The Student Room Group

I'm in a pickle... A Level exams looming, heads just not in the game..

*sigh*

I need AABb and an A*/A or B on my GCSE Maths retake.

My subjects are: Religious Studies, Economics and Computing. I have a B at AS Maths but I flopped GCSE Maths and got a D at GCSE due to not revising..

Ugh, my first exam is on May 26th and I have a total of 7 exams.

Can I still get my grades at this stage? I've pretty much neglected the GCSE Maths because i've been focusing on my Economics mock exam coming up.. I've had computing coursework ugh, I haven't even collated all my notes yet..

Can I still get my grades? I'm on Study Leave as of Friday.

Uni: University of Leeds to study Accounting & Finance and they gave me an offer below their standard offer so i can't afford to flop.

Ahh someone please just tell, is it still possible at this stage?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes it is I have a total of 11 exams. I was bloody messing about at the start of the year. Just devote your time to studying, I know that it can be drag but reemeber the fruit of your labours will be sweet.
Reply 2
Can be done, in a similar position...
Reply 3
mate thats crazy u got a B at AS Maths, and you got D in GCSE. You dont even need to revise that much to get a C. Please dont tell me you got a B/C in C1 or C2, you really are unique for the wrong reasons :wink:
Your not going to get them by wasting time wondering and not actually trying.

Just try and find out dude. Either don't try and fail, or try and maybe succeed :smile:
Just out of curiosity, how were you able to take AS-Level Mathematics with a D? Congratulations on your grade at AS, by the way. :biggrin:
Don't worry I've got 7 exams as well 5 of which being maths haha (c2 and s1 retake) am planning on starting this weekend if not next week, just make sure you plan out what your going to revise on a particular day and make sure you revise efficiently, by all means go out but not too much :P
Reply 7
Original post by ,,,,
Don't worry I've got 7 exams as well 5 of which being maths haha (c2 and s1 retake) am planning on starting this weekend if not next week, just make sure you plan out what your going to revise on a particular day and make sure you revise efficiently, by all means go out but not too much :P

I have 10 exams.

6 maths :teehee: 2 Ethics, 1 Philosophy and 1 English Lit.

:facepalm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by InAPickle:(
*sigh*

I need AABb and an A*/A or B on my GCSE Maths retake.

My subjects are: Religious Studies, Economics and Computing. I have a B at AS Maths but I flopped GCSE Maths and got a D at GCSE due to not revising..

Ugh, my first exam is on May 26th and I have a total of 7 exams.

Can I still get my grades at this stage? I've pretty much neglected the GCSE Maths because i've been focusing on my Economics mock exam coming up.. I've had computing coursework ugh, I haven't even collated all my notes yet..

Can I still get my grades? I'm on Study Leave as of Friday.

Uni: University of Leeds to study Accounting & Finance and they gave me an offer below their standard offer so i can't afford to flop.

Ahh someone please just tell, is it still possible at this stage?

I have seven before May 26th -_-
Yeah, we have weeks! My first one is on the 20th May and I have 9 total... 4 maths, 1 english lit, 2 biology, 1 chemistry and 1 general studies :P

Get 'your head in the game' now and you should be A-ok!
Reply 10
Whether we think you can or not, whether you think you can or not, the best thing to do in both situations will be revise from now, and don't stop. Good luck.
Reply 11
Original post by okapobcfc08
mate thats crazy u got a B at AS Maths, and you got D in GCSE. You dont even need to revise that much to get a C. Please dont tell me you got a B/C in C1 or C2, you really are unique for the wrong reasons :wink:

Loool its so backwards right?

Well at GCSE I didn't like Maths, my teacher didn't support me in lesson time, I just stupidly gave up with it, and then got a D, shock to the system. Went against my maths teachers wishes and self studied AQA AS Maths lol and got a B.

I got a low A in Core 1 and Core 2 I got a low B...(slackage) Was considering retaking Core 2 but meh... M1 was meh aswell

I have to get a B at GCSE Maths...I want an A tbh....and its one of Leeds requirements and its fair enough. :smile:

Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Just out of curiosity, how were you able to take AS-Level Mathematics with a D? Congratulations on your grade at AS, by the way. :biggrin:

Self study lol - I just wanted to see if it was me that genuinely sucked at Maths/whether it was down to the lack of revision. I'm not amazing at Maths but hopefully i'm alright at it? So hopefully the GCSE Maths will be all good.

Thanks very much. :smile:

To everyone else thanks, i'll get on with it, ugh I hate religious studies with a passion lol but must achieve an A. -__-
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Liam_G
I have 10 exams.

6 maths :teehee: 2 Ethics, 1 Philosophy and 1 English Lit.

:facepalm:

Dude thats epic :O which maths module are you not retaking?
Reply 13
I have a lot of exams to do in the summer as well.
Best thing to do is work out how you want to revise and what you will do, whether it be questions from the book, past papers. Then set what you want to each day and get through that. It should be enought to turn it around, btw I have 9 exams with 6 being resits across all subjects :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by ,,,,
Dude thats epic :O which maths module are you not retaking?

I'm doing C4 for the first time, and re-sitting everything else :u:

If I didn't try to smile I'd have already killed myself :ashamed2:

I'm having a few extra lessons with my teacher, and one of my friends is tutoring me... I really appreciate it but can't escape the feeling that I'm just wasting everybody's time.
Original post by naza911
I have a lot of exams to do in the summer as well.
Best thing to do is work out how you want to revise and what you will do, whether it be questions from the book, past papers. Then set what you want to each day and get through that. It should be enought to turn it around, btw I have 9 exams with 6 being resits across all subjects :s-smilie:

Ahh its just like everyone's got more resits than actual new exams lol :P
Guys, I got CDE at AS-level and want to get atleast BCC/CCC overall. I've been revising really hard up until now and I'm doubting that I'll manage to get the grades that I want due to how many marks I need to make up for. I got a B in my unit 3 law in January though :smile:

Have any of you ever been in this situation?
Loool its so backwards right?

Well at GCSE I didn't like Maths, my teacher didn't support me in lesson time, I just stupidly gave up with it, and then got a D, shock to the system. Went against my maths teachers wishes and self studied AQA AS Maths lol and got a B.

I got a low A in Core 1 and Core 2 I got a low B...(slackage) Was considering retaking Core 2 but meh... M1 was meh aswell

I have to get a B at GCSE Maths...I want an A tbh....and its one of Leeds requirements and its fair enough. :smile:

Self study lol - I just wanted to see if it was me that genuinely sucked at Maths/whether it was down to the lack of revision. I'm not amazing at Maths but hopefully i'm alright at it? So hopefully the GCSE Maths will be all good.

Thanks very much. :smile:

To everyone else thanks, i'll get on with it, ugh I hate religious studies with a passion lol but must achieve an A. -__-

lol mate yes it is very backwards, what crack were you sniffin to get a D in GCSE haha. On the one hand, I should say very well done, on the other I should say you are wasting clearly a lot of talent.
Reply 18
Original post by okapobcfc08
lol mate yes it is very backwards, what crack were you sniffin to get a D in GCSE haha. On the one hand, I should say very well done, on the other I should say you are wasting clearly a lot of talent.

To the bold why would you say that? :confused:

To the bold why would you say that? :confused:

come on mate you should not be wasting time and effort on GCSE Maths, what about A2 Maths lmao, come on, maybe not wasting talent, but just wasting time and effort which you should never have been wasting.

Quick Reply

Latest