The Student Room Group

Gym training 2 days in a row

Basically I went to the gym and did some biceps, triceps, shoulder and abs work last night.

But tonight my other friend wants to go, if I take it easier / do different muscles its fine right?

Plus just a little light work on the stuff I did last night because I don't go gym enough and want to take any chance to get big

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It probably won't do you any good, but don't make a habit of it and it shouldn't do any harm either. You only recover and grow while resting, and working out again before you have recovered is not a sustainable practice.
Many athletes will always do that but then take longer periods of rest after a time of accumulating fatigue by working out "too much", but for amateur/hobbyist lifters I really don't recommend it.

Do different lifts tonight. If you're super trendy and squat/deadlift then thay will do.
Reply 2
if you ache after a work out, that means that you tore muscle and you need to rest to build the muscle again. however if you do not ache, im sure you can go for another work out. try not to stress your muscles, and perhaps focus on cardio as well.
Concentrate more on cardio?
Reply 4
I used to go 5 days in a row, lots of people go everyday of the week, you would be fine, only 2 days
Cardio, cardio, cardio.
Reply 6
Do your legs, squats phaggot
You shouldn't work out the same muscle groups more than once every 48 hours. Work on legs (e.g. squats, leg press, etc.) if you're going tonight: they're the most important muscles to work if you want to gain serious muscle, and neglecting them will make it harder for you to gain upper body mass.
Phaggot
Reply 8
Good troll, but faggot if srs.
Reply 9
Original post by mirin?
Good troll, but faggot if srs.

why am i a faggot? i am still a beginner at training, you were all in my position once before so shut up
Original post by wilshere
Basically I went to the gym and did some biceps, triceps, shoulder and abs work last night.

But tonight my other friend wants to go, if I take it easier / do different muscles its fine right?

Plus just a little light work on the stuff I did last night because I don't go gym enough and want to take any chance to get big

Well going twice in a row isn't going to do you any good.
Reply 11
Original post by SkinFadeHaircut
Well going twice in a row isn't going to do you any good.

Lol.
6 is better. 7 is better still.
You'll be fine. Work on other body parts like your legs. Legs training is fun! :-)
Reply 14
Do some cardio, it's good active recovery.

Just think, it could be worse. You could row and do 13 sessions in one week, with at least 5 sessions being weights.
As long as you're training different muscle groups your fine.
I do chest and biceps on Mondays and Back and Legs on Tuesdays.
Reply 16
Original post by ShiFty Kid

I do chest and biceps monday but shoulders and forearm the next :tongue:
Everyone knows that the more you lift the bigger and stronger you get. This is essentially without limit, so ideally you would train your whole body as hard as possible every day of the week, every week. You'll progress two to three times as fast as someone who only lifts a few times each week.
Reply 18
Original post by ShiFty Kid

I wouldn't do that, your biceps are unlikely to have completely recovered by the next day, neither are your triceps from the bench press. If you are going to do 2 days back to back i would do chest and triceps and biceps and back unless you are fairly advanced and your muscles can recover that quickly
Original post by Gowrav
I do chest and biceps monday but shoulders and forearm the next :tongue:

Just so you know, when you get here it will never look like that. Ever

To the OP; if you eat right it's fine with the sort of stuff you're doing you can recover quickly on a good diet with enough sleep at your age.
Also squat more. Much more

Quick Reply

Latest