The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Would've been nice to take Further Maths AS, but I love my current ones. :biggrin:
Reply 61
I done chemistry,biology,maths,physics and german at AS was thinking of carrying on with all 5 to A2 but then ended up with 4As and 1B in Physics so this made me drop Physics. The biggest mistake I have ever done!! Physics is so easy, you don't even need to revise for it, you just have to get used to the concept and that's it, whereas biology you have to revise or more likely cram 1x10^10000 facts for the exams.
Sociology.
I wish I'd done Classics AS instead of Psychology AS.
I hated chemistry at AS! I found it hard to grasp any of it 9didn't help that I was surrounded by people that would talk about the answers loudly when they knew I was a lot slower than them) I had to teach myself a good half of the course because the way one of my teacher's taught it just didn't seem to work with me. I had to revise so hard just to get a C and then I failed to put enough revision into my maths and so that grade slipped from a possible B to a D =[ Dropped it now.
x
Original post by nikki_aiyana
I hated chemistry at AS! I found it hard to grasp any of it 9didn't help that I was surrounded by people that would talk about the answers loudly when they knew I was a lot slower than them) I had to teach myself a good half of the course because the way one of my teacher's taught it just didn't seem to work with me. I had to revise so hard just to get a C and then I failed to put enough revision into my maths and so that grade slipped from a possible B to a D =[ Dropped it now.
x

What did you get at GCSE?
Reply 66
history. oh god learning about the rise of the labour party and how the liberals introduced many social reforms that changed the british economy in the early 1900s bored me to death. i would rather jump off a building and hope to catch my eyelid on a nail than sit through that agen
Reply 67
Chemistry

Bane of my life.
Sports Studies. Fun, and I got a good grade, but ridiculously easy.

History or Economics would've been a better idea.
Reply 69
Maths. I hate it so much.
Reply 70
I took Performing arts and now wish I'd taken Spanish instead
MATHS! It was the worst AS Level everrr. And now the joke is that im doing it for A2. Good times.
maths. so boring.
Reply 73
music technology. took up waaaaaaay to much time and effort and turns out taking it along with a music A Level wasn't such a great idea when I realised I didn't want to do a music degree.. hmm... :P
Reply 74
General Paper!!! Oh wait...I didn't had a choice, it was compulsory <_< could've taken Further Maths until at leas AS instead of that waste of my time subject...and was forced to study it for 2 years when it's just an AS subject...sigh
Psychology... the case studies are so boring and the teaching is so bad :frown: i guess i may keep it til A2 though being i enjoy the actual subject and am doing well in it :redface:
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
What subject did you find rigorously difficult.
Might it be anything from Chemistry, Physics or even Maths!

I regretted taking History, Biology and Home Economics.

Did not regret Psychology :biggrin:

I can't say I found any of them that hard though...
I regret taking home ec because it meant I pretty much had to drop it in order to keep more academic subjects when I really wanted to drop History because I hated it and it was more work than the rest of my subjects put together. I also decided quite early on that I was a 'science girl' and couldn't be bothered with History. Also if it wasn't for History coursework, I would have got my first choice uni. Biology wasn't hard if you actually put the effort in to just learn and understand the stuff.
Most people I know found Physics and Chemistry AS level really hard and most dropped Physics but a lot of them needed to carry on with Chemistry for their uni course. I don't think anyone found Maths hard but Further Maths certainly.
Original post by manic_fuzz
Psychology... the case studies are so boring and the teaching is so bad :frown: i guess i may keep it til A2 though being i enjoy the actual subject and am doing well in it :redface:

That's weird- what exam board is that? I don't remember any 'case studies'.
I liked psychology so much I applied for a degree in it :biggrin: but I was kind of already going to do that anyway.
Reply 78
History! too much essay writing especially when my main subs are chem,bio and maths. History was chosen mainly to show unis im an all rounded person for med. It worked but i ended up damaging my chem n bio grades and didnt get A in AS dropped history at A2 and got As in bio n chem in a jan exams :biggrin:
Original post by missaphrodite
That's weird- what exam board is that? I don't remember any 'case studies'.
I liked psychology so much I applied for a degree in it :biggrin: but I was kind of already going to do that anyway.

OCR, we have to memorise 15 psychological studies... as well as psychological investigations (which is basically knowing how to conduct an experiment) :s-smilie:
ahh, well that's obviously going to be loooads more interesting than what i'm doing :rolleyes: good luck with it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest