The Student Room Group

Examples of White + Chinese mixed babies/children/adults?

I'm curious.. obviously there will be a mix of both races, but what do they tend to look like? I read that they tend to look very Oriental when they are young but as they grow up they tend to look more White after puberty. Does that have any truth?

Here's a guy whose videos I've watched for ages on YouTube (even though they're awful), he's a White guy in China.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wuxiandis#p/u/11/EWYUQsQidRw

I think his kid looks Chinese but Chinese people (who live in China) would say that he looks White, so do we just notice foreign things more easily?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who cares?

Got yellow fever too?
M boyfriends half white and half chinese
Reply 3
It really depends on the person. Both Karen Mok and Alexa Chung are biracial, but they look very different.
Karen Mok

Alexa Chung
I once knew a guy who had two chinese parents and thought he wasn't chinese but then I pointed out that two Wongs don't make a White.
Original post by Selkarn
I'm curious.. obviously there will be a mix of both races, but what do they tend to look like? I read that they tend to look very Oriental when they are young but as they grow up they tend to look more White after puberty. Does that have any truth?

Here's a guy whose videos I've watched for ages on YouTube (even though they're awful), he's a White guy in China.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wuxiandis#p/u/11/EWYUQsQidRw

I think his kid looks Chinese but Chinese people (who live in China) would say that he looks White, so do we just notice foreign things more easily?

My best friend is half french half filipino.
You can tell he is asian but he also kind of isn't... Bigger eyes, more pouty lips. With the wide asian cheekbones and jet black hair it makes for a very sexy combination.
Reply 6
Original post by johndoranglasgow
I once knew a guy who had two chinese parents and thought he wasn't chinese but then I pointed out that two Wongs don't make a White.

HHahahHah
there is a chinese woman in my course who is married to a caucasian guy with blue eyes and blond hair.

they have two young sons - and both of them have very pale white skin, yet have the mother's oriental eyes (with a hazel colour) and black hair. i think the contrast between their pale skin and dark eyes and hair looks very striking :}
Reply 8
Original post by Dogatonic
It really depends on the person. Both Karen Mok and Alexa Chung are biracial, but they look very different.
Karen Mok

Alexa Chung

That's a bit of a null comparison, if wikipedia is anything to go by. The top is 1/2 Chinese, 1/4 Iranian and 1/4 White, whilst the bottom is 3/4 White and 1/4 Chinese.
Reply 9
I'm half Italian and half Thai, in thailand they see me as a foreigner, in Italy they see me as asian, can be annoying sometimes cause you don't really know where you belong.
Reply 10

Kristin Kreuk is a perfect example, she's white/Chinese and one of the most beautiful women in the world in my opinion.

Another example is Elizabeth Tan -

Reply 11
Original post by Nickbotto
I'm half Italian and half Thai, in thailand they see me as a foreigner, in Italy they see me as asian, can be annoying sometimes cause you don't really know where you belong.

Got a picture? :tongue:
Kristin Kreuk :sogood:
Original post by HumanNature1992
Kristin Kreuk :sogood:

Damn right..
Reply 14
Original post by anti-duck
-

I'm no biologist, can anyone explain why the top one has non-brown/black eyes?
I think these are mixed race:

Half Chinese, half portuguese
Original post by mintmocha

Half Chinese, half portuguese

Hi,

is that you ?

:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by ibysaiyan
Hi,

is that you ?

:smile:

It's Simone Heng :p:
A guy I know married a Chinese girl and they have a baby and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen (and I normally don't think babies are cute at all, half of them look like wrinkly potatoes. But this one is gorgeous.)

Quick Reply

Latest