The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jace Falco
It's also a pointless waste of ring charge.

But it does create an extra accessory for the action figures released alongside the film.
Original post by cambo211

But it does create an extra accessory for the action figures released alongside the film.

I can't wait for the limited edition one night stand collectible.

that is awsum, where d you find that

I think TGL is an interesting character cos of his powers, essentially being limited to anything he can envision or think of forming with the ring
Reply 804
Original post by Madjackismad
As much as I love Stanley Kubrick and as much as I think 2001: A Space Odyssey is one of the biggest moments of cinema in special effects and in directing, as well as being one of the defining moments for science-fiction, I have to confess that the movie is just so ****ing boring. I'd take Empire Strikes Back any day. Sorry, I am now offering my body to be pillaged. Tuck in!

Your body deserves whatever happens to it after this insult :colonhash:

Seriously, though, this is the most common criticism of the film, and considering the pacing, it's not really a surprise. It's not an easy film to enjoy, but it's very rewarding if you can enjoy it. You kind of have to just let it wash over you. :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Christien
Your body deserves whatever happens to it after this insult :colonhash:

Seriously, though, this is the most common criticism of the film, and considering the pacing, it's not really a surprise. It's not an easy film to enjoy, but it's very rewarding if you can enjoy it. You kind of have to just let it wash over you. :dontknow:

Sometimes people just don't like certain films. 2001 is one of them for me. I admire it in the sense that it is one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. Also, Kubrick has made superior films to 2001, IMO.
Reply 806
Sometimes people just don't like certain films. 2001 is one of them for me. I admire it in the sense that it is one of the best sci-fi movies of all time. Also, Kubrick has made superior films to 2001, IMO.

This is fair enough. I don't really get Gone With the Wind (in terms of appeal) or Oliver Stone myself.

And he has made superior films, although 2001 still ranks incredibly highly for me.
Original post by elisabethbridge
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/100-amazing-darth-vader-helmets :biggrin:

I like the Clown Vader and Vader Liberty. And Spiky Bling Vader. Haha, they're all pretty cool.

Those are awesome! Really interesting to see what some of the artists did...

Oh and I love 2001. Just sayin'.

I like it too but it is pretty boring imo, nuff said

I might make an original trilogy favourite film thread, I think I like Return of the jedi the most

Christien you should play Jedi Academy, it's goood
Reply 809
Original post by lukejoshjedi
I like it too but it is pretty boring imo, nuff said

I might make an original trilogy favourite film thread, I think I like Return of the jedi the most

Christien you should play Jedi Academy, it's goood

I've told you that I've played Jedi Academy about twice now. Are you trying to WUM me? In film, no less? :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Christien
I've told you that I've played Jedi Academy about twice now. Are you trying to WUM me? In film, no less? :colonhash:

Lol yea I remember, just trying to make you remember it again, start playing again. Wanna play you :biggrin:

Anyone want to watch Rango or Rio?

I'm kinda mildly interested in watching Rio
Reply 811
Lol yea I remember, just trying to make you remember it again, start playing again. Wanna play you :biggrin:

Anyone want to watch Rango or Rio?

I'm kinda mildly interested in watching Rio

I don't really do multiplayer. I'm terrible at it. :colondollar:
Prefer SP stuff like Thief, Fallout, Baldur's Gate, adventure games, Dragon Age, etc., and even in games with multiplayer I never ever use it.

Rango wouldn't normally appeal to me, but I do love westerns. :coma:
Anyone seen Most Hated Family? Just finishing it now... :|
Original post by cadaeibfeceh

yuup, the westboro baptist church is pretty sad but I think it's just gonna dissolve in future anyway, lose members and probably like... get attacked or something
Reply 814
yuup, the westboro baptist church is pretty sad but I think it's just gonna dissolve in future anyway, lose members and probably like... get attacked or something

Or just move to a pink cave in Jordan. :lol:

I just finished watching The Birds (which I loved btw)... what sort of attack were you thinking? :wink:
Reply 816
My exams ended yesterday, so I want to watch a movie today. I'll have to shuffle through my recent acquisitions and see what I'm in the mood for. I might go with Sweet Sixteen, because I was pretty impressed by Martin Compston in Red Road. Also, the Glasgow accent is quite endearing. :colondollar:
Original post by Abiraleft

Sitting through Sucker Punch (in a near deserted cinema, despite the fact that it was cheap day yesterday), all I could think about is how awful a Nolan-Snyder collaboration is going to end up. It would be like if Tarantino started financing Michael Bay films.

Original post by Abiraleft
My exams ended yesterday, so I want to watch a movie today. I'll have to shuffle through my recent acquisitions and see what I'm in the mood for. I might go with Sweet Sixteen, because I was pretty impressed by Martin Compston in Red Road. Also, the Glasgow accent is quite endearing. :colondollar:

Congrats!
Reply 818
Original post by Phalanges
Sitting through Sucker Punch (in a near deserted cinema, despite the fact that it was cheap day yesterday), all I could think about is how awful a Nolan-Snyder collaboration is going to end up. It would be like if Tarantino started financing Michael Bay films.

Congrats!

For the end of the exams? Thanks, but those were just the mocks - the real ones start next month. :tongue:

Incidentally, how is Sucker Punch? I've heard very varied comments/reviews about it.

Also, I'll be going to watch In a Better World - the winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Film - tomorrow. :biggrin:
Original post by cadaeibfeceh

Yep, I watched it last night. Those people are seriously nuts. It's shocking how they haven't been shut down by some higher power already - I don't think they'd be allowed to operate like they do in England... I understand that they have the right to free speech, but they're downright offensive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending