The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Callum828
Apparently whenever Warwick play Coventry at hockey all the guys and girls have a bunch of chants for them.

My personal favourite:

'Give me an E' 'E'
'Give me a D' 'D'
'Give me an F' 'F'
'What have you got?'
All: YOUR A LEVEL RESULTS!!!!1!

I swear you cant get F at a-level?:confused:
Reply 121
Original post by RobertWhite
I prefer to call it a typo :biggrin:

Sure thing :smile:
Reply 122
I think we have 'rivalry' but really it's all in the name of banter and people don't take it too seriously. We Warwickers know we go to a better uni than the Cov lot anyway :wink: And in fairness I've met more Cov boys on nights out than Warwick boys, and they've made a better first impression...even if one of them did do some kind of sport degree!

At Sheffield it was a lot more serious I think. Even then though, it's banter.
Reply 123
Oxbridge is laden with supremacists.
Reply 124
In the case of Nottingham;

T-R-E-N-T. You're gonna get a **** degree.
Reply 125
Original post by MJHERBZ
In the case of Nottingham;

T-R-E-N-T. You're gonna get a **** degree.

The relationship between Nottingham and Trent seems really volatile :battle:
I haven't started yet but I believe UCL students refer to kings as Strand poly.
Original post by Boo!xx
I swear you cant get F at a-level?:confused:

You can't. That's probably not what he told me specifically. I can't really remember.
Reply 128
Original post by Busby_Babe
I haven't started yet but I believe UCL students refer to kings as Strand poly.

Yeah my friend says that is the case. Apparently Kings students reply by calling the UCL students "un-godly" :confused:
Original post by Nalced
Same in Edinburgh, if your from Queen Margaret, Heriot Watt or Napier. Your a joke.

Your grammar is a joke? You're being funny? See the difference there?
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I found on nights out girls who went to the lower ranked university (DMU) at my city were much easier to get with then ones which went to the higher ranked university (Leicester).

I like them thick and easy :awesome:

:eek: Your sig is amazing, who is it?
Original post by Zottula
Yeah my friend says that is the case. Apparently Kings students reply by calling the UCL students "un-godly" :confused:

It's because UCL was the first non secular uni and admitted people whatever religion they were, they even let women in :eek: Kings was founded to counter this and only let Church of England students in. It's a really old rivalry.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by T. Hereford
True. Uni of Leeds students look down on Leeds Met students. They don't mingle much at all. There's even a song about the difference in prestige / gulf between Uni of Leeds and Leeds Met.

''If you didn't get into Leeds go to Met'' (to the tune of 'If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands)!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

AHAHA! really?! :biggrin: That sounds like its fun to sing. Im going to leeds this year so i wanna sing that XD but i wont, only because i have alot of friends who go to leeds met. I dont think theyre stupid or lower than me at all =) I do however, think ill probabally get better job chances in life
Well, on nights out when I meet Brighton uni students, they seem to know their place as they always revere me and my housemates when we say we go to Sussex.. :ahee:.
There should a series of fights to the death between randomly selected students from the universities to settle the rivalries. Losers get free cremations (and honorary degrees from the winning institution for their martyrdom) :mmm:
Reply 135
Original post by Busby_Babe
It's because UCL was the first non secular uni and admitted people whatever religion they were, they even let women in :eek: Kings was founded to counter this and only let Church of England students in. It's a really old rivalry.

Aaaaaah right. Thank you :smile:. I didn't understand the significance before.
When I used to go to Uni of Leeds I was once on a night out with my friend from halls, and a guy approached us and asked us if what uni we went to so we said Leeds and he just made a noise and walked off :/ lol goes both ways, I'm going to assume he was from Leeds met
Original post by RobertWhite
Can you expand on that at all? I like to know what I'm getting into :tongue:

Haha Soton and Soton Solent aren't that bad, we mix in a lot of the city centre clubs and there's some groups on fb but they're not serious.
Reply 138
Let's be serious, no cities have more than one university (except London).
Reply 139
Original post by KeyserNI
I once knew a guy that when hitting on my girlfriend mentioned he studied at Cambridge having known a few Oxbridge graduates I asked him what college he was at to which his reply was "um Cambridge"..... it turned out he studied Zoology at ARU. What a prat.

Glasgow students look down on Strathclyde students, it doesn't help that they are on opposite sides of the city. I think Strathclyde is a decent uni. Having went to an ex-poly then onto a prestigious uni and top 5 rated professional course I know that a lot of it's down to social circumstances and not how smart the student is in the end.

Who have you been talking too? I'm from Glasgow and have friends in both and almost everyone I know thinks they're equally as good but excel in slightly different subjects.

Latest

Trending

Trending