The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 & 2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Doing some digging around :teeth:

(Would also like that. Maybe even what others routes/experiments to immortality Voldemort had done - he mentioned in GoF that one or two of his experiments worked. Or even how the Marauders made the map, or became Animagi).

April 2008, Rowling stated she had "recently" begun work on the project
September 2009 - "The encyclopedia simply remains something Ms. Rowling would like to complete sometime in the future.

To be fair, she is working on several non-Potter projects, but still must be quite along. Its been 3 years since the first statement. :teeth:

Indeed.. Indeed.

And that picture you posted on my profile makes me so nostalgic. It almost hurts!:frown:
I've been almost exactly the same age as the trio /character throughout all the films. I can't believe it's ending! Merlin's beard...

Philosopher's Stone- 10
Chamber of Secrets- 11
Prisoner of Azkaban- 13
Goblet of Fire- 14
Order of the Phoenix- 16
Half Blood Prince- 18 (would have been 17 had they not delayed it)
Deathly Hallows part I: 19
Deathly Hallows part II: 20
Original post by Luceria
I've been almost exactly the same age as the trio /character throughout all the films. I can't believe it's ending! Merlin's beard...

Philosopher's Stone- 10
Chamber of Secrets- 11
Prisoner of Azkaban- 13
Goblet of Fire- 14
Order of the Phoenix- 16
Half Blood Prince- 18 (would have been 17 had they not delayed it)
Deathly Hallows part I: 19
Deathly Hallows part II: 20

I'm a year younger than you :smile:

We truly are the kinda age where Harry Potter has been our life! I remember in final year of primary school, a girl got really told off by a teacher for announcing to the class that Sirius died...
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'm a year younger than you :smile:

We truly are the kinda age where Harry Potter has been our life! I remember in final year of primary school, a girl got really told off by a teacher for announcing to the class that Sirius died...

1992? Cool.

Yes, we're the "Harry Potter generation". Late teens- 20's. It therefore annoys me when only small kids who weren't even born when Philosopher's Stone was released, are the ones who get invited to events like... The opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter *grumbles* :s-smilie:.

10-20 ... it's really quite special. Half my life! Deary me. Haha, that's brilliant!
Original post by Luceria
1992? Cool.

Yes, we're the "Harry Potter generation". Late teens- 20's. It therefore annoys me when only small kids who weren't even born when Philosopher's Stone was released, are the ones who get invited to events like... The opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter *grumbles* :s-smilie:.

10-20 ... it's really quite special. Half my life! Deary me. Haha, that's brilliant!

1992 indeed :smile: yeah it's been over half of my life that I've been obsessed with it, crazy times!!

I cannot wait to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter...unfortunately my dad never got into the books, so shot it down as a holiday idea...
1992 indeed :smile: yeah it's been over half of my life that I've been obsessed with it, crazy times!!

I cannot wait to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter...unfortunately my dad never got into the books, so shot it down as a holiday idea...

Indeed. I don't want it to end!

I really want to go. But now that they're opening Leavesden Studios for the public in 2012, I say screw the Wizarding world for now! I must go. And I'm rather jealous of people who live in England now.
Original post by Luceria
Indeed. I don't want it to end!

I really want to go. But now that they're opening Leavesden Studios for the public in 2012, I say screw the Wizarding world for now! I must go. And I'm rather jealous of people who live in England now.

When it ends I'll cry. Like proper inconsolable crying!

Then I'll probably decide to get preggers and have kids so that I can share the magic :tongue:
When it ends I'll cry. Like proper inconsolable crying!

Then I'll probably decide to get preggers and have kids so that I can share the magic :tongue:

I'm afraid how I'll react in the cinema, haha.

Are you going to Leavesden studios then?
Original post by Luceria
I'm afraid how I'll react in the cinema, haha.

Are you going to Leavesden studios then?

I'll definitely be in floods of tears, especially if film is a let down!

Yep, I live ridiculously close so I'll be there like a keen bean!
I'll definitely be in floods of tears, especially if film is a let down!

Yep, I live ridiculously close so I'll be there like a keen bean!

I've read some pretty upsetting things though. Stupid spoilers.. meh.

Ridiculously close? Watford, Hertfordshire.... Damn you :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Luceria
I've read some pretty upsetting things though. Stupid spoilers.. meh.

Ridiculously close? Watford, Hertfordshire.... Damn you :tongue:

Don't tell me the spoilers!!

Well maybe not ridiculously close, but about hour drive :smile:
Don't tell me the spoilers!!

Well maybe not ridiculously close, but about hour drive :smile:

I won't!

Lucky you! :awesome:
Original post by Luceria
I won't!

Lucky you! :awesome:

As soon as tickets are available I'll book to go =D then I'll be a total tourist, massive camera and all! :ahee:
As soon as tickets are available I'll book to go =D then I'll be a total tourist, massive camera and all! :ahee:

I wonder how far in advance you have to order. I know it'll be a little "costly".
And how many people there will be in the groups.

They must allow pictures and cameras! Or else... Well I'll Crucio them.
Original post by Luceria
I wonder how far in advance you have to order. I know it'll be a little "costly".
And how many people there will be in the groups.

They must allow pictures and cameras! Or else... Well I'll Crucio them.

I'll sectumsempra them (always thought the longer spells sounded more deadly cos, y'know they're longer lol!)

Indeed, I really hope they put the prices in galleons just for jokes (I'm SUCH a loser) I reckon they'll shove as many in as possible, but being at uni I can go at odd times (my term times are different to school term times so hopefully would avoid school groups!)
I'll sectumsempra them (always thought the longer spells sounded more deadly cos, y'know they're longer lol!)

Indeed, I really hope they put the prices in galleons just for jokes (I'm SUCH a loser) I reckon they'll shove as many in as possible, but being at uni I can go at odd times (my term times are different to school term times so hopefully would avoid school groups!)

I've read one tour is 3 hours.. Which sounds "too good to be true".. What if you're only 3 people? You can't go then?

Haha, indeed! Galleons confuse me. The money system. I was actually trying to figure it out the other day. Haha. Jo isn't very good at Maths, and I'm certainly not!
I am so nervous about going to see this film because I know I'm going to be in pieces at the end of it. The HP series has been a huge part of growing up for me :frown:

Snape's death is actually going to destroy me.
Original post by rainbow drops
I am so nervous about going to see this film because I know I'm going to be in pieces at the end of it. The HP series has been a huge part of growing up for me :frown:

Snape's death is actually going to destroy me.

They've changed Snape's death a little. Which isn't a spoiler, but a mere warning. But it'll be heartbreaking.
Original post by Luceria

Original post by Luceria
They've changed Snape's death a little. Which isn't a spoiler, but a mere warning. But it'll be heartbreaking.

:frown:

I'm going to have to stay in the cinema for ages before walking outside, to allow my face to recuperate from all the crying :frown:

It will actually be the end of an era. I may read all the books again to prolong it :smile:
Original post by Luceria
I've read one tour is 3 hours.. Which sounds "too good to be true".. What if you're only 3 people? You can't go then?

Haha, indeed! Galleons confuse me. The money system. I was actually trying to figure it out the other day. Haha. Jo isn't very good at Maths, and I'm certainly not!

3 hours of bliss!!

Original post by Luceria

WHAT?! But but but but but...it was SOOO good... if they've tampered with "The Prince's Tale" the **** will hit the fan :devil3:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending