The Student Room Group

What do guys want from a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enzokj01
i'll go on ahead and be the sensible one instead of trolling.
Some guys (myself included) just want a stable relationship with a girl that will love them and not **** them around.

AHAHAHAHA, good one mate.
Nah seriously samiches and sex, thats about the size of it.
Reply 21
Generally we're just using you as a stepping stone to your mum.
Honestly, someone I'd never get bored of spending time with. Someone who's intelligent enough to be able to talk to me about something interesting, someone with similar interests so we could listen to music and go to gigs and see films, someone whos funny and gets on with my friends, and someone who's willing to be adventurous and have fun. That's it on a personal scale. Obviously, they have to be reasonably attractive too, and I imagine sex is pretty important (not that I've had enough experience to know how important), but just generally... someone I really like to be around..
Reply 23
Original post by johndoranglasgow
AHAHAHAHA, good one mate.
Nah seriously samiches and sex, thats about the size of it.

I'd love to see which type of girl you attract in life then. Surely she must love sammiches as much as you. That might make sex a chore for you.
:biggrin:
Reply 24
instant coffee
Original post by blisssy

It depends from guy to guy

I want a romantic girl who will love me and give me the respect, affection, loyalty, and love that I crave.
I will give her the same back, and I will stand by her at all times, be there for her successes, support her in difficult times. I want her to be there and do the same for me.

I want an intelligent, intellectual woman who i can have interesting conversations with and have a deep romantic bond.

How about you, op?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Alpharius
Sex.

Failing that, Cookies!

Yet another guy trying to look good to the girls in TSR. Stop ****ting everyone. :biggrin:

Not... really.... If i was trying to look good, i'd be saying i had a fabulous array of money, good looks and style.

When i'm just a rather weird, introverted, long haired metaller.
>.> Some people aren't *******s, tbh. :smile:
I do, however, like the idea of cookies.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by enzokj01
Not... really.... If i was trying to look good, i'd be saying i had a fabulous array of money, good looks and style.

When i'm just a rather weird, introverted, long haired metaller.
>.> Some people aren't *******s, tbh. :smile:
I do, however, like the idea of cookies.

Of course you do, who doesn't? :tongue:
Reply 28
Original post by Alpharius
Of course you do, who doesn't? :tongue:

Douchebags... and.... Weird people.
Who else? LOL
Reply 29
Someone intelligent and funny. Good taste in music and politics are a bonus, as are nice looks and self-confidence. :smile:
Same thing as a girl does I guess :s a loving partner worth deicating at least part of my life to. ATM I've got one I'm planning on dedicating the rest of my life to. Someone who pushes your own personal buttons, who you can't get bored of, someone you're infatuated with an can't imagine life without and you know will be there for you through everything and anything...

And, inevitably, makes a good sammich.
Fun. This really is the perfect way to describe what I want from a relationship.
A girl that I look forward to seeing because I know I will have a great time with her (not just sex, obviously).

P.S.: it'd be awesome if she could make really tasty sandwiches but it's not mandatory.
the only answers you're going to get are sex and food, tbh, or variations of!
just depends on the guy i suppose :P

i was once hanging out with my bf and another best guy friend in halls, and they jokingly told me to get in the kitchen and make them a sandwich...so i pretended to storm off in a strop, then went into the kitchen and made them toasted bacon sandwiches with their favourite sauce each, bacon done to how i know they like it, since i knew there was bacon that was due to go out of date the next day XD
Everyone wants love at the end of the day
Original post by moaty...it's gazza
A girl that isn't border-line being sectioned mental. Sounds easy enough but in real life it's like finding a needle in a stack of needles.

That metaphor doesn't really work...
Trust, honesty and a bit of love and care wouldn't go a miss every now and again :frown:
Original post by Callum828
That metaphor doesn't really work...

It's from a film, can't remember which one.

It does work but it means looking for a particular needle in a stack of needles; not just any needle in the stack.

Edit: It's from Saving Private Ryan
(edited 13 years ago)
Ambitions, voluptuous idiosyncrasies, selflessness, flaws.
Regular sex, with minimal effort.

That's about it really. You cannot fathom the immensity of the s*** that I do not give about all that romantic crap.
Reply 39
I would like companionship, someone to talk and relate to, someone who isn't bothered about sex because it's not the be all and end all of a relationship. A girl who won't be selfish and will have an emotional dimension to her personality which I can relate to. But now that I've said all that, I'm uncool in the eyes of cyber TSR and will undoubtly get neg repped. Worst comes to worst, I'll get a TSR warning like I always do for unintentionally being offensive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending