The Student Room Group

Cameron says the rich must pay more tax

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Bloody hypocrite.
Reply 2

In Pakistan, yes I do agree with him and I personally would not want to be aiding them... we have our own problems to fix first and we are going to waste £650m over there... this annoys me greatly :angry:

If he wants to raise it here, he can **** right off.
In other news, Colonel Gaddafi tells the world to embrace democracy.
Original post by Democracy
Pot. Kettle. Black.

Bloody hypocrite.

Original post by Student2806
In other news, Colonel Gaddafi tells the world to embrace democracy.

My thoughts exactly.
Reply 5
Well thats pretty pointless seeing as higher tax rates tend to lead to lower amounts of revenue
Go to your (wife's) mansion Cameron, just go home, crawl up and piss off. The rich already have enough power without having their best buddy in government.
Reply 7
Can someone explain to me how the rich don't pay a fair amount of tax in this country? 50p in the £1 seems like a helluva lot to me.
Reply 8
For one... one moment there I genuinely thought Cameron wasn't such an absolute piece of motherlicking crap!

SO ANGRY !!!!

Right i'm calm. :frown:

Politics needs to be cleaned up in Pakistan, improvements to infrastructure; perhaps then a justifiable reason why people then can start paying tax.

He has a point here.

Original post by JW92
Can someone explain to me how the rich don't pay a fair amount of tax in this country? 50p in the £1 seems like a helluva lot to me.

I don't think it is a case "pot kettle black" here. The rich do pay tax as the above poster has highlighted. Sad that some people attacking those who have money- jealousy isn't a nice thing.
Reply 10
Although it may be controvertial, i think charity should start at home. I can see that Pakistan needs the aid we are putting into it but (and i do not know the figures so please correct me if i am wrong), we are probably putting more aid into pakistan than most countries. So i think we should be putting less aid in and concentrating on our own problems.

Secondly, i think it is a slight case of 'pot kettle black' as he is hitting the rich(in terms of tax) a bit more hard than i thought but still not enough.
I like how (nearly) everyone is missing the fact this is about Pakistan not Britain. Pakistan need their rich to pay tax otherwise they will forever be a not so nice place to live.
Reply 12
Original post by The_Male_Melons
I don't think it is a case "pot kettle black" here. The rich do pay tax as the above poster has highlighted. Sad that some people attacking those who have money- jealousy isn't a nice thing.

I think what people were getting at is Cameron and his party letting corporations such as Vodaphone off with millions of pounds of taxes.

Can't say I'm suprised one bit.
Reply 13
Original post by tehFrance
I like how (nearly) everyone is missing the fact this is about Pakistan not Britain. Pakistan need their rich to pay tax otherwise they will forever be a not so nice place to live.

The fact is that he is telling a country to pay its taxes when he isnt doing that himself.
Original post by kevR94
The fact is that he is telling a country to pay its taxes when he isnt doing that himself.

He doesn't dodge taxes, where did you get that BS from?
Reply 15
He doesn't dodge taxes, where did you get that BS from?

Not himself, he lets huge rich companies such as New Look and Vodafone off with their taxes. He cant tell someone to keep an eye on their taxes if he cant himself.
Original post by kevR94
Not himself, he lets huge rich companies such as New Look and Vodafone off with their taxes. He cant tell someone to keep an eye on their taxes if he cant himself.

Let me guess you are a Labourite?
Reply 17
Let me guess you are a Labourite?

Yes, to an extent. But he is letting big companies off with taxes. Previous PM's have done it so im not gonna say is just him. But he is a hypocrite.
Original post by JW92
50p in the £1 seems like a helluva lot to me.

Except it isn't that is it.
Its 50p in the £1 for everything over £150,000 (which is 6 times the average wage).
Reply 19
Doesn't Cameron defend non-dom status - something which allows the rich to legally dodge paying taxes? If he was actually bothered, he would have got rid of that one legal loophole for a start. But then he's an almighty hypocrite, and a huge ****, so I shouldn't expect too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending