The Student Room Group

Guys: Taking a hint...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
This is why I always assume the girl is not interested unless she is really explicit with me, safest bet

Am fed up of the current attitude of a lot of girls at my uni, who behave as if you are some sort of rapist if you dare approach them if they aren't interested. The rejection is bad enough, let alone having to put up with all that sh*t.
Reply 101
Original post by lordash
This is why I always assume the girl is not interested unless she is really explicit with me, safest bet

Am fed up of the current attitude of a lot of girls at my uni, who behave as if you are some sort of rapist if you dare approach them if they aren't interested. The rejection is bad enough, let alone having to put up with all that sh*t.

i must admit girls can be a bit up themselves sometimes when all that's needed is a kind 'sorry i'm not interested, but i'm flattered you like me'..... but does a girl not seem a bit too full on if she goes all i really like you blah blah whatever it is she's trying to say?
Original post by emmi_lou
i must admit girls can be a bit up themselves sometimes when all that's needed is a kind 'sorry i'm not interested, but i'm flattered you like me'..... but does a girl not seem a bit too full on if she goes all i really like you blah blah whatever it is she's trying to say?

not really. unless she's ugly or very fat.
Reply 103
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
not really. unless she's ugly or very fat.

so i suppose it's your own personal preference
Reply 104

Well the trouble is, I suffer from the common problem shared by anyone who does science/mathematics/engineering -- that there is only one girl for every ten males. The few girls I know, I have known for ages as friends so it would just be weird to approach them (or they're taken). So I'm left with no alternative but to approach girls on nights out, hence a lot of the problems.

It seems I either get the "how dare you even THINK about approaching me" type response, or they string me along so they can get some free drinks, after which they drop me. Hence being overly cautious with these sort of things, up to the point where I just don't bother. Plus I HATE it when girls infer that someone is a stalker/pervert just because they message/talk to them a few times, but don't make it clear to the person that they aren't interested.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Pink Bullets
There's a solution to this: stop asking if they fancy meeting up. If they want to meet up, they'll ask you. If they never ask you, then you'll know that they just aren't bothered about seeing you. And you can stop wasting your time.

And what if the other person is thinking exactly the same! Both of you want to ask the other, but is too worried / scared to.

i'm a little confused byt he situation and am in limbo about what's going on..

Now you know what we feel like!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by WelshBluebird
And what if the other person is thinking exactly the same! Both of you want to ask the other, but is too worried / scared to.
QUOTE]

you have a point there....

The guy in this situation already knows that the girl wants to see him, because she asks every time. :confused: You really think a relationship (of any variety) should be one person making the effort 100% of the time?

And why would a guy be "worried/scared" to suggest meeting up with a girl who regularly suggests meeting up with him? :lolwut: That... doesn't seem likely.

WelshBluebird

When did we not? Men giving out mixed signals is not some new thing.
(edited 13 years ago)
this is my problem, i don't wanna make soo much effort it gets annoying so hope by dropping hints he'll make an effort to suggest things

been a bit slow getting round to answer this but if he's not willing to put any effort in i don't see how it can work. if it's just this that he's not putting the effort into then talk to him bluntly. i know i've been guilty of this before and not realised.
Reply 109
The guy in this situation already knows that the girl wants to see him, because she asks every time. :confused: You really think a relationship (of any variety) should be one person making the effort 100% of the time?

And why would a guy be "worried/scared" to suggest meeting up with a girl who regularly suggests meeting up with him? :lolwut: That... doesn't seem likely.

hadn't thought of it that way, you both have a point......

i agree that it shouldn't just be me making all the effort, and hoped that hinting would help but maybe not :banghead:

1 - I was talking about general situations. Quite often you'll get a situation where a person likes another person, but is too worried or nervous to do anything about it. That does not mean they are not interested.

2 - Its not the meeting up part. Its the part about "taking it further". I have no problems meeting up with female friends, I have quite a few. However, in the hypothetical situation that I was single and was interested in one of them, I would find it VERY hard to get the guts to push it any further. Even if she was trying to hint that she liked me.

3 - Women are much more confusing. They prefer to "hint" rather than actually say.
Reply 111
Women are much more confusing. They prefer to "hint" rather than actually say.

But we don't like to be too forward because this is often/sometimes met by a negative response, so hinting seems a better option as it avoids such a reaction.
Reply 112
As the title suggests, what's up with you guys and taking a hint??

If it's not "please leave me alone" or "i really want to see you" no matter how hard we try, you guys never seem to pick up on a hint.....

Is this down to just bad hint giving skills, or just an inability to recognise them???

Just leave now TBH
Reply 113
Original post by zKlown
Just leave now TBH

helpful :redface:
Forget hints, if you're interested in a bloke just tell him you like him and want to have lots of the sex. It's much quicker :wink:
Reply 115
Original post by Count Stefular
Forget hints, if you're interested in a bloke just tell him you like him and want to have lots of the sex. It's much quicker :wink:

have to keep that in mind haha :wink:
Reply 116
Original post by Dr Pressure
would you be able to answer my response, please?

was my response of any use by the way??

3 - Women are much more confusing. They prefer to "hint" rather than actually say.

How many men have you dated? I have seldom known a man to be straightforward about what he wants.
Original post by Count Stefular

This girls knows what she's talking about. :wink:
Reply 119
How many men have you dated? I have seldom known a man to be straightforward about what he wants.

very true :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending