The Student Room Group

firm and insurance Q! help please!

HI GUYS! i just have a question please answer! basically you know when u have already firmed your choice and insurance, and if say for some reason you change your mind and actually want to go the uni u have put down as ur insurance, are you able to then kinda reject the firm and choose the insurance? even when u get the grades for ur firm? is it possible to do that? will you like have to call up the unis to change it before results day? or once its through then thats it?
Reply 1
I would really like to know the answer for this one......on the same boat as you!
Reply 2
Original post by CoolDude

I would really like to know the answer for this one......on the same boat as you!

yea! lol i really need to know!
Original post by inspiration
HI GUYS! i just have a question please answer! basically you know when u have already firmed your choice and insurance, and if say for some reason you change your mind and actually want to go the uni u have put down as ur insurance, are you able to then kinda reject the firm and choose the insurance? even when u get the grades for ur firm? is it possible to do that? will you like have to call up the unis to change it before results day? or once its through then thats it?

if on the results day u meet the grades for ur firm uni...ur insurance uni will "reject" you.On ucas track it will say...unconditional firm.Now if at that point u want to go to ur insurance uni..u would have to decline ur firm choice and go through clearing.This is only possible if that uni has still got places.Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by goodboy4444

if on the results day u meet the grades for ur firm uni...ur insurance uni will "reject" you.On ucas track it will say...unconditional firm.Now if at that point u want to go to ur insurance uni..u would have to decline ur firm choice and go through clearing.This is only possible if that uni has still got places.Good luck :smile:

o okaiii! thank you soo much for your reply :smile: good luck to u too with whatever your doing and your future

Before a week before results day, it's quite easy - you get your firm to reject you and then your insurance becomes your firm.

However, no uni speaks to you in the week before results day and then, come results day and assuming you got the grades for your firm, your insurance will have been informed you don't need their place. It is possible to get them to accept you through Clearing, but they may not be willing to.
Reply 6

You can change your replies within 14 days of submitting them without any trouble by contacting UCAS. However, after that, you'll be forced to go to your
firm choice because your insurance will reject you immediately, and you will have to go through clearing if you want to reapply for your insurance university.

Good Luck :smile:
Original post by patrick101
You can change your replies within 14 days of submitting them without any trouble by contacting UCAS. However, after that, you'll be forced to go to your
firm choice
because your insurance will reject you immediately, and you will have to go through clearing if you want to reapply for your insurance university.

Good Luck :smile:

Not necessarily. For a start, you can choose to go to neither. And, as I explained above, you can get your firm to reject you before results day, which will make your insurance your firm (and have no insurance.)
Reply 8

Oh wow! Could you please tell me when the results day is....I have no clue! I am from Canada!
Reply 9
Oh wow! Could you please tell me when the results day is....I have no clue! I am from Canada!

A Level results day is the 18th August this year :smile:
Reply 10
I've got a firm and insurance question too,

Basically going to do management/marketing and Aston is my firm, but i can't decide between city and reading as my insurance

City:
placement year, great rep but i don't get to live on campus (cauz i live in London)

Reading:
placement year, great rep (Henley business school) and i do get to live on campus

Thing is I've visited City which is oKish, but i haven't visited Reading and i don't have much time to.

Anyone been to Reading Uni? (which do you think will be better for marketing) suggestions please
Reply 11
Original post by schnapster

Original post by schnapster
A Level results day is the 18th August this year :smile:

Oh ok. thank you schnapster :smile:!
Reply 12
Original post by TheSownRose

Original post by TheSownRose
Not necessarily. For a start, you can choose to go to neither. And, as I explained above, you can get your firm to reject you before results day, which will make your insurance your firm (and have no insurance.)

o i ddnt know that! thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending