Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nengi
HenryPrice? Anybody? :smile:

Hey :smile: I applied for Henry Price!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Haha me too, i didnt reallt enjoy it that much! I wish i took something like Biology instead!
Ah, i used to love science at school! I live in Newcastle :smile: your coming pretty far to Leeds then!
What grades do you need to get for neuroscience?

I know what u mean, I should have done psychology instead of english :rolleyes:
and haha yh I know the trips home are gonna b few and far between, which is neither a bad or good thing, I think the space from home will give me much needed independence and space, the down side is that I can't just pop home if I get hungry and broke lol, speaking off finances has anyone completed their student finances?
I need to sort that out and figure out how much I'm gonna be living on each week at uni, all I know at the moment is that I'm going shopping for some new clothes and shoes b4 uni starts :biggrin: it would probably be wise to buy some home essentials whilst I'm out and about too..

I know it's a bit early, okay it's very early, but have you started any shoppin 4 uni

oh and I need AAB, how bout u?
Original post by -Christabel-
I know what u mean, I should have done psychology instead of english :rolleyes:
and haha yh I know the trips home are gonna b few and far between, which is neither a bad or good thing, I think the space from home will give me much needed independence and space, the down side is that I can't just pop home if I get hungry and broke lol, speaking off finances has anyone completed their student finances?
I need to sort that out and figure out how much I'm gonna be living on each week at uni, all I know at the moment is that I'm going shopping for some new clothes and shoes b4 uni starts :biggrin: it would probably be wise to buy some home essentials whilst I'm out and about too..

I know it's a bit early, okay it's very early, but have you started any shoppin 4 uni

oh and I need AAB, how bout u?

Haha I did enjoy it though:smile:
Yeah although I only live an hour and a half away don't think I will be going home a lot although I'm an only child and I'm really close to my parents I love them but the space and independence will do me good too! I've done student finance If you want ask me any questions :smile:? I actually have well I started today got a duvet and some pillows haha :biggrin:

I only need to get BBB which is good :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
wow nice. I wanted to intercalate and do neuroscience if i had got in for medicine :frown:, but neuro's pretty cool :tongue:

cheers, and y the long face what course are you going for now?
Original post by Nengi
HenryPrice? Anybody? :smile:

I've applied there as well :biggrin:
Reply 1185

I've applied there as well :biggrin:

Oh really?! :smile: What are you studying at Leeds then?
Reply 1186

Hey :smile: I applied for Henry Price!

oooh nicee! I hope we all get Henry Price! What are you studying at Leeds?
Reply 1187
hey, is accomodation free first year for UK students?
Haha I did enjoy it though:smile:
Yeah although I only live an hour and a half away don't think I will be going home a lot although I'm an only child and I'm really close to my parents I love them but the space and independence will do me good too! I've done student finance If you want ask me any questions :smile:? I actually have well I started today got a duvet and some pillows haha :biggrin:

I only need to get BBB which is good :biggrin:

Lol takin a train 2 london then a train 2 leeds took me over 3 hours, hate to think how long a coach would take me :eek:

oh okay, I've got an older bro and younger sister making me the middle childv:^_^:, and I shall definitely ask u for help if I get stuck with the student finance :biggrin:

and lol I need to get cracking, I need to make a list of stuff I need, I'm actually getting too excited thinking about all the shopping I gotta do and the accommodation...meanwhile my chemistry textbook is sitting on my desk staring at me :dong:

I need to get off TSR and read that textbook lol
Original post by Nengi
Oh really?! :smile: What are you studying at Leeds then?

Neuroscience, how bout u? and yay another HP friend :smile:
Original post by miyah

No it's not free, you take out a student loan and you pay for your accommodation; if anything most unis will guarantee accommodation for first years but by no means is it free :smile:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
I wish I didn't drop English Lit looking back. Can't say I enjoyed it incredibly though I didn't mind, more than it took less effort than my other subjects. :lol:

Really?! I wish I never took it, all those boring poems from "The World and His Wife" and "The Handmaid's Tale" wasn't much better either tbh, the only part I enjoyed was writing the first piece of coursework where we could write a fictional piece based on the handmaid's tale; I only took english lit 'cos my school doesn't offer english language past GCSE level :s-smilie:

I spose it didn't help that I wasn't really a fan of my english teacher either :K:

what other subject are you doing? and what course have you applied for?
Really?! I wish I never took it, all those boring poems from "The World and His Wife" and "The Handmaid's Tale" wasn't much better either tbh, the only part I enjoyed was writing the first piece of coursework where we could write a fictional piece based on the handmaid's tale; I only took english lit 'cos my school doesn't offer english language past GCSE level :s-smilie:

I spose it didn't help that I wasn't really a fan of my english teacher either :K:

what other subject are you doing? and what course have you applied for?

Those poems ring no bells at all! :zomg: We had The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and then a selection of a few other old poems. Ah, my school didn't do English Language after GCSE either - nor were the teachers fond of the subject so didn't really want to teach it. Personally, I preferred literature - less writing, more analysing (ie using your imagination to make creative waffle). :tongue: We didn't have any fictional pieces to write though. Just essays and essays aplenty for AS-Level.

Ahaha, not being a fan really doesn't help! I did really like my English teachers though. That said, I think I liked it more because I really did not have to do much. It clashed with my Chemistry lessons, so I had to do it in my own time with just one hour a week after school time of teaching. It meant we just focused primarly on the coursework and exams, if that. No classwork at all or any of the extra bits you have to do to prepare and all the random drafts and everything else. :king1:

I did Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Maths as well at AS. Carried those four on dropping English for A2. Currently on a gap year and unconditional medicine offer. School seems like forever away! :zomg:

How about yourself? :awesome:
Reply 1193
cheers, and y the long face what course are you going for now?

Medical engineering :biggrin:
Original post by miyah

no such thing :console:
Reply 1194
Hi . :smile: I am an international student and I have no idea what accom to choose. I prefer self-catered, not very quite(I like parties :biggrin: ), near LUBS(no more than 20/25min walk). I read that off campus accom is more social, it this true? Can anyone help me, please?
Hello :smile:

I have put Clarence Dock as my first choice. I think its really good value for money, and im not bothered about the distance I travel an hour every morning now anyway.

Anyone else? :smile:
Lol takin a train 2 london then a train 2 leeds took me over 3 hours, hate to think how long a coach would take me :eek:

oh okay, I've got an older bro and younger sister making me the middle childv:^_^:, and I shall definitely ask u for help if I get stuck with the student finance :biggrin:

and lol I need to get cracking, I need to make a list of stuff I need, I'm actually getting too excited thinking about all the shopping I gotta do and the accommodation...meanwhile my chemistry textbook is sitting on my desk staring at me :dong:

I need to get off TSR and read that textbook lol

Haha :smile: the coach would take soooo long :O
Yeah student finance isn't too complicated so that's okay! Ask me anything though!

Yeah I'm getting so excited now I hope we all get in to Henry price it'll be so exciting! I really need to make a list and stuff :smile:
Ah I've just revised for 3 hours I've just stopped! I feel like I've been productive:smile:

When's your first exam?
Original post by Nengi
oooh nicee! I hope we all get Henry Price! What are you studying at Leeds?

Me too :biggrin: I'm going to be doing sociology! You?:smile:
Original post by xxstace123xx
Hello :smile:

I have put Clarence Dock as my first choice. I think its really good value for money, and im not bothered about the distance I travel an hour every morning now anyway.

Anyone else? :smile:

Quite a high chance ill be applying there too =)
I think its gonna be pretty sociable which is a big deal for me. And the rooms are pretty big, didnt you think?? :biggrin: i was happy with it.
AND for ensuite the price isnt through the roof like alot of en suite is.

Im still thinking about it though. Considering charles morris, the tannery and henry price.
I just wanna end up somewhere nice and sociable without any rah people XD
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1199
i've applied for leodis residences... and will be a medical student, yay!
but have just realised.. that i'll have to walk for half an hour before i get to my building :frown:

Latest