The Student Room Group

Appropriate gifts for driving instructor?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by angger
Do you have a crush on your driving instructor? Is he cute? Is he single? Is he attracted to you? <--- Irrelevant, but nonetheless should be asked.
yes he is very cute. no i dont have a crush on him though i wold if i met him socially and got to know him. no he is not single and no he is very professional. and no it isnt my motivation for getting him anything.

Original post by FXX
I guess the driving test is flawed as long as people can take it as many times as they want.

Looking forward to the OPs next thread "I crashed into three stationary cars on the way to the shop this morning because I have no spatial awareness/perception of depth".

i do agree with you on this. after i failed nr 1, with 18M and 3S my instrucotr said 'no point having anymore lessonsd, you are test standard, just keep taking them til you pass'. i then changed to BSM and my next instructor also said the same. it is flawed that someone can go from 8M and 2Dangerous to 1 week later passing a test with no further lessons, like i did./
Reply 21
Your license, return it.
Original post by superwolf
I can see the headlines now: Size 6 Latina Model Kills 6 in Hit and Run Horror.

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

Dammit!
Blowjob. And then maybe some wine. Or the wine previous to get him to actually be up for it!
Original post by shinytoy
i can assure you i am for real. check the 'ultimate i failed my driving test thread' for my comments before the test, and my post history to see the progress on many tests.

Yeah and it's all trolling.
Reply 25
Deff blowjob.
a new student :tongue:
Reply 27
did anyone get their instructor anythiong?
Reply 28
Yourself
Reply 29
I didn't as I haven't seen my instructor since I passed my test. My first two instructors turned into nightmares turning up late and using their phones for non-emergencies during lessons, even when I was driving (which is illegal.) They seemed to like getting as much money out of me as they could and I was constantly told, "Book a test, don't book a test." Third instructor was great and I knew she wasn't going to try getting as much money as she could out of me as she told me to book my test after two lessons with her. Anyway what I'm trying to say is I understand why you want to get your instructor something as learning wasn't an easy process for me either. I would have done if I could've done pass plus with my instructor (she doesn't do it) but if you're likely to see your instructor again for pass plus or for any other reason, get him something. Wine/chocolates and a card sounds good to me; a driving experience does seem a bit much.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Don't feed the troll. It's not real.

Ahh my bad. Didn't recognise the troll and didn't wanna assume all people with lots of neg rep are trolls...

Original post by Yawn11
Probably the most dedicated troll on TSR.

Urm, WHAT?

How can you not mention the beast of the gym?
SummerSofas ftw...
Reply 31
Original post by Kim-x
I didn't as I haven't seen my instructor since I passed my test. My first two instructors turned into nightmares turning up late and using their phones for non-emergencies during lessons, even when I was driving (which is illegal.) They seemed to like getting as much money out of me as they could and I was constantly told, "Book a test, don't book a test." Third instructor was great and I knew she wasn't going to try getting as much money as she could out of me as she told me to book my test after two lessons with her. Anyway what I'm trying to say is I understand why you want to get your instructor something as learning wasn't an easy process for me either. I would have done if I could've done pass plus with my instructor (she doesn't do it) but if you're likely to see your instructor again for pass plus or for any other reason, get him something. Wine/chocolates and a card sounds good to me; a driving experience does seem a bit much.

you sound like you had awful instructors tbh, though i thought ALL instructors use the phone while teaching.

i had great ones. the first was a woman - very nice but just wanted to gossip. for 4 hours a week. for one year. she then had teh radio on all the time AND i then failed 2 tests. she was nice but not a great teacher.

my other one, the cute young dude, was awese, he let me have lessons at 6am as well and was just a really good teacher. and like he loves driving, he can drive a lorry as well as a car and motorbike. thst why i thought he might like a driving experience. the money doesnt matter as i've already spend over 1 grand on test fees and £5k on lessons since im awful at driving.
but i dont want him to think i fancy him, or the gift isnt appropriate. cos like he was already falsely accused of sexually assaulting 17 year old girls twice. 17 year old girls are crazy like why would you make up stuff like that
Reply 32
Original post by shinytoy
you sound like you had awful instructors tbh, though i thought ALL instructors use the phone while teaching.

i had great ones. the first was a woman - very nice but just wanted to gossip. for 4 hours a week. for one year. she then had teh radio on all the time AND i then failed 2 tests. she was nice but not a great teacher.

my other one, the cute young dude, was awese, he let me have lessons at 6am as well and was just a really good teacher. and like he loves driving, he can drive a lorry as well as a car and motorbike. thst why i thought he might like a driving experience. the money doesnt matter as i've already spend over 1 grand on test fees and £5k on lessons since im awful at driving.
but i dont want him to think i fancy him, or the gift isnt appropriate. cos like he was already falsely accused of sexually assaulting 17 year old girls twice. 17 year old girls are crazy like why would you make up stuff like that

My third one had her phone on but never answered it unless it was a family member and she thought there might be a problem. Same applied to everyone; she told me to phone her when I got a test slot so I did. She was on a lesson with someone else which I didn't know at the time, she let it go to answerphone and phoned me back afterwards. Much better than others who took bookings from other pupils on my time and rang their bosses. And my personal favourite, instructor turns up to take the lesson saying that the brakes have been playing up :eek:

Yeah it does seem like he'd like a driving experience in that case. Better than assuming that all instructors like chocolate/wine. Maybe ask him if he'd mind if you got him one? I'd feel a bit guilty about accepting it and given what other pupils have claimed, he might feel awkward. If he doesn't want to accept you could get him something else and the thought that it would be a gift he'd like would still be there. It's the thought that counts after all.
Original post by SkyHunter
some chocolates and a thank you card? :smile:

This is what i was thinking too.
Reply 34
Original post by Kim-x
My third one had her phone on but never answered it unless it was a family member and she thought there might be a problem. Same applied to everyone; she told me to phone her when I got a test slot so I did. She was on a lesson with someone else which I didn't know at the time, she let it go to answerphone and phoned me back afterwards. Much better than others who took bookings from other pupils on my time and rang their bosses.

Not so much when you have 15 minutes to secure a cancellation booking slot

And my personal favourite, instructor turns up to take the lesson saying that the brakes have been playing up :eek:
my instructor (the lady) never gave a reason though she cancelled loads of lessons for a) being drunk or b) baby was up all night so she was to tired. but she gave me lessons at 6am and 7-9pm. the dude was always on time or early thougu
Yeah it does seem like he'd like a driving experience in that case. Better than assuming that all instructors like chocolate/wine. Maybe ask him if he'd mind if you got him one? I'd feel a bit guilty about accepting it
even if your pupil had done 6 tests and had cried sadly in your car and asked you to go on their test with them cos they were scared
and given what other pupils have claimed, he might feel awkward.
other pupils on this thread are saying he needs a BJ. im gonna ignore them. is it uncommon to get your instructor a gift? i mean all of yours seemed pretty rubbish to me, and you probably didnt take 6 tests or start randomly blubbing in a mans car??
If he doesn't want to accept you could get him something else and the thought that it would be a gift he'd like would still be there. It's the thought that counts after all.

i think it would be awkward to ask him what he would want and i am very shy and embarrassed about these things :tongue: im just gonna get it and dump it in the post
I know this is harsh but I hoped that you'd fail again. Youre obviously not a safe driver and just got lucky. Where do you live?
Reply 36
Original post by Emma:-)
This is what i was thinking too.

really? do most people get the instructor anything or not? surely they get sick of chocs and wine? i mean he loves driving and he is a young dude. even the tests when he was waiting in th waiting room he had brought car mags to read. so yeah gonna go with the experience day i think. if its too OTT and he gets embarrassed thats cool cos am not gonna see him for a lonnng time. plus he will love it. if your student got you this would you like it?

Original post by fudgeeyena
I know this is harsh but I hoped that you'd fail again. Youre obviously not a safe driver and just got lucky. Where do you live?

im not gonna disagree with you matey, if i did the test again tomorrow i would near certainly fail just like i did the last 6 times. you dont go from 2Dangerous 8M to passing with 6M with no extra lessons.

also, will i always be a terrible driver? ive had 4 hours a week for one and a half years. my manovers are fine but my general driving is bad. partivularly fitting through gaps or judging if i have enough time to pull out at junctions or roundaboutes
my tests were:
1st - 18M, 3S
2nd - 15M 3S
3rd - 11M 2S
4th - 9M 1S
5th - 1D, 1S, 10M (Colchester - 38% pass rate, nearly crashed at some crossroads)
6th - 2D, 8M (Ipswich - 50% pass rate, nearly hit a lorry and a brick wall)
7th - 6M (mounted two kerbs and near miss with lorry)

i had 4 lessons between the 2nd and 3rd, but apart from that i just kept going with no lessons and no practice since i dont have a car. it comes down to luck.
(edited 13 years ago)
Please get some extra training. You've said yourself that you dont feel like a safe driver. And like you said, you went from 2 DANGEROUS to passing with no extra lessons. You really need extra tuition.
Oh wait, Colchester/Ipswich.
All is good, I live up north. I now have no fear of you wiping me out on my way to sixth form tomorrow.
Reply 39
Original post by fudgeeyena
Please get some extra training. You've said yourself that you dont feel like a safe driver. And like you said, you went from 2 DANGEROUS to passing with no extra lessons. You really need extra tuition.

do you think i will always be a terrible driver? ive had 4 hours a week for one and a half years. i have to drive cos of work. i dont know what to do. it seems no matter how many lessons i have i dont get any better.

im scared of my own driving. on the way to the test centre on the day i passed, the instrucotr had to use the dual controls twice. its my spatial awareness. i just cant judge things very well and it isnt getting any better. i dont know what to do :frown: im pretty sure i will have an accident.

im gonna do pass plus for sure, but thats only 2 hours long of night driving in a motorway. im not gonna improve in 2 hours. what can you advise? i cant really phone up a driving school and say hey i just passed but i need more lessons, can i ? and what if i secretly have dypraxia or something which is why im so terrible?

Quick Reply

Latest