The Student Room Group

Guys: Taking a hint...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmi_lou
ouch :/

in the girl's defense i don't recall her ever saying or "hinting" that she was desirable nor irresistable

I didn't! Nor would I. It's just from his response to us sleepIng together and making out etc surely he would like me? And from this know I like him too?
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't! Nor would I. It's just from his response to us sleepIng together and making out etc surely he would like me? And from this know I like him too?

i agree it does sound like he likes you if you make out and have slept together or what not...... i knwo someone earlier in the thread that girls are confusing, but sometimes i think the same could be said for guys too :s-smilie:
well i wasn't exactly asking for the earth's male population's opinion or replies just maybe other people's ideas on the subject...

Oh and thanks for calling me a troll, so lovely when i was just curious about something, like you've never been curios in your life... :eek:

P.S. I haven't actually personally, verbally attacked anyone on here

no just your ex boyfriend who called you a dog and gave you the elbow or something..
Reply 83
this is my problem, i don't wanna make soo much effort it gets annoying so hope by dropping hints he'll make an effort to suggest things

You know, men suck at reading hints it's true, but then we also see the hints but aren't overly sure on the meaning so try to play it safe until we get something more concrete. It's just easier to be up front and honest about it all.

Incidentally, if this boy's not your boyfriend, in which case he needs to make more of an effort, how do you know he's not sending you a hint?
Reply 84
Original post by siwelmail
no just your ex boyfriend who called you a dog and gave you the elbow or something..

been called one or two things in my life but never a dog :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by Hylean
You know, men suck at reading hints it's true, but then we also see the hints but aren't overly sure on the meaning so try to play it safe until we get something more concrete. It's just easier to be up front and honest about it all.

Incidentally, if this boy's not your boyfriend, in which case he needs to make more of an effort, how do you know he's not sending you a hint?

you're right he's not my boyfriend, and i suppose you mean by him not suggesting things he's hinting he's not interested???

this could very well be true, but everything else he says compound that fact so i suppose you could i'm a little confused byt he situation and am in limbo about what's going on..
been called one or two things in my life but never a dog :biggrin:

Must be a pretty girl :P
Reply 87
you're right he's not my boyfriend, and i suppose you mean by him not suggesting things he's hinting he's not interested???

this could very well be true, but everything else he says compound that fact so i suppose you could i'm a little confused byt he situation and am in limbo about what's going on..

Welcome to our world when you rely on hints.
Reply 88
Original post by siwelmail
Must be a pretty girl :P

haha that's all based on one's personal opinons, but being a typical girl i wouldn't say so myself :tongue:
Reply 89
Original post by Hylean
Welcome to our world when you rely on hints.

haha way to turn it back on myself :colondollar:
sometimes easier said than done when you want the other person to make an effort too so hint hoping they'll get the message and take action....

Why don't you just take the action though?
Reply 91
I'm fairly oblivious, as I don't indulge in fantasies, whereas some girls I know do. Thus, hints must be quite obvious for them to have any effect. (Didn't realise a girl liked me until something nice happened :wink: )
Reply 92
Original post by CB91
Why don't you just take the action though?

because i have done before now, and i don't want to be the annoying nag suggesting we meet up.... :colondollar:
Reply 93
haha way to turn it back on myself :colondollar:

Heh, I hope it's not the reason he's acting the way he is, but it's nice to see you can now understand how we feel when we think we are getting hints, but aren't sure and want something a bit more definite. Don't forget, the man is nearly always expected to make the moves, which means we like to be pretty sure, or pretty damn confident, before we do anything. We spend our romantic lives navigating such hints and getting highly pissed off by them. Hence the old argument of:

"You men never understand us women!"
"That's because you women never tell us what you are thinking!"

Personally, I'm in an annoying situation which involves hints and most of it's cause I don't have the balls to go up and talk to the girl in English cause I have a hang-up of talking to Icelanders in English when I speak their language, but I'm rather shy, especially when speaking Icelandic, so. She's smiled at me, we've poked each other on facebook, but nyah, it's all hints and vagueness and just ugh.
Reply 94
Original post by Hylean
Heh, I hope it's not the reason he's acting the way he is, but it's nice to see you can now understand how we feel when we think we are getting hints, but aren't sure and want something a bit more definite. Don't forget, the man is nearly always expected to make the moves, which means we like to be pretty sure, or pretty damn confident, before we do anything. We spend our romantic lives navigating such hints and getting highly pissed off by them. Hence the old argument of:

"You men never understand us women!"
"That's because you women never tell us what you are thinking!"

Personally, I'm in an annoying situation which involves hints and most of it's cause I don't have the balls to go up and talk to the girl in English cause I have a hang-up of talking to Icelanders in English when I speak their language, but I'm rather shy, especially when speaking Icelandic, so. She's smiled at me, we've poked each other on facebook, but nyah, it's all hints and vagueness and just ugh.

sounds bad :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
Sometimes we don't always want to be the ones to suggest going out, or doing something though, start to feel a bit of a pest after a while....

for instance meeting up, it'd be nice if sometimes they took it upon themselves to ask if you fancy meeting up instead of always being the one to suggest it...

There's a solution to this: stop asking if they fancy meeting up. If they want to meet up, they'll ask you. If they never ask you, then you'll know that they just aren't bothered about seeing you. And you can stop wasting your time.
Reply 96
sounds bad :s-smilie:

Nyah, not really.
Reply 97
Original post by Hylean
Nyah, not really.

that's alright then lol
Reply 98
If a girl wants to get a hint through to me, they need to write it on a brick and chuck it at my head.

At the very least.
Reply 99
Original post by ChrisJ!
If a girl wants to get a hint through to me, they need to write it on a brick and chuck it at my head.

At the very least.

that seems to be the general consenus to be honest, guys just can't take hints

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending