The Student Room Group

I TOLD YOU SO!!! Former CIA agent blows off lid on Libyan Intervention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDVt_hSo_EU&feature=player_embedded
This source is from CNN - which is a pretty major news channel.

Over the past few decades, there have been some very real genocides happening all over Africa, but the U.S. never seemed to care about any of those.
But now the mainstream media has been trying really hard to spin the civil war in Libya into a “great humanitarian crisis”.

Of course Scheuer was exactly right. We never should have gotten involved in the civil war in Libya. It was none of our business. When the rebels picked up arms and started shooting at government forces, they should not have been surprised when Gadhafi’s forces started shooting back.

HAHA, I was right from my previous thread that the Libyan Intervention is WRONG, was planned WAY BEFORE and Qaddafi is just being used as a mere SCAPEGOAT
And you thought we "conspiracy nuts" were a bunch of retards :rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30614365#post30614365

I TOLD YOU SO!!
:banana:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well firstly Lets not forget Gadaffi started shooting unarmed protesters first.

I shall edit this after I watch the video.

Whats he saying really? Don't arm the rebels because there may be elements of Al Qaeda in the rebels?

Ok thats fair enough. But most intelligence right now seems to say that most of the rebels are not Al Qaeda and there are only "flickers".

I don't agree with the oil comment. There is no proof of this.

But I agree with the boots on the ground part. There is always a fear that states will rather put in troops in the country rather than admit to be wrong.

He did send that interviewer running though haha.
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh god he's making sense, quickly cut to an advert break...
Reply 3
Original post by darknessbehold.

I TOLD YOU SO!!

This is your first post, so you can't have told us so.
Reply 4
Original post by LeeC
This is your first post, so you can't have told us so.

he was probably banned and dupilcated an account. won't be long before he gets banned on this one to
Reply 5
Original post by bestofyou
he was probably banned and dupilcated an account. won't be long before he gets banned on this one to

But I thought conspiracy theorists were supposed to be more intelligent than all of us 'sheeple', they see the missing links where others do not after all!
Reply 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDVt_hSo_EU&feature=player_embedded
This source is from CNN - which is a pretty major news channel.

Over the past few decades, there have been some very real genocides happening all over Africa, but the U.S. never seemed to care about any of those.
But now the mainstream media has been trying really hard to spin the civil war in Libya into a “great humanitarian crisis”.

Of course Scheuer was exactly right. We never should have gotten involved in the civil war in Libya. It was none of our business. When the rebels picked up arms and started shooting at government forces, they should not have been surprised when Gadhafi’s forces started shooting back.

HAHA, I was right from my previous thread that the Libyan Intervention is WRONG, was planned WAY BEFORE and Qaddafi is just being used as a mere SCAPEGOAT

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30614365#post30614365

I TOLD YOU SO!!

You weren't right, or at least, we don't know if you were right.

He makes some good points, but what one guy says proves NOTHING, he could be a 'conspiracy nut' too for all I know. He has no evidence of anything, it's just his opinion. He has some interesting opinions, but where facts are concerned, opinions count for nothing.
Reply 7
Original post by LeeC
But I thought conspiracy theorists were supposed to be more intelligent than all of us 'sheeple', they see the missing links where others do not after all!

what?
Original post by LeeC

He makes some good points, but what one guy says proves NOTHING, he could be a 'conspiracy nut' too for all I know. He has no evidence of anything, it's just his opinion. He has some interesting opinions, but where facts are concerned, opinions count for nothing.

:ditto:
Reply 9
Original post by bestofyou
what?

If he is so clever (as all conspiracy theorists are of course, more clever than the proles who don't realise how the world is controlled by this NWO of lizards anyway) then why didn't he change his username and risk getting told off for having a duplicate account?
Forgot about Libya, The West are planning to steal Cocoa from the Ivory Coast!

I still think this.
Original post by LeeC
If he is so clever (as all conspiracy theorists are of course, more clever than the proles who don't realise how the world is controlled by this NWO of lizards anyway) then why didn't he change his username and risk getting told off for having a duplicate account?

even if you change your name you still can get found out. Happened to me when I got banned.

If he's using the same name, he's an idiot.
Also this guy is a complete pleb who can't form a logical argument, probably just butthurt because he got fired from the CIA.

I don't see how this source supports your argument anyway. His main argument isn't that intervention is morally wrong, but that it is not profitable for the US.
Reply 14
Libya Intervention planned 'way before'? Of course they've planned it. The Military have plans for just about every eventuality, the United States has up to date plans on what to do in case of an invasion by the Canada, plans for how to invade the United Kingdom, plans to overthrow China, plans to conquer Australia, plans to subdue Mexico. If they don't have at least ten to twenty plans on how to deal with Libya and agents everywhere I'd be shocked at their lack of preparation.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
the video is all speculation. It's not proof of anything.
Original post by LeeC

So what facts do we know about this intervention/invasion?
Reply 17
Original post by iainthegreat
So what facts do we know about this intervention/invasion?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, I read the news but I'm not 100% clued up on the whole situation, I doubt anyone is though anyway. Why do you ask me?
Reply 18
Actually I predicted this in 1986 when I was about your age and knew about as much about it.

In time I shall post carefully selected links with various dingbats to prove how right I was all along.
I just liked how he got under the skin of those two bimbos. These are the people reporting our news? They didn't want to argue rather dismiss him with their comments. The comment about Rice was taken personally by the blonde. She was very annoyed. Can you imagine how presenters like this filter the news? We have Paxman, who you can all hate, but he plays devils advocate well. The equivalent of them two idiot is that bitch on Sky, Kay Burley.

As for the ex-CIA man himself, he makes some good points but no coherrent argument other than that "we should serve US interests". Except that is what the US does and tramples over other nations at any cost. So I can't say I agree with him. He called other Arab nations tyrannical (which they are) but didn't exactly object, factor in that he worked for the CIA so was complicit, I don't exactly trust him.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending