The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aja89
I'm still in the midst of this current Maggie Smith obsession. And from what I've seen so far, 99% of her film career has consisted of giving brilliant performances in mediocre films.

The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie was as close as she ever got (so far) to a 'great' film, and that is most certainly not without it's faults. It saddens me!

Also, I read somewhere she's set to be in a film called The Hunter set for a 2012 release. The only other piece of information was that it's based on a comic. You boys seem to be up on your comics and stuff, any knowledge?

Oh it's not 'The hunger games' out next year is it? I know that's a fairly well known novel, Josh Hutcherson got confirmed for that today but yeah the cast for that is shaping up pretty well
Original post by Phalanges
I'm not sure I follow...

Have you read his short story, Guts? If not, here's a link: http://chuckpalahniuk.net/features/shorts/guts
Reply 762
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Oh it's not 'The hunger games' out next year is it? I know that's a fairly well known novel, Josh Hutcherson got confirmed for that today but yeah the cast for that is shaping up pretty well

Definitely called 'The Hunter'. Wikipedia says it's in development.

I found what it's based on! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunter_(comics)
Somebody is creating dupe accounts over and over so they can neg me for the same post in Film. :teehee: Mods are on the case.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Somebody is creating dupe accounts over and over so they can neg me for the same post in Film. :teehee: Mods are on the case.

Which post? :tongue:
Original post by cambo211
Which post? :tongue:

I went to edit to add in a part lol'ing about the user creating dupes to neg me, but accidentally deleted. A bit suspicious when you get negged for the same post on page 2 by two members who signed up today and have 0 posts.

Anyways, in other news, i09 championship tonight. :colone:
I went to edit to add in a part lol'ing about the user creating dupes to neg me, but accidentally deleted. A bit suspicious when you get negged for the same post on page 2 by two members who signed up today and have 0 posts.

Anyways, in other news, i09 championship tonight. :colone:

If Serenity wins... :rant:
And again. WTF :colonhash: give it a rest.

There's nothing preventing you naming the users :colone:

Edit: i'm faster than your edit and therefore missed you putting in the user there.
If Serenity wins... :rant:

Don't curse it. :nooo:

There's nothing preventing you naming the users :colone:

Edit: i'm faster than your edit and therefore missed you putting in the user there.

Too fast. :colone:

Definitely the same person. Just need to check the time of the reps, join date, postcount and last activity (each conveniently offline while the most recent one is online). Should become a detective. :holmes:
(edited 13 years ago)

That's some commitment. Be afraid, someone's out to get you! :colone:
Original post by The Stig
That's some commitment. Be afraid, someone's out to get you! :colone:

Mods are never going to reveal who it is. :colonhash:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by aja89
Definitely called 'The Hunter'. Wikipedia says it's in development.

I found what it's based on! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunter_(comics)

Oh right cool. Misread your post, thought it was called 'The hunger' :rolleyes: seems interesting though

Definitely the same person. Just need to check the time of the reps, join date, postcount and last activity (each conveniently offline while the most recent one is online). Should become a detective. :holmes:

All the usernames consist of two words, both starting with a capital letter :holmes: :tongue:

It's unbelievably pathetic (But then, so is caring about 0 reps). Mods are never going to reveal who it is.

But

Spoiler

aha that's a plan! It's got to be someone new as anyone who's been on here for a while would know that rep given from new accounts have absolutely no effect on other users.
In the mood to re-watch Fantastic Mr Fox (2009).

Original post by The Stig
All the usernames consist of two words, both starting with a capital letter :holmes: :tongue:

aha that's a plan! It's got to be someone new as anyone who's been on here for a while would know that rep given from new accounts have absolutely no effect on other users.

Your skills of observation are unparalleled. :holmes: I shall call you Watson, and you shall be my sidekick. :awesome:
Your skills of observation are unparalleled. :holmes: I shall call you Watson, and you shall be my sidekick. :awesome:

I thought we had something after we solved the case of the original annoying subber duper :emo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Interesting new review in the Review Thread, if you guys want to check it out. Gave Social Network a 4/10. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30695711&postcount=837
Interesting new review in the Review Thread, if you guys want to check it out. Gave Social Network a 4/10. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=30695711&postcount=837

I'm too ill to form a coherent argument against him.
I thought we had something after we solved the case of the original annoying duper :emo:

No worries, man. In a twist that no one seen coming, The Stig gets killed off by Jonny/Smirnoff in the series finale, paving the way for you to make your entrance into the world of solving cases. :holmes:
No worries, man. In a twist that no one seen coming, The Stig gets killed off by Jonny/Smirnoff in the series finale, paving the way for you to make your entrance into the world of solving cases. :holmes:

:zomg:

I knew there was more to that guy than met the eye...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending