The Student Room Group

Boyfriend thinks of other girls while having sex with me

It makes me feel really crap and upset. Yes, he did actually tell me this.

Is it normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow, never heard of it before and a pretty nasty thing for him to say to you.
I know someone who broke up with their boyfriend because of it. He's also a little bit crazy though.
I think I would as well, it's cruel.
Reply 3
Tell him that you also think of some other guy while he is touching you, and see how he feels :cool:.
Reply 4
It's normal that she thinks of other girls (i.e. celebrities,) but it's weird that he told you that.
Original post by Anonymous
Nope, have you asked him why he thinks that is?
I used to think about my other half doing things with other guys all the time, I think a lot of that had to do with my first relationship, where my girlfriend then told me her fantasises about doing things with other guys.

You guys are weird.
Reply 6
Hmmm wouldnt say thats normal and probably a sign of other things wrong in your relationship
Reply 7
Just break up with him if he's gonna be a dick.
Reply 8
LAD!
Reply 9
It's normal that he thinks about other girls, it's not normal that he told you.
Reply 10
How long have you been going out?

As a relationship matures, it is actually natural to start thinking about other people whilst you're having sex. It happens as the early excitement starts to dissappear as your feelings for each other evolve but that happens in ALL relationships.

It is weird he told you this but it is very common, try not to be too upset. There is a lot of stuff about this that you can read as to why people do it.
Is it like Katy Perry and Rihanna and stuff?

Or like Susie, Jade, and Rebecca Black from primary school?
Instant dump.
I'm fairly sure most guys would do that. Bit unusual of him to tell you, but what would you expect? I'm sure at some point you will think about other men when having sex with him.
It's evil that he told you.. you need to let him know how you feel! or better still, if I was in your position, DUMP!
Hate to say it but i think it's pretty common. Probably more so in guys having sex than girls having sex.

I'll admit that a couple of times i've probably thought of someone else but not commonly :-s

Tbh from my point of view the worst bit is that he told you this. A pretty crappy thing to do in anyones book.

I think if i was sleeping/dating another woman and she told me this i probably would consider ending it with her, but i think that might just me being over-sensitive. I do think you should probably talk to him about this and about how you feel though, if he's insensitive enough to tell you this then you are probably going to get hurt in a similar fashion again in the future.
Reply 16
Could have sworn I saw another thread a short while ago where some guy admitted he pictured other girls while sleeping with his gf. :curious:
Reply 17
Tell him you fantasise about his best mate :colonhash:
Reply 18
I am sure it is normal for most guys to think of other girls when they see them etc, but to think of other girls while having sex... fundamental flaw in the relationship I would say!
Just randomly call out some other guys name, and when he asks just say it was "this other guy....."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending