The Student Room Group

I always though EDL was against Islam?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
EDL's against anyone who isn't white.
Reply 21
Original post by Straight up G
It doesn't exactly not promote it. Many Pakistanis are very nationalistic and yet very muslim at the same time. It does say Islam should come first, and if it does, that's fine. A lot of Pakistani Muslims confuse culture and religion, so that's a factor too I guess.

In Islam everyone is equal so nationalism really is irrelevant.
Original post by Pukhtun
I'm gonna stand up for my religion...by banning mosques!

As I am none of the things in your sig, I felt obliged to click :u:
Original post by x-friends
EDL's against anyone who isn't white.

I wonder what their take on MJ was then...? Hmmmmm...
Reply 24
Original post by Le Masquerador.
As I am none of the things in your sig, I felt obliged to click :u:

Really?

Post there! I want to get a soc going :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Van Grall
Against "Militant" islam, not against them all in general. muslims can be against militancy also, as it can take many forms, but too many are scared of the repurcussions in their segregated communities, and are blinded by their belief that they are right to the fact that extremism is wrong, no matter what the form.

Isn't one of their policies to ban the building of mosques, so if the guy is Muslim why does he want to ban the building of mosques. Doesn't make sense to me.
Original post by SAK.A
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12374835

Thousands of supporters of the English Defence League (EDL) demonstrated in Luton on Saturday in a massive rally against "militant Islam".

Police kept them apart from a counter-demonstration by anti-racism campaigners.

The EDL's supporters included Abdul Salaam, a Glasgow man who says he is a Muslim and argues that more Muslims should take the same stand.

Community leaders in Luton condemned the EDL's demonstration and said the town had stood together against attempts to divide them.

I mean the EDL are demonstrating against Islam and the guy being interviewed is a muslim, what is he doing protesting against himself.
:rolleyes:

You will find one Asian (wannabe chav) who is thick and joins.

And, he himself is a bigot as well- he really seem quite absurd in many way.
Reply 27
Original post by MathematicsKiller
I wonder what their take on MJ was then...? Hmmmmm...

They don't like him.
Reply 28
If the EDL just stuck to what they started at, which was counter protesting the Jihadists, then very few people would have a problem with them. The UAF would never have set their sights on them, because the UAF are not exactly going to protest alongside Anjem Choudhary are they?

The problems all started when the Jihadists stopped picketing soldiers funerals, and the EDL were left with nothing to do on a Sunday, so they started having big marches through Muslim areas etc.

It's a good thing that the EDL stopped soldiers funerals/homecomings from being picketed by extremists, but they should have faded away once they were successful, instead of reforming into something stupid, incoherant and divisive.
No they're against 'Muslamics' and their ray guns
This is actually kind of funny. This guy has joined up with a bunch of people who think that anyone who isn't a)a chav and b)white is sub-human. Their leader is a man who's so deluded that it actually hurts (he thinks that the "Aryan race" are the only ones who should dwell/be in charge of Britain.) and who probably wouldn't spit on him if the fires of hell were at his heels... :rolleyes:

As a Muslim who constantly has ninja and terrorist comments thrown at her, I understand the need to publicly condemn milltant Islam but this guy's going about it the wrong way, hanging out with modern day Nazis is NOT a good way to further your cause...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Le Masquerador.
Being against militant Islam is just their cover, pretty much everyone who has seen an EDL demonstration knows that they have zero tolerance for Islam of any kind. And the Muslims in the EDL who do not understand this are absolute fools. I saw one of the protests in which they dragged out some Muslim Asian guy called 'Mohammed' who they all proceeded to declare their 'mate'. It was really quite sickening when you knew the only reason was to show that, really, despite everything, they're not raging fascists.

As for defending ones religion against extremists, I'm all for that, but jumping onto the EDL bandwagon isn't going to clear the mud of Islam - you would have to be even more stupid than the actual EDL members to believe that. It doesn't help that most of them have about as many brain cells as a rock either.

before you suggest that militant islam is "just their cover" and that they "are a bunch of raging fascists" who "dragged out some asian guy", why don't you stop watching BBC news and start listening to the muslims who are members, such as the guy in the video.

So you're saying you would have to be more than stupid to have an opinion different to yours and believe that what the muslim guy said in the video is actually very reasonable and incredibly down to earth. Then I'm more than stupid, as with alot of other people :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by mathperson
before you suggest that militant islam is "just their cover" and that they "are a bunch of raging fascists" who "dragged out some asian guy", why don't you stop watching BBC news and start listening to the muslims who are members, such as the guy in the video.

So you're saying you would have to be more than stupid to have an opinion different to yours and believe that what the muslim guy said in the video is actually very reasonable and incredibly down to earth. Then I'm more than stupid, as with alot of other people :smile:

EDL don't want mosques to be built. Isn't it pretty stupid for a Muslim who should be visiting the mosque 5 times a day to be protesting against the building of mosques?
Original post by SAK.A
EDL don't want mosques to be built. Isn't it pretty stupid for a Muslim who should be visiting the mosque 5 times a day to be protesting against the building of mosques?

I don't think the government should be paying for the building of any religious places of worship. Do you think that churches, cathedrals and mosques should be built in equal number?
Reply 34
I don't think the government should be paying for the building of any religious places of worship. Do you think that churches, cathedrals and mosques should be built in equal number?

Well it depends on how big the religion is, like say there is a village consisting of 100 people, 90 are Christians and 10 are Muslims. Then it would make sense to build more churches than mosques. If there are the same number of Muslims and Christians then equal amounts should be made but then again Christians are not supposed to attend churches five times a day.
The government should pay for the building of the place of worship, the amount should be relative to how many people and how often, and with what purpose they are built.
Original post by SAK.A

Thousands of supporters of the English Defence League (EDL) demonstrated in Luton on Saturday in a massive rally against "militant Islam".

The EDL's supporters included Abdul Salaam, a Glasgow man who says he is a Muslim and argues that more Muslims should take the same stand.

Community leaders in Luton condemned the EDL's demonstration and said the town had stood together against attempts to divide them.

I mean the EDL are demonstrating against Islam and the guy being interviewed is a muslim, what is he doing protesting against himself.

He's an emo? :colondollar:
I always thought they were the BNP's more thuggish footsoldiers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M&feature=player_embedded
Original post by SAK.A

Horrible thick ****.

(edited 13 years ago)
"they aren't racist they just support their country"

"extremists have dragged Islam through the mud, and I'm here to stand up against them for my religion".

Good man, the only muslim I've seen stand up against people killing others in the name of his religion, and supporting others doing the same, rather than criticising people for standing up and saying murder is wrong - I salute you.

Almost every Muslim is against terrorism and condemns it- doesn't mean they all have to stand up and yell it from the roof tops. It's the same for almost every group (and has been throughout history)- they condemn the extremist minority but very rarely go on a march against them or ignite a civil war or whatever you want us to do.
I knew it was going to have something to do with that 'Abdul' before I even opened this thread.

He's an absolute idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending