The Student Room Group

If you want the royal family, you pay for them

Scroll to see replies

The royal family live off the state, but they do quite a bit of charity work and bring a huge amount of money into the country through tourism.
Reply 101
Original post by Manitude
:u:

I find it hilarious that someone who only knows me through ~3 posts on the internet can have any idea about my intelligence. :lol:

You said, and actually believe, that you've never paid a penny of tax. That gives me a damn good insight into your intelligence. Is your IQ around 30?
Original post by Selkarn
You said you've never paid a penny of tax. :rofl: :rofl:

I've never worked. All of my bank accounts which earn interest are tax free.
Therefore I've never paid tax.

I am of course referring to income tax. Not VAT, which is probably what you're thinking of.
Original post by MalingaTheSlinga

That's such a crap prog.
Reply 104
I don't know for sure... but do they really live off the state?

I mean, they have a heck of a lot of land, they are probably generating a decent revenue from that? They inherited that, its no different from lord <insertNameHere> or whoever down the road inheriting his house from his parents.
Reply 105
Original post by Manitude
I am of course referring to income tax. Not VAT, which is probably what you're thinking of.

He realises his mistake, then tries to correct himself a few posts later by saying "of course, I don't mean X, I mean Y" :rofl:

Added to ignore list, I have no time for sore losers.

"Ignore List
Manitude
Check / Uncheck All
"
:biggrin:
Original post by Selkarn
The level of intelligence on this forum really does baffle me.

Are you some sort of machine? Or are you unable to think of unorginal responses whenever someone questions you?

Original post by Selkarn
You are seeing implications that don't exist. I don't think Muslims at the moment are plotting to overthrow the monarchy. I simply think that if Muslims became an overwhelming majority in the UK, the monarchy would be overthrown. It's really not too difficult to understand.

I can't answer questions if you don't ask them - I'm not a mind reader.

I asked you how muslims related to the royal family and your dissatisfaction with the taxes surrounding them, you instead answered with a question and then said that it was relevant but didn't answer how. I then asked you how, and you proceeded to try and make yourself look intellectually superior in a rather petty way by increasing the font size, which still explained nothing. I then asked you why muslims would explicitly want the monarchy gone and you completely ignored the question and started picking apart an earlier quote and generally being pedantic. I have asked you about 5 questions and you have answered none of them. Do you actually know what a question is?

Perhaps I need to ask again, but do so in a way that you can understand:

Why would Muslims want the monarchy gone (especially as they have no official power or authority) and how does their hypothetically overthrowing them relate in any way to your dissatisfaction with the taxing methods surrounding them?
Reply 107
Original post by Mm_Minty
-

I'll read your post when you calm down and write in normal sized font like civilized people do.
Original post by Selkarn
I'll read your post when you calm down and write in normal sized font like civilized people do.

ahahahahahahaha

Well done

:congrats:
Original post by Selkarn

Fail.
Reply 110
Edited the OP with more information on Islam and the monarchy :rofl:
Reply 111
Original post by Keckers
The royal family are actually a profitable enterprise.

They cost 7.8 million pounds a year and create about 5 million pounds profit from tourism etc.

Why is money so important enough for them to kept?
The monarchy is hardly parasitic, they give a lot to the country. And I know a lot of Muslims that like the monarchy. I even have a Pakistani friend who's mom has a picture of the Queen in her kitchen.

Another ridiculous Selkarn thread based upon assumptions, generalizations, and a misunderstanding of the word 'bigot'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending