The Student Room Group

Does my girlfriend still want me?

So,

I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years and we had a great sex life until i'd say the last 6 months. We both use to have fun, different positions, great oral etc etc..

But now she never ever wants to, she works part time now and has no engery. Where as before she worked full time and had loads of engery. I always give her lots and lots of attention when we have sex, and try to make her feel amazing. But she hasn't really give me any attention for a long time. I do try to instagate things but she just doesn't seem to want to.

She has told me that her pill is making her not want to. Is this a common issue with the type of pill that she's on? (i dont know which type it is)

Lee

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, the pill does lower your sex drive. And she probably does have low energy do to work. I would talk to her and ask her if there's any other issue behind it aswell.
Hi thank you for your reply!

I've asked her if there is anything wrong, but she has told me she promises everything is fine. She said she'll try get a different pill to see if that works, but that was 3 weeks ago.
Reply 3
I'd sit back a bit, bro. Let her sort of come back to that side of things when she's ready, maybe? :dontknow: Or do it less, etc.

Still, that'd just be me. :tongue: 'Dreaming' had a good idea with talking about it, but don't make it sound desperate; that you're only thinking about the sex side of things. Or she'll think that's all you want her for and it'll fall apart.

But yeah, that's what I'd do. :yep:
Reply 4
Original post by Lee R

I've asked her if there is anything wrong, but she has told me she promises everything is fine. She said she'll try get a different pill to see if that works, but that was 3 weeks ago.

If you have to swap pills you often have to wait until the next cycle to do it which equals a month. You cant just switch straight away. I am going on the pill myself but I'm researching what sort of one to take because I don't want to kill my sex drive.
(edited 13 years ago)
Thanks for the replys guys, i'll just wait! It's not really 'sex' that im missing. It's being close in that way that i miss. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Lee R

Same thing in my relationship but I am in your gf's position. I also blame the pill. I don't know why I have lost a lot of interest, I just don't want to a lot of the time, I can't be bothered, I'd rather just cuddle, I don't know why it is, and I hate it, I really wish I wanted to more. My bf asks the same question as you have, but my only answer is "the pill" because I really don't know what else it could be.

She probably feels similar, she wishes it was different, but when it comes to it she just can't be bothered, doesn't feel like it and has no energy.

In my position, there is absolutely nothing wrong with our relationship, I love my boyfriend to bits and he loves me the same. Just my sex drive keeps going down and down, it makes me sad :frown: It's very likely it is similar in your relationship. Don't worry, she does still want you.

If anyone knows how to "cure" this as such, then I'm open to suggestions (the only suggestion I'm not open to is a change of pill, I spent a year sorting out my pill again after I started getting migraines, then I bled for like 9 months [not fun] and now it's finally settled...I can't go through all that again. I have been on like 4 different pills before anyway, had a low sex drive on them all)
Original post by HaNzY
Same thing in my relationship but I am in your gf's position. I also blame the pill. I don't know why I have lost a lot of interest, I just don't want to a lot of the time, I can't be bothered, I'd rather just cuddle, I don't know why it is, and I hate it, I really wish I wanted to more. My bf asks the same question as you have, but my only answer is "the pill" because I really don't know what else it could be.

She probably feels similar, she wishes it was different, but when it comes to it she just can't be bothered, doesn't feel like it and has no energy.

In my position, there is absolutely nothing wrong with our relationship, I love my boyfriend to bits and he loves me the same. Just my sex drive keeps going down and down, it makes me sad :frown: It's very likely it is similar in your relationship. Don't worry, she does still want you.

If anyone knows how to "cure" this as such, then I'm open to suggestions (the only suggestion I'm not open to is a change of pill, I spent a year sorting out my pill again after I started getting migraines, then I bled for like 9 months [not fun] and now it's finally settled...I can't go through all that again. I have been on like 4 different pills before anyway, had a low sex drive on them all)

Are you actually my GF? lol

You have said things that she says. For example, she wishes it was different and that she has no energy to do anything. I even tell her i'd just like to give her pleasure as i'm a man, and i love her. It's not all about me.

But we never get going, so to speak
Reply 8
Original post by Lee R
Are you actually my GF? lol

You have said things that she says. For example, she wishes it was different and that she has no energy to do anything. I even tell her i'd just like to give her pleasure as i'm a man, and i love her. It's not all about me.

But we never get going, so to speak

LOL you sound totally like my boyfriend as that is what he says about that he just wants to give me pleasure because that pleases him enough! But I know for a fact he doesn't use TSR so I'm quite sure you're not lol :tongue:

We still do stuff and whatever, but I just push him away when he wants to touch me sometimes, and I don't know why I do it :'( I have no idea how to stop myself from doing that! I make up excuses and stuff because I really just don't know why! And I'm sure that's how your gf feels too, it's so horrid, it sounds such a selfish thing to do as well now I'm typing it :frown: I just don't know why.

I hate it when I push him away, he looks so upset and I always feel so guilty after he or I have gone home or whatever. It's just when it comes to it, i don't know, I would just rather be lazy and it's not because anything is bad, I love it all when we do anything, I just don't know why my body doesn't want to to start with, and I never get horny before things any more, theres no anticipation, i think that's the reason why there is no motivation, and I guess your gf, like me, blames that on the pill.

Your thread has made me want to do something about this now, I'm fed up, we had a fantastic time when we were both 15 and 16 before i went on the stupid pill, i probably had a higher sex drive than he did and we loved it, now its just ****. I've been on a variety of pills before though to no avail, I guess I'm gonna have to try other scarier things like implants eeeekkk!! I really hope a change of pill helps your gf!!
Original post by HaNzY

...we had a fantastic time when we were both 15 and 16...

The only part that reasured me that you aren't my GF LOL! Scary!

I do hope you find a cure (obviously) i'm going to just take things very slow and see how things go from now on. - Let me know how you get on :-)
Reply 10
Original post by Lee R
The only part that reasured me that you aren't my GF LOL! Scary!

I do hope you find a cure (obviously) i'm going to just take things very slow and see how things go from now on. - Let me know how you get on :-)

Haha yeah, we have been together 5 years :biggrin:

Yeah I will totally let you know, maybe it will help you and your gf, also let me know if she sees improvement!
Original post by HaNzY
Haha yeah, we have been together 5 years :biggrin:

Yeah I will totally let you know, maybe it will help you and your gf, also let me know if she sees improvement!

That's cool! We've been together just under 2 years! :-)

I will let you know. I am hoping it's the pill, but i don't want her to get an other pill that might give her headaches etc
"Does my girlfriend still want me?" Ooh, let me look into my glass ball.

I don't know - ask her!

On a more serious note: as ironic as it is, yes the pill can lower your sex drive.
Original post by Lee R

I will let you know. I am hoping it's the pill, but i don't want her to get an other pill that might give her headaches etc

Side effects are relative. The pill I went on had no effect on me at all but for others it can encourage weight fluctuations, headaches etc. It's pretty much a gambling game with the pill.
I would say 100% the pill but possibly could be other causes as well?

When I had the implant put in I didn't even want my boyfriend to touch me! - we nearly broke up because of it (also caused lots of arguments because I was so hormonal)

Now I have a hormone-free coil and I am fineeeeeeee (+horny) :wink:
Original post by Rascacielos
Side effects are relative. The pill I went on had no effect on me at all but for others it can encourage weight fluctuations, headaches etc. It's pretty much a gambling game with the pill.

Indeed, it sounds like your playing the lotto! ...
Original post by DH-Biker

Original post by DH-Biker
I'd sit back a bit, bro. Let her sort of come back to that side of things when she's ready, maybe? :dontknow: Or do it less, etc.

Still, that'd just be me. :tongue: 'Dreaming' had a good idea with talking about it, but don't make it sound desperate; that you're only thinking about the sex side of things. Or she'll think that's all you want her for and it'll fall apart.

But yeah, that's what I'd do. :yep:

This. :yep:
Reply 17
Original post by Lee R

Yeah it will be the pill. Well if she is on a combined pill and is okay at the moment, it is likely she will be okay on a different one as well (on the headache front), if she is on a progesterone only pill then headaches shouldn't really be exacerbated by that type of pill, due to no oestrogen making blood thicker and constricting blood vessels. But tbf, from my experience, all the pills are just as bad as each other when it comes to low sex drive. :mad: lol!
Reply 18
Original post by secret_geek
I would say 100% the pill but possibly could be other causes as well?

When I had the implant put in I didn't even want my boyfriend to touch me! - we nearly broke up because of it (also caused lots of arguments because I was so hormonal)

Now I have a hormone-free coil and I am fineeeeeeee (+horny) :wink:

So an implant is just as bad on the sex drive???

And you now have a coil and that is fine??

It's ok, I really want my sex drive back now, I'm fed up, I need advice from girls with experience of sorting out this situation! x
Original post by HaNzY
So an implant is just as bad on the sex drive???

And you now have a coil and that is fine??

It's ok, I really want my sex drive back now, I'm fed up, I need advice from girls with experience of sorting out this situation! x

Well I have never been on the pill I went straight for long-term contraception. I am in an LDR and knew I would NOT take my pill every day if I knew I wasn't seeing my boyfriend for a while. Haha sooo TMI for here. I straight away looked at the implant and the IUD *there are two different types of IUD or coil, one is hormonal one is non-hormonal (pretty sure the ONLY non-hormonal contraception except sterilisation!)*

So basically, I went with the implant because quite frankly I was **** scared about getting the coil put in :colondollar: And they numbed the area blablabla, was all fine. Then BAM a week later I got all the nasty hormone side effects: weight gain (half a stone), mood wings, 0 sex drive like literally couldn't even get wet at all, went from my vibrator being my bestfriend to dusty :P haha. Anyway, argued with my boyfriend all the time ( sex is a bigggg thing to me ). I began to just feel like friends with my boyfriend minus the sex :frown::frown: which led us to argue a lot. It also made me depressed.

So anyway! About 6 weeks after this thing ruining my life, I had it taken out. Had the non-hormonal coil put in - didn't want any side effects!!! Dropped the half stone, felt MUCH better in myself (not depressed) and bammm sex drive back. :biggrin:

Coil was painful being put in, I am not going to lie BUT it does last 5 years and I also think you can have some sort of anaesthetic up there, but I didn't.... :smile: It hasssss made my periods heavier but that is it it also does not interfere with sex at all!

Hope this helps sorry tmi + so longggggg :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending