The Student Room Group

Mum takes my money without asking!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Doesn't a card get swallowed if the pin is entered wrong an 'x' number of times?

Cause that is what would happen if I did change it.

Yes. But you change your pin to something you'll remember, then it won't get swallowed? :confused: Tell your mum you've changed your PIN and it is your money not hers. We're providing you solutions and you're just making up problems.
I've tried hiding my card but she always sniffs it out.

Your tried your bra?
There's no point in changing the pin, she always opens my letters and I'm never around when the post arrives!

:angry:

When you change your pin at a machine they don't send it to you in a letter.
Reply 23
Original post by Delaney
Yes. But you change your pin to something you'll remember, then it won't get swallowed? :confused: Tell your mum you've changed your PIN and it is your money not hers. We're providing you solutions and you're just making up problems.

Me remembering it isn't the problem. I meant my mum, who probably relelentlessly try to access it. Knowing her she probably wouldn't even tell me if it did happen.
Tell the police seeing as it's fraud? A nice caution should stop her.

Otherwise, man the **** up, and tell her to stop it and to pay you back.
Reply 25
Me remembering it isn't the problem. I meant my mum, who probably relelentlessly try to access it. Knowing her she probably wouldn't even tell me if it did happen.

Man up? Tell her it is YOUR money and you have changed the PIN. Then put it somewhere she won't find it - the insole of a shoe is usually a decent place for me anyway.
Reply 26
put her down.
Reply 27
I don't understand why you're asking on TSR, she's stealing your money you mug.
Man up, change your pin, keep your card safe and confront her about it. It is theft.
Is there a reason she is taking it? Do you owe her money?
Why don't you talk to her?
Why is she taking your money? Have you asked her?
Get a second account secretly, move all your money to your second account. Hide the card of your second account and keep your pin safe. That way, if she does take the card to your original account she won't be able to get any money out.
WTF, If she'd asked, fair enough, I probably would of said yes. BUT I EVEN SPECIFICLY TOLD HER NOT TO ****ING TOUCH MY MONEY IN THE MORNING.

She already owes me around £200, now £250.

How should I go about getting this money back? :angry:

hide your money? in a bank? grab her purse and see how she likes it

If this did happen you would still be able to go into the bank with ID and get your money out, she wouldn't be able to do that.
You could go into your bank, say you have lost your card and request a replacement card and pin number to be sent to the branch this way she wouldnt be able to open it as only you could go in and pick it up and then just keep the card hidden so she cant use it.
You sound like an idiot.

You deserve to have your money stolen. TO THE MINES WITH YOU.
You're rejecting every idea on this thread, so it look's like she'll keep taking ya money man.
Just change the pin at the machine, I did a while ago and they didn't send me a letter.
Reply 35
Change the pin at the machine, tell the bank that when you need new cards/pins/whatever you want them sent to the branch instead of to your home address. Sorted.
Reply 36
What exactly is the situation with your mother here? She broke or something?

You can probably consider it as rent.

Edit:

Like other have said, change your pin code at a cash machine, that way you don't need to sieze the post.
Reply 37
Why don't you just take her to small claims?

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
See, this is why the english culture makes me laff. Your mother fed you, clothed u, sheltred etc. and in the end you whinge over a petty £200.... see in the asian culture we make it a duty to pay back every penny to our parents and more. big deal if she took your money and knows your pin, are you implying your mums a thief?! i can understand if your on hard times but at the same time i gauranDAMtee that your mum will pay it back so stop whinging and fix up.
Change your pin,hide your card,ask for the money back,keep annoying her till she gives it back,she'll give in eventually then hide your money in the bank.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending