The Student Room Group

What do you think is the sexiest accent?

For me:

Northern british Accents: Cute

Southern british Accent: Sexy

What do you think?

Everyone in England always think im american... :confused: Nothing against americans, but it seems like no one finds the american one sexy...

Whats your fave british accent?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I find the Liverpudlian accent pretty sexy (on girls).
Reply 2
Whatever mine is :u:
Reply 3
The Danish accent does sound mildly American imo.

I find Welsh accents the most attractive UK accent.
Reply 4
London :london:

And no, American accent is in no way sexy to me either
Reply 5
Original post by Lilyful
London :london:

And no, American accent is in no way sexy to me either

By London do you mean the generic 'street ghetto' speak where evr1 is like propa gangsta? Ya get me?
Reply 6
Original post by Wilberforce
By London do you mean the generic 'street ghetto' speak where evr1 is like propa gangsta? Ya get me?
Na I mean....nice London boys, like...East but at uni, so to speak.... :tongue: Does it for me :wink:
Ireland <3 Gerrard Butler<3 Emmett Scanlan<3!!
Original post by Roxannabelle
Ireland <3 Gerrard Butler<3

Gerard Butler isn't Irish...he's Scottish :p: but I'm guessing you liked his Irish accent in "P.S. I love you".

I think the Geordie accent is quite sexy on a guy :love: I really like foreign accents aswell, especially the Spanish accent :smile:

Although I wouldn't describe it as "sexy", I really like the American and Canadian accents (apart from that horrible drawl in the southern states!) :wink:
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Gerard Butler isn't Irish...he's Scottish :p: but I'm guessing you liked his Irish accent in "P.S. I love you".

Oh **** me you got me. I didnt know that :wink: but yes, hes lovely in P.S I love you. I only watched it the other night for the first time...
Original post by Roxannabelle
Oh **** me you got me. I didnt know that :wink: but yes, hes lovely in P.S I love you. I only watched it the other night for the first time...

Haha :lol: Yeah, I agree he had a nice accent in that film...only watched it once too! :smile: Seriously though, Emmett Scanlan?? I like the Irish accents but just don't find his sexy...maybe its because I don't find him sexy! :dontknow: :p:
I usually find girls with Scottish accents quite annoying :mad:
Haha :lol: Yeah, I agree he had a nice accent in that film...only watched it once too! :smile: Seriously though, Emmett Scanlan?? I like the Irish accents but just don't find his sexy...maybe its because I don't find him sexy! :dontknow: :p:

Fwooooooarrrrrrrrrrrrr I do :colone:
I usually find girls with Scottish accents quite annoying :mad:

Thanks for that! :p: There are many Scottish accents though (just as there is anywhere else) which sound differently. Any particular one which you find annoying?

The only Scottish accent I find so irritating is the Fife (East Scotland) accent - "Aye, a dinnae ken like!" :mad:
Thanks for that! :p: There are many Scottish accents though (just as there is anywhere else) which sound differently. Any particular one which you find annoying?

The only Scottish accent I find so irritating is the Fife (East Scotland) accent - "Aye, a dinnae ken like!" :mad:

All Scotts people sound alike to me. A very cold, dreary accent that lacks any emotion - just a dull, tedious noise devoid of any feeling or love at all. I always feel worse after listening to a scotts person as their voices are so darn depressing. The female Scottish accent is even worse as it's just a high pitched version of it, and it just annoys the hell out of me.
All Scotts people sound alike to me. A very cold, dreary accent that lacks any emotion - just a dull, tedious noise devoid of any feeling or love at all. I always feel worse after listening to a scotts person as their voices are so darn depressing. The female Scottish accent is even worse as it's just a high pitched version of it, and it just annoys the hell out of me.

Jeez...you seriously hate our accent! :angry: Btw, what accent do you have?
Jeez...you seriously hate our accent! :angry: Btw, what accent do you have?

I don't have an accent.
I don't have an accent.

Yes you do.
Original post by TheDanishAlmond
Yes you do.

Errr, I'm pretty sure I don't.
Probably cheating a bit but I love it when people from other countries have picked up a British accent.

Quick Reply