The Student Room Group

Watford Grammar, Royal Masonic, Northwood College

Anybody got any experience of either of these schools ?
Reply 1
Original post by shivanjali
Anybody got any experience of either of these schools ?

I went to Northwood College til yr11, and I applied to RMS in yr7 & Watford Grammar in 6th form so yeah I know a bit about all of them

RMS: Great sports facilities, not very academic. Doesn't send many pupils to the top unis.
Watford Grammar: Personally I was put off by the fact you have to wear uniform but they do get good results & you have to do PE in yr12.
Northwood College: (From what I've heard from my friends) Gets the best results out of all of them, (although Watford isn't too far behind). Facilities for sports aren't amazing but if your like me and hate sport that doesnt matter! In yr12 you have silent study sessions in some of your frees which most people I know said they found very useful as it ensured they got some work done. There aren't usually very many new pupils, but the ones in my year all seemed to make friends quickly.
If you let me know what subjects your doing I can tell you more what the teachers are like.
Reply 2
Thanks Jelly. I am looking at all three for Year 7 entry, but not sure which would be best for a child who lacks confidence and motivation but has been academically above average all the way through primary.

I have heard that RMS is not as academic as the other two, but it is such a lovely school with really friendly head and girls. Not sure how it would work going from state primary to private school.
Reply 3
Thanks Jelly. I am looking at all three for Year 7 entry, but not sure which would be best for a child who lacks confidence and motivation but has been academically above average all the way through primary.

I have heard that RMS is not as academic as the other two, but it is such a lovely school with really friendly head and girls. Not sure how it would work going from state primary to private school.

About half of my form at Northwood came from state primaries and they didnt have any problems.
Reply 4
Any other opinions out there ?
Reply 5
I assume because your mentioning royal masonic, your talking about a girl and not a boy for watford grammar?
I went to Watford Boys. Biology department was ****.
Reply 7
Hi Imahermit yes, I am talking about my DD so looking at girls schools.
Reply 8
Hi Imahermit yes, I am talking about my DD so looking at girls schools.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the girls schools, but find any advice you can, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending