The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Poll

Are you resitting this unit?

Just under 2 moths now until the exam. Hows everyones revision going? Im not sitting this exam but ill thought it will be useful for everyone who has it.
I have attached the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers with their mark schemes for revision purposes!!! I ha to convert the BIOL2 JAN 11 QP in to a zip file as it was too large to be uploaded otherwise. The others can be found on the AQA website. Enjoy :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I was waiting for this thread. Erm so far, gone through the textbook but need to revise and do exam questions, that's all there is to do really.
Original post by cobra2k10
Just under 2 moths now until the exam. Hows everyones revision going? Im not sitting this exam but ill thought it will be useful for everyone who has it.
I have attached the June 2010 and January 2011 past papers with their mark schemes for revision purposes!!! I ha to convert the BIOL2 JAN 11 QP in to a zip file as it was too large to be uploaded otherwise. The others can be found on the AQA website. Enjoy :biggrin:

Thanks so much for this!:biggrin:

hey thank you soo much for this!!
I can't seem to open the zip folder for some reason ... it says its invalid/corrupted ....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by i_love_nerds
hey thank you soo much for this!!
I can't seem to open the zip folder for some reason ... it says its invalid/corrupted ....

Hi, first download 'Winrar' : http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Then retry, but save the file on your desktop and open with 'Winrar'. Let me know!
Reply 6
Continued... AQA AS Nelson Thornes Textbook BIOL2 Answers for Chapters 17 and the Unit 2 practice paper
I was waiting for this thread :colone:

Have some note babes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sunk9g8vdowk5ds

Mitosis - phases
Genetic Comparisons: DNA and proteins
Biodiversity
Antibiotics: mechanism +resistance
Starch, Glycogen, Cellulose
Haemoglobin (basic)
Courtship behaviour - why is it necessary?

Directly from NT aqa textbook, everything we need to know for those topics :smile:
Hi, first download 'Winrar' : http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR-32-bit/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Then retry, but save the file on your desktop and open with 'Winrar'. Let me know!

ahh this did not work either, I tried and it says that 'the archive is corrupt', the same message appeared on my friends laptop :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Ahh.. big love for this thread! :colondollar:

Although makes me think I should do some revision... but I suppose thats a good thing! :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by Circadian_Rhythm
I was waiting for this thread :colone:

Have some note babes:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sunk9g8vdowk5ds

Mitosis - phases
Genetic Comparisons: DNA and proteins
Biodiversity
Antibiotics: mechanism +resistance
Starch, Glycogen, Cellulose
Haemoglobin (basic)
Courtship behaviour - why is it necessary?

Directly from NT aqa textbook, everything we need to know for those topics :smile:

thank you very much! do you have physics one as well by any chance? or biology unit 1?
Original post by Jeffery93
thank you very much! do you have physics one as well by any chance? or biology unit 1?

Sorry, just wrote these myself a couple of days ago, and already done PHYA1 and BIOL1.
Reply 12
Original post by Jeffery93

Hiya, check my other threads on here for BIOL1 and PHYA1! :smile: May be of some help!
BIOL1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30695230&highlight=BIOL1
PHYA1: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30665301&highlight=phya1
Got the exam - wanted to resit my BIOL1 exam - got a low A - but the head of biology suggested that I resit it in Jan 2012 - at the time I'll be doing BIOL4 -.-

Revision for BIOL2 going well - still haven't completed the course yet - will have to cover Courtship behaviour all alone during the Easter holidays :mmm:
Reply 14
Original post by thegodofgod
Got the exam - wanted to resit my BIOL1 exam - got a low A - but the head of biology suggested that I resit it in Jan 2012 - at the time I'll be doing BIOL4 -.-

Revision for BIOL2 going well - still haven't completed the course yet - will have to cover Courtship behaviour all alone during the Easter holidays :mmm:

I go the same UMS (many people who got A's got just 80ums)... i resat it and went from an B to an A so I'm happy but I thought I did much better as it was an easy paper. :smile:
I go the same UMS (many people who got A's got just 80ums)... i resat it and went from an B to an A so I'm happy but I thought I did much better as it was an easy paper. :smile:

Same - when I came out of the exam I thought it was quite easy compared to past papers so thought either the UMS boundaries would be high, or that I'd get high UMS. Unfortunately it was the former. :frown:
Reply 16
can you upload the biol2 jan 2011 paper please
that one doesnt work D;
Reply 17
Original post by jh16
can you upload the biol2 jan 2011 paper please
that one doesnt work D;

Hi, a few people are saying they are having problems with that file. All you do is save it and then extract the saved file it to get the past paper. If not, private message me your email address so I can send the paper to you :smile:
Hey
Thanks, I've been wanted to mark this paper for while and it's always good to see which keywords the exam board is looking for!:smile:
Reply 19
hi, the paper wont upload, could anyone email it to me?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending