The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by iliya
Hi . :smile: I am an international student and I have no idea what accom to choose. I prefer self-catered, not very quite(I like parties :biggrin: ), near LUBS(no more than 20/25min walk). I read that off campus accom is more social, it this true? Can anyone help me, please?

although most should be sociable other than sentinel towers, you're talking about the ones much further away and towards headingley
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1201
Original post by N.chilz
i've applied for leodis residences... and will be a medical student, yay!
but have just realised.. that i'll have to walk for half an hour before i get to my building :frown:

how? Takes less than 10mins from leodis to Parkinson
Reply 1202
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame

Me too :biggrin: I'm going to be doing sociology! You?:smile:

Aww, thats cool! Im doing BA Hon Textiles Design :biggrin:
Reply 1203
Original post by dmz
although most should be sociable other than sentinel towers, you're talking about the ones much further away and towards headingley

Could you recommend me accom that are popular for international students ?
right, Henry Price or JBP???

Also, Leodis might be easier to get into, as it has 700 odd rooms. But for some reason im still inclined towards either henry or jbp?
Reply 1205
Original post by iliya
Could you recommend me accom that are popular for international students ?

sentinel is really popular for international and post grads. 20mins walk to uni, 10 to city centre, it's opposite tannery, and opal 1,2, concept place, plaza are very close. I've never been to it but it seems to be the most quite accommodation and it's all en suite i think. Direct buses to headingley and free(or 50p) shuttle bus to city centre but runs till half 7
Reply 1206
Original post by randoms_92

Also, Leodis might be easier to get into, as it has 700 odd rooms. But for some reason im still inclined towards either henry or jbp?

personally Jbp both are over subscribed so neither. Lol
Original post by dmz
personally Jbp both are over subscribed so neither. Lol

Well i guess everyones got the same chance. Im just going to select close to campus and ensuite as a preference, and i'll be ok with the fall back

tbh i think ledois would be your possible backup if you didnt get them... so youd be okay with your first choice of back up then :smile:
Original post by ohhelloruth
tbh i think ledois would be your possible backup if you didnt get them... so youd be okay with your first choice of back up then :smile:

Exactly, leodis looks quite good from the pictures. Anyone who went to the viewing day have any views on leodis?
Exactly, leodis looks quite good from the pictures. Anyone who went to the viewing day have any views on leodis?

I went to the viewing day, i saw it :smile:, it was nice,,, the comman room was quite small, but the residents said they only really use the comman room for the tv and the pool table, and they also said it did get that busy so you can watch your eastenders or top gear in piece (depends what you want to watch obviously and also who gets their first lol),

but also the rooms were big and the ensuite was really nice,, they also have like a big table thing in the kitchen that could fit the whole tour group in so it would be good for "pre-Drinks"... cant complain :smile:... thinking about it i really liked it :P x
Reply 1211

erm apparently rough external neighbourhood, i didn't see anything wrong with it. It looks like it is in the picture tbh, decent rooms and bathrooms, not as new as jbp. Kitchen looked pretty empty, the part where you cook was a bit small. A table with chairs round it i think. Pretty decent common room i thought, sofa like leather chairs, wide screen tv plus a really cute girl i spoke to (girl may vary :tongue:). It's uphill to the uni but it was literally 5mins to Parkinson or it felt like anyway. A shop along the way too.

For those interested in HP http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Leeds_Accommodation
Original post by Nicola.Garner
I went to the viewing day, i saw it :smile:, it was nice,,, the comman room was quite small, but the residents said they only really use the comman room for the tv and the pool table, and they also said it did get that busy so you can watch your eastenders or top gear in piece (depends what you want to watch obviously and also who gets their first lol),

but also the rooms were big and the ensuite was really nice,, they also have like a big table thing in the kitchen that could fit the whole tour group in so it would be good for "pre-Drinks"... cant complain :smile:... thinking about it i really liked it :P x

I love the idea of a pool table, as I am a sport fanatic haha. And top gear anyday over eastenders :smile:

Yeah, the accomadation itself looks to be really good, but im just wondering about location?

And im thinking JBP and hopefully have leodis as a back up :smile: x
Original post by dmz
erm apparently rough external neighbourhood, i didn't see anything wrong with it. It looks like it is in the picture tbh, decent rooms and bathrooms, not as new as jbp. Kitchen looked pretty empty, the part where you cook was a bit small. A table with chairs round it i think. Pretty decent common room i thought, sofa like leather chairs, wide screen tv plus a really cute girl i spoke to (girl may vary :tongue:). It's uphill to the uni but it was literally 5mins to Parkinson or it felt like anyway. A shop along the way too.

For those interested in HP http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/University_of_Leeds_Accommodation

Yeah thats the thing, I think the accommodation looks really good, but i dont really want it to be in a sh*t area. Thats why im favouring JBP and HP. Still im not too fussed, because 700 odd other students will be in the same boat haha
I love the idea of a pool table, as I am a sport fanatic haha. And top gear anyday over eastenders :smile:

Yeah, the accomadation itself looks to be really good, but im just wondering about location?

And im thinking JBP and hopefully have leodis as a back up :smile: x

Ahhh good show :smile: and the accomodations just like a bit further away from montague burton like 2 minutes, and thats only 7 minutes away from the uni, so thats around about 9/10 minutes, so if you want :wink:, also that will both work, youll need to put as preferneces ensuite, and closeness though :P
also if you want there alot of others discussing this on you go. this is the link to the main accomdation forum if you want alittle read. http://yougo.co.uk/forums/t/46884.aspx hope it helps :smile: x
Original post by Nicola.Garner
Ahhh good show :smile: and the accomodations just like a bit further away from montague burton like 2 minutes, and thats only 7 minutes away from the uni, so thats around about 9/10 minutes, so if you want :wink:, also that will both work, youll need to put as preferneces ensuite, and closeness though :P
also if you want there alot of others discussing this on you go. this is the link to the main accomdation forum if you want alittle read. http://yougo.co.uk/forums/t/46884.aspx hope it helps :smile: x

Sh*t why didnt i sign up for yougo before
Right im going to make an account and will add you soon

Thanks! x
Sh*t why didnt i sign up for yougo before
Right im going to make an account and will add you soon

Thanks! x

ahahaha thats cool :smile: ill accept :wink: also im here for all your viewing day questions because i went that day and saw pretty much all the self catered accomodation :smile: and boddington hall :smile:

Your welcome :smile: x
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Those poems ring no bells at all! :zomg: We had The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and then a selection of a few other old poems. Ah, my school didn't do English Language after GCSE either - nor were the teachers fond of the subject so didn't really want to teach it. Personally, I preferred literature - less writing, more analysing (ie using your imagination to make creative waffle). :tongue: We didn't have any fictional pieces to write though. Just essays and essays aplenty for AS-Level.

Ahaha, not being a fan really doesn't help! I did really like my English teachers though. That said, I think I liked it more because I really did not have to do much. It clashed with my Chemistry lessons, so I had to do it in my own time with just one hour a week after school time of teaching. It meant we just focused primarly on the coursework and exams, if that. No classwork at all or any of the extra bits you have to do to prepare and all the random drafts and everything else. :king1:

I did Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Maths as well at AS. Carried those four on dropping English for A2. Currently on a gap year and unconditional medicine offer. School seems like forever away! :zomg:

How about yourself? :awesome:

Cool, university only seems like ages away 'cos you've already passed all the necessary exams lol, although I'm faffing around on TSR I'm actually stressing about getting my entry grades for Leeds, I would love to be in your position right now enjoying a gap year, though by the sounds of your subject choices at A level you must have worked hard to get there

do mind me asking how you revised for chemistry? :colondollar: atm it's the only thing standing in the way of me and Leeds lol, did you just learn/memorise all the reactions? There are just too many! :confused:

I do A2 economics, biology, chemistry, and science in society, and I did AS citizenship and english lit

Was your gap year a planned one, if so how did you plan it, actually even if it wasn't planned how did you spend it lol :smile:. If tuition fees were not going up next year I might've considered going on a gap year :rolleyes:
Original post by dmz
Medical engineering :biggrin:

sounds cool :smile: I've got a friend who is doing that course as well, but she isn't going to Leeds
Haha :smile: the coach would take soooo long :O
Yeah student finance isn't too complicated so that's okay! Ask me anything though!

Yeah I'm getting so excited now I hope we all get in to Henry price it'll be so exciting! I really need to make a list and stuff :smile:
Ah I've just revised for 3 hours I've just stopped! I feel like I've been productive:smile:

When's your first exam?

lol I know I hope so too :smile: I'm resitting a chemistry module so I have that exam at the end of may, and then my first a2 exam is on the 15th of june, how bout u?

and good on you, I've noticed that I go in a cycle, some days I'll be really productive but others I get next to nothing done, and I really haven't got time for next to nothing days man, exams are looming so close and everything depends on those exam results, aint nooo wayyy I'm gonna cry on results day, it needs to be smiles all round :biggrin:

Latest