The Student Room Group

is it true that 9 fails with less than 55 minors added together = driving test pass??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by JoleonLescott
Is the OP in India?

no but im about to sit my 7th test in colchester tomorrow
Reply 41
Original post by shinytoy

Good Luck :smile:.Let us know how it goes.
Reply 42

how did it go?
Reply 43
Original post by Annie72
Good Luck :smile:.Let us know how it goes.

Original post by Jo2217
how did it go?

why did someone neg this?

anyway guys, thanks for your concern. my test got rescheduled, however i did pass on my 7th attempt yesterday. the examiner was too busy looking out the wondow and talking about how he couldnt wait to go home to watch cricket that he didnt notice i had mounted the kerb TWICE, and nearly hit into a lorry. he did mention the lorry at the end saying it was very close but that he would still pass me.

just goes to show, i did test nr 6 a week before and got 2Dangerous and 8M, this one i passed with 6M with no further lessons :smile:
Reply 44

anyway guys, thanks for your concern. my test got rescheduled, however i did pass on my 7th attempt yesterday. the examiner was too busy looking out the wondow and talking about how he couldnt wait to go home to watch cricket that he didnt notice i had mounted the kerb TWICE, and nearly hit into a lorry. he did mention the lorry at the end saying it was very close but that he would still pass me.

just goes to show, i did test nr 6 a week before and got 2Dangerous and 8M, this one i passed with 6M with no further lessons :smile:

Must have been your lucky day!.I failed my last test because I mounted the kerb and that was one of those dropped ones.Now all you have to worr about is buying a car and affording the insurance.
Reply 45
Original post by Annie72
Must have been your lucky day!.I failed my last test because I mounted the kerb and that was one of those dropped ones.Now all you have to worr about is buying a car and affording the insurance.

the kerbs i mounted werent dropped kerbs, they were proper ones :eek:
but i had to parallell park next to a drop kerb which was a pain.
Reply 46
isn't the driving test less than an hour? and you mounted a full curb twice and almost hit a lorry :| ... thats got to be one terrible examiner

There is a 2 week wait between tests (minimum). And isn't there something like if you get a dangerous fault, the test gets ended early? (May be making the second bit up)
Reply 48
Hmmm is it just me or have driving standards deteriorated of late?

I thought your wheels just touching the kerb was enough to get you the fail... *calls up someone at Colchester*
Original post by Iorek

I thought your wheels just touching the kerb was enough to get you the fail... *calls up someone at Colchester*

It was in my test, 1.5y ago. You might get away with it if you touched the kerb VERY softly and the examiner didn't notice, but any kind of bump and you failed.
Reply 50
Original post by rmhumphries
It was in my test, 1.5y ago. You might get away with it if you touched the kerb VERY softly and the examiner didn't notice, but any kind of bump and you failed.

Interesting, recently I was told by my fleet controller who used to work for the DVLA that your sidewalls touching the kerb even if it is softly was very bad driving practice as it damages the sidewall and also would lead to a bubble.

Weird was told touching the kerb especially when you park or do a 3-point turn would most certainly lead to a fail.
Reply 51
Try it.
Original post by Iorek
Interesting, recently I was told by my fleet controller who used to work for the DVLA that your sidewalls touching the kerb even if it is softly was very bad driving practice as it damages the sidewall and also would lead to a bubble.

Weird was told touching the kerb especially when you park or do a 3-point turn would most certainly lead to a fail.

My instructor always told me that any touching of the kerb would be an automatic major, but I'm almost certain that I scraped the kerb when I parked during my test. I assumed that I got away with it because my maneuvers had been good, so he was just being a bit more lenient.
Reply 53
Two of my friends failed for bumping the curb. I couldn't help but laugh - it does actually damage your wheels quite badly if you do it too much, but on some of the horribly narrow roads round me it was a bit harsh on them. This was over a year ago though so I don't know if the new test is more lenient.
Original post by Iorek

Original post by Persephone9
My instructor always told me that any touching of the kerb would be an automatic major, but I'm almost certain that I scraped the kerb when I parked during my test. I assumed that I got away with it because my maneuvers had been good, so he was just being a bit more lenient.

Yeah, I believe it comes down to the discretion of the examiner, so it is best just not to do it.
Reply 55
no i tried googling for it but i cant find it again. It was someone just posted a response saying "if you fail 9 times but have less than 55 minors (averaging 6 in each) you pass automatically" but i culdnt find it on dsa website??

Because it isn't true!!!!!!!! :facepalm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 56

well done :smile: now you can go on 'The Ultimate I passed my driving test thread' lol
if I had any rep I'd give you some lol
Reply 57
There is a 2 week wait between tests (minimum). And isn't there something like if you get a dangerous fault, the test gets ended early? (May be making the second bit up)
yeah but if you book a test 10days after, the system lets you move it to an earlier cancellation so the wait isnt enforced. And no it doesnt end the test if you get a d. I got d's in 3 of my tests and only 1 was stopped and the guy said, you failed do you want to continue.
Yeah, I believe it comes down to the discretion of the examiner, so it is best just not to do it.
this. I would know seeing as i did it twice and didnt fail. Also my mate hit kerb on left reverse but had no majors so he said he would overlook it and pass her
Reply 58
Original post by Persephone9

thats what both my instructors told me, including the guy at BSM

definately not true.

for my friend (Colchester TC) she hit the kerb on left reverse but as that was the ONLY major they passed her. for me (Brentwood TC, but also same at Ipsich TC) , i hit the kerb twice and didnt fail. however my instructors kept saying as soon as you touch the kerb IN A MANOEVER you will fail. Bsm said that if you hot the kerb in general driving it may be a fail, or else you get a minor for control if its not bad.

i think the examiners have discretion on this and as long as there are no other majors adn the rest of the test is god you may still pass

Original post by Iorek

standard judging from my test are bad.

definately not true re your other point.

Quick Reply

Latest