The Student Room Group

Your first day as a doctor

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DJ_Black
Wow - Critically deconstruct a non serious comment, to remove all and any humour from the situation.
Way to kill a joke.

Ohhh... it was a joke! I do apologise if I've offended you.
Reply 41
Original post by Insomnia
how can u post a patients pelvis x-ray on a student forum .... That is confidential to the patient ??! Why ask such a question on a forum anyway you should ask your senior ...(registrar) ....?!

"Clive? Is... is that you?"
Reply 42
What is that extra thing on the x-ray? Kind of like a big paperclip..
Reply 43
Original post by Profesh

LOL ... Yeah i know .. but stilll .. Its slightly unprofessional in my opinion .. Not something I'd ever do....
Reply 44
Original post by Profesh

Oops! I knew someone would recognise that shattered pelvis. Oh well, GMC hearing for me in the morning!
Reply 45
LOL ... Yeah i know .. but stilll .. Its slightly unprofessional in my opinion .. Not something I'd ever do....

It's really not. It's a black and white picture. It'd be more unprofessional to tag a photo of someone on facebook.
Reply 46
Original post by LeeC
What is that extra thing on the x-ray? Kind of like a big paperclip..

I've been trying to work that out myself. I think it's one of the metal buckles on the straps use to pin him to the trolley/spinal board.
78 year olds are walking around at around 11pm (guessing it's taken an hour or so to get him/her to the hospital and arrange for x-rays etc?)

What's the patient doing around at that time :beard:

You keep pumping blood into the patient so rush the patient into surgery to stop the bleeding somehow?
Reply 48
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
78 year olds are walking around at around 11pm (guessing it's taken an hour or so to get him/her to the hospital and arrange for x-rays etc?)

What's the patient doing around at that time :beard:

You keep pumping blood into the patient so rush the patient into surgery to stop the bleeding somehow?

Probably just left the pub I imagine. We need a surgeon to do the operation! And he's on his way in!

:facepalm: If there's no identifying information...
Um, if the ortho reg doesn't hurry up this guy could die?

In the meantime:

Call theatres to ask the staff to set up for the case/put him on the trauma list so the theatre is ready to roll then the ortho reg arrives?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by No Future
Um, if the ortho reg doesn't hurry up this guy could die?

In the meantime:

Call theatres to ask the staff to set up for the case/put him on the trauma list?

Hope he drives something quite fast eh!!? lol ..
Hope he drives something quite fast eh!!? lol ..

Yeah?
Knowing orthopods, um probably? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Cool case, hope he made it

ITs obvious there is a mahoosive pelvic fracture alongside his femur fracture which obviously can lead to desanguination , so he needs urgent theatre for repair...in the mean time i would try and keep him as haemodynamically stable as possible, with fluids and transfusions and continue very close monitoring and pray he gets taken away in time
Reply 54
Knowing orthopods, um probably? :s-smilie:

Um definitely.
Original post by Carpediemxx

ITs obvious there is a mahoosive pelvic fracture alongside his femur fracture

So fracture to neck of femur (??) + what would you call the pelvic fracture? I'm not familiar with pelvic fractures. Hell, it looks kinda wonky (??), but I don't know how you would describe it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by electricjon
Um definitely.

How's Manc med school?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 57
So fracture to neck of femur (??) + what would you call the pelvic fracture? I'm not familiar with pelvic fractures. Hell, it looks kinda wonky (??), but I don't know how you would describe it.

It's a mahoosive (massive) pelvic fracture. No other way to describe it really!
Original post by electricjon
It's a mahoosive (massive) pelvic fracture. No other way to describe it really!

Ok. Is there a left neck of femur fracture as well?
Reply 59
cut him open and start clamping **** like in the movies, and pack him with some celox

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending