The Student Room Group

Guys: Taking a hint...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DH-Biker
The usually unified men and women of TSR will be torn apart by this thread.

Good work OP; and that is a hint for bad work. :nah:

just trying to answer a curiosity that i'm sure not only i but many others hold haha :redface:
Reply 21
Original post by emmi_lou
As the title suggests, what's up with you guys and taking a hint??

If it's not "please leave me alone" or "i really want to see you" no matter how hard we try, you guys never seem to pick up on a hint.....

Is this down to just bad hint giving skills, or just an inability to recognise them???

Give us an example?
Reply 22
Is it our fault for not taking the hint or your fault for being sneaky and hinting instead of being forward and honest.
Reply 23
Original post by Drunk Punx
Not really. I'd rather that than have a girlfriend complain that I'm **** at taking hints (which has happened before).

hmmm s'pose... :rolleyes:

would you be able to answer my response, please?
It's always horrible when people don't make something clear. Males AND females should make it clear how they feel. Would solve so many problems.
Reply 26
just trying to answer a curiosity that i'm sure not only i but many others hold haha :redface:

Haha! Don't worry about it.

It would be a lot easier if you women just spoke your mind instead of dropping hints, though. :redface:
We can see hints (usually), but you should be more like (most) of us and just be open about speaking your mind. :yep:

Much more fun. :colone:

*shrugs* Personal preference comes into play a lot when subjects like this come up.

I'd rather a girl tell me that she's feeling horny as opposed to feeling bored if she means the same thing, for example. Boredom can be quelled by an endless list, horniness, however... :sexface:
As the title suggests, what's up with you guys and taking a hint??

If it's not "please leave me alone" or "i really want to see you" no matter how hard we try, you guys never seem to pick up on a hint.....

Is this down to just bad hint giving skills, or just an inability to recognise them???

Tell the guy what you want to say in full form not a hint...

We are not cytologists... (Well most are not)
And what would you do if a guy figured out the hint in a wrong/different way??
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Dr Pressure
speaking as a 20 year old virgin who has never kissed a girl before, i am unsure if i should make a move on a girl unless she gives obvious hints or tells me outright that she likes me.

i dont want to appear desperate or be slapped in the face for making a move if she didnt want me to. i stay on the side of caution and if i think she might or might not want me to make a move, i will wait until the signals are more obvious.

i wouldn't say just outright kiss a girl i get that, but if a girl is giving definite hints and signs she does like you, then an innocent peck on the cheek would be the way to go, it's a kinda go between of a hug and a full on kiss on the lips, and probably less likely to be received by a slap...

but it boils down to the fact use girls don't always want to have to say what we want, then it seems like we're nagging and it gets us nowhere.....
i hate hints. don't understand them at all. be blunt. if you want to play games go some go find someone who has time for it.
Reply 31
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
Like if we don't reply to your texts we aren't interested so stop texting!

then the next time we see you nag about how i never text you :confused:
Reply 32
Original post by dmz

think this is more about the "please leave me alone" bit more than anything else
I'm with the guys on this onw. Being cryptic never solves anything. Too much is open to interpretation. Say exactly what you mean. The guy I'm seeing has been very encouraging of me to say what I mean rather than infer. I must say it's reduced misunderstandings quite a lot.
Original post by dmz

Only if we always reply to your texts and you never reply
Reply 35
Original post by Drunk Punx
*shrugs* Personal preference comes into play a lot when subjects like this come up.

I'd rather a girl tell me that she's feeling horny as opposed to feeling bored if she means the same thing, for example. Boredom can be quelled by an endless list, horniness, however... :sexface:

haha :biggrin:
Reply 36
think this is more about the "please leave me alone" bit more than anything else

applies for that. Most girls don't know what they want, they'll hint something you go with it and it's not what they want
Original post by INeedToLoseWeight
Only if we always reply to your texts and you never reply

no i always reply. It's the same with phonecalls, her telling me i don't call her...while we were on the phone :colonhash:
Reply 37
Original post by Eveiebaby
I'm with the guys on this onw. Being cryptic never solves anything. Too much is open to interpretation. Say exactly what you mean. The guy I'm seeing has been very encouraging of me to say what I mean rather than infer. I must say it's reduced misunderstandings quite a lot.

but suppose they aren't cryptic???

for instance, when they know you have nothing to do, you know they're free and you mention A LOT well wouldn't it be nice to have some company.... how nice it'd be if we could meet up...

how much more obvious and uncryptic could it be??
Original post by dmz
applies for that. Most girls don't know what they want, they'll hint something you go with it and it's not what they want

no i always reply. It's the same with phonecalls, her telling me i don't call her...while we were on the phone :colonhash:

This concerns both of your statements; women confuse the hell out of me :sad:
Reply 39
Original post by Josh_Dey
Give us an example?

suppose this one example of many... not the best but it is one...

but suppose they aren't cryptic???

for instance, when they know you have nothing to do, you know they're free and you mention A LOT well wouldn't it be nice to have some company.... how nice it'd be if we could meet up...

how much more obvious and uncryptic could it be??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending