The Student Room Group

Guys: Taking a hint...

As the title suggests, what's up with you guys and taking a hint??

If it's not "please leave me alone" or "i really want to see you" no matter how hard we try, you guys never seem to pick up on a hint.....

Is this down to just bad hint giving skills, or just an inability to recognise them???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Guys are not not mind readers you know!
Reverse argument against girls is equally valid.
Reply 3
Original post by The Stig
Guys are not not mind readers you know!

i know that but all i'm saying is how blindingly obvious does the hint have to be before it's recognised?
Original post by emmi_lou
i know that but all i'm saying is how blindingly obvious does the hint have to be before it's recognised?

Post a few of what you think are hints then it'll be a bit clearer

To the point when its not a hint and when you are actually saying what you actually mean? Why can't girls ever do that?
Like if we don't reply to your texts we aren't interested so stop texting!
Original post by WelshBluebird
To the point when its not a hint and when you are actually saying what you actually mean? Why can't girls ever do that?

Sometimes we don't always want to be the ones to suggest going out, or doing something though, start to feel a bit of a pest after a while....

for instance meeting up, it'd be nice if sometimes they took it upon themselves to ask if you fancy meeting up instead of always being the one to suggest it...
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight

That's a load of complete bull!! Just cos someone doesn't reply to one text certainly doesn't mean they're not interested, big difference between this and not replying to lots of them...
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight

Exactly what I mean.

Someone not replying may not mean they are not interested.
It may mean they have no credit, it may mean they are just forgetful (I am!), it may mean their phone is off, etc etc.

In that situation why don't you just send a text back saying "sorry but I am not interested in you"?
Exactly what I mean.

It may mean they have no credit, it may mean they are just forgetful (I am!), it may mean their phone is off, etc etc.

In that situation why don't you just send a text back saying "sorry but I am not interested in you"?

For the guys :biggrin:

In my case; ****ing obvious. Obvious to the point it cannot possibly mean anything else no matter how much you try and twist it.

Here's some advice for you: be blunt. Bluntness is good, it helps people know where you stand and what your position is.
Hints are nigh on useless most of the time, at least in my experience they are anyway :h:
Reply 12
Original post by Drunk Punx
In my case; ****ing obvious. Obvious to the point it cannot possibly mean anything else no matter how much you try and twist it.

Here's some advice for you: be blunt. Bluntness is good, it helps people know where you stand and what your position is.
Hints are nigh on useless most of the time, at least in my experience they are anyway :h:

but wouldn't you just feel like you were being nagged all the time?

If it's not "please leave me alone" or "i really want to see you" no matter how hard we try, you guys never seem to pick up on a hint.....

Is this down to just bad hint giving skills, or just an inability to recognise them???

speaking as a 20 year old virgin who has never kissed a girl before, i am unsure if i should make a move on a girl unless she gives obvious hints or tells me outright that she likes me.

i dont want to appear desperate or be slapped in the face for making a move if she didnt want me to. i stay on the side of caution and if i think she might or might not want me to make a move, i will wait until the signals are more obvious.
Exactly what I mean.

Aye, over the last 3 days, I have received 3 texts from a friend, read them, but couldn't read at that point, or was doing something and was going to reply to them later. Finally replied to all 3 texts today :tongue:
but wouldn't you just feel like you were being nagged all the time?

Not really. I'd rather that than have a girlfriend complain that I'm **** at taking hints (which has happened before).
Reply 16
The usually unified men and women of TSR will be torn apart by this thread.

Good work OP; and that is a hint for bad work. :nah:
Oh, we get the hints. We just like the power :teeth:
just tell us.....otherwise we won't know
Reply 19

looooooooooooooooool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending