The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Eng Lit A..Has anyone got past papers?

I'm doing the love through the ages spec and wondered if anyone has access to the June 2010 or Jan 2011 papers yet, and if so could you post them on here?

Original post by Navi_Fairy
I'm doing the love through the ages spec and wondered if anyone has access to the June 2010 or Jan 2011 papers yet, and if so could you post them on here?

I don't actually have the papers, but I know the topics were the pains of love and the nature of love :/ which sound horrible to me! If you search a bit more you may be able to find people speaking about the extracts, if not definitely ask your English department at school, they should at least have one copy?!
How are you finding the course? x
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I don't actually have the papers, but I know the topics were the pains of love and the nature of love :/ which sound horrible to me! If you search a bit more you may be able to find people speaking about the extracts, if not definitely ask your English department at school, they should at least have one copy?!
How are you finding the course? x

Ahh :frown: I just found the June 2010 one, didn't realise it was on the AQA website haha, must have overlooked it :smile: Yeahh, I'm going to ask around, my teachers aren't keen on giving out any of the papers really yet (as they use some of them for mocks) but I want some practice at home with them.

The topics always seem a little big vague :s-smilie: The course isn't too bad, I'm seriously lacking in my drama wider reading at the minute. My English lit has got a bit neglected for my other subjects haha. Just a bit scared that something really random will come up on the exam and I'll panic :smile:

How about you?
Ahh :frown: I just found the June 2010 one, didn't realise it was on the AQA website haha, must have overlooked it :smile: Yeahh, I'm going to ask around, my teachers aren't keen on giving out any of the papers really yet (as they use some of them for mocks) but I want some practice at home with them.

The topics always seem a little big vague :s-smilie: The course isn't too bad, I'm seriously lacking in my drama wider reading at the minute. My English lit has got a bit neglected for my other subjects haha. Just a bit scared that something really random will come up on the exam and I'll panic :smile:

How about you?

Yeah my teachers are holding them back until after mocks too haha. And I agree - I prefer topics which are too the point, if I had to write about the 'nature of love' I think I would crumble! But I guess you can talk about negatives and positives of love? Meh.

What have you done for drama so far? We have Shakespeare's 'Measure for Measure', Williams' 'Streetcar...', Ford's 'Tis Pity...' and I'm using Ibsen's 'Doll's House' and some of Oscar Wilde which I looked at in Victorian Lit last year. I'm still a bit lost though if I'm honest...

I'm thinking it will be something on family love, as it's all been pretty romantic up until now, but I really hope not because that's a bit limited regarding what I've studied up until now!

What other subjects are you doing? x
Reply 4
Yeah my teachers are holding them back until after mocks too haha. And I agree - I prefer topics which are too the point, if I had to write about the 'nature of love' I think I would crumble! But I guess you can talk about negatives and positives of love? Meh.

What have you done for drama so far? We have Shakespeare's 'Measure for Measure', Williams' 'Streetcar...', Ford's 'Tis Pity...' and I'm using Ibsen's 'Doll's House' and some of Oscar Wilde which I looked at in Victorian Lit last year. I'm still a bit lost though if I'm honest...

I'm thinking it will be something on family love, as it's all been pretty romantic up until now, but I really hope not because that's a bit limited regarding what I've studied up until now!

What other subjects are you doing? x

Yeahh... I did struggle for identity at AS :smile: I preferred that a lot more tbh as it was more clear cut and I knew what I was writing about then...haha. I've also got 'A Doll's house,' and 'Streetcar,' and done some of the extracts out of the textbook. We also did an awful lot of Shakespeare in class too, I'm focusing down on 'Romeo and Juliet' and 'Othello' though.

I'm not really sure what they would ask. It might even be on homosexual relationships or something like that, though I'm not actually sure if that would come up or not. My other subjects are biology, chemistry and music, I got an A at AS and a high A in my A2 coursework so I'm hoping for an A* (maybe) haha.
Yeahh... I did struggle for identity at AS :smile: I preferred that a lot more tbh as it was more clear cut and I knew what I was writing about then...haha. I've also got 'A Doll's house,' and 'Streetcar,' and done some of the extracts out of the textbook. We also did an awful lot of Shakespeare in class too, I'm focusing down on 'Romeo and Juliet' and 'Othello' though.

I'm not really sure what they would ask. It might even be on homosexual relationships or something like that, though I'm not actually sure if that would come up or not. My other subjects are biology, chemistry and music, I got an A at AS and a high A in my A2 coursework so I'm hoping for an A* (maybe) haha.

Ahh well done :smile: I got a high A in my exam but only a B in my coursework last year (which I was annoyed at, as I got told it was a high A so told me I didn't have to do much to change it?!) but this year I've made sure at least three teachers have marked it lol and apparently it IS a high A this year! I just hope I get an A lol, our school had a massive marking problem last year when loads of people got Ds, Es and Us literally for no reason - people retook and got full marks, by writing exactly the same and revising the same stuff lol. I'm a bit nervous!
Reply 6
Ahh well done :smile: I got a high A in my exam but only a B in my coursework last year (which I was annoyed at, as I got told it was a high A so told me I didn't have to do much to change it?!) but this year I've made sure at least three teachers have marked it lol and apparently it IS a high A this year! I just hope I get an A lol, our school had a massive marking problem last year when loads of people got Ds, Es and Us literally for no reason - people retook and got full marks, by writing exactly the same and revising the same stuff lol. I'm a bit nervous!

I think it really depends on the examiner who's moderating on coursework grades and stuff, it's a bit of the luck of the draw with exam too (I'm in a split sixth form, we had the choice of doing either Victorian or struggle for identity and the people who did Victorian said it was a difficult paper last year whereas ours was really quite simple). We'll do fine :biggrin: Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending