The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We don't look down on Anglia Ruskin much (only in the same way as you look down on Irishmen in jokes) but the only time I've interacted with them is on a joint march with them and FE colleges over education cuts in Cambridge. There just isn't opportunity to do so any more than any other groups in the community.
Original post by agolati
All of this makes me well sad and really angry.

No one from UPenn does this to other unis in Pennsylvania.

For those who participate in this disgusting behaviour, have a taste of your own medicine:

Get ready to tell your children that I would never employ you because you went to a rubbish uni (anything that is not Wharton).
Peace b!tches x
SEE, HOW do you like that? It's gross. So don't do it anymore.

Pipe down son, Upenn is not really Harvard...
Reply 162
I heard a story from my friend at Edinburgh - he said that in the EUSU toilets someone had written onto each square of toilet roll:

'Edinburgh Heriot-Watt degrees ~ Please take one'
Reply 163
Lancaster and Cumbria are in the same city (Cumbria has a campus in Lancaster). No rivalry seems to exist really. I guess that's probably because the Cumbria campus is pretty small with few students.
Original post by Nalced
Same in Edinburgh, if your from Queen Margaret, Heriot Watt or Napier. Your a joke.

What the **** is Napier? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 165
Original post by slylion1

Original post by slylion1
Pipe down son, Upenn is not really Harvard...

well said - someone needed to put him in his place
Reply 166
I cannot say I noticed any rivalry in either Liverpool or Manchester, and I have not really had much contact with UWE students in Bristol so I cannot comment about that either.
Reply 167
Original post by KeyserNI
Glasgow students look down on Strathclyde students, it doesn't help that they are on opposite sides of the city. I think Strathclyde is a decent uni. Having went to an ex-poly then onto a prestigious uni and top 5 rated professional course I know that a lot of it's down to social circumstances and not how smart the student is in the end.

They don't really, there's a rivalry yes, where both unis (actually all three) put the other(s) down, even though technically Glasgow is the best, Strathclyde not far behind and then Caley third. You could quite as easily say that Strathclyde students look down on Glasgow students because I've never met a single Strathy student that has outright said "yeah OK UoG is better".
However, students from all universities interact with each other on a regular basis, it probably helps that really UoG is only 10 minutes away from Strathclyde on the underground, which itself is only 5 minutes walking distance from Caley, that and the fact that all universities are vastly (~40%) populated by home students who will have several friends who went to each university.
Original post by iainthegreat
:eek: Your sig is amazing, who is it?

Not too sure, I like it as im an ass man.
Leeds Met used to beat the uni at sport a lot if I remember correctly. It's just banter. My mate who goes to Leeds Met says that "we 'ate Leeds uneh" but I think that's a bit y'know.... it does work both ways.
Reply 170
Original post by Lunalocket
what uni are you hoping to go to :s-smilie:

SOTON atM. I'm hoping to go into Adjustment but my hopes aren't high seeing only 400 people got through last year.

:beard:
Original post by rachelkeira
I hadn't even heard that chant before this thread...
Doesn't really work on me anyway, my Dad owns his own company :wink:
Oh by the way, care to review the scores from this past varsity series? :P

Are you sure by own company you don't mean an ice cream van?
That’s because I wasn't playing in the varsity series :tongue:,or it would have been a whole different story.

Jokes aside, I think you 'trenters' are missing out alot; you need to come see our campus on University Blvd; we work harder and play harder. O' and the people are much better looking, I don’t know who gave you the idea otherwise; I have many 'acquaintances' at Trent Uni and I can tell you from experience.

NB: But you guys are still cool (ish).
Reply 172
As the thread is, at times, on the spam borderline, there are an increasing number of spammy posts/posts breaking rules some other way and we have many threads discussing this subject (which can be found using a forum search) I've decided to close the thread.

I did decide to leave it open for a decent length of time, allowing the OP to get a decent variety of answers, but I'm afraid the time has come.

Latest

Trending

Trending