The Student Room Group

Serious lack of patience! Clingy/not?

One of my male friends said I could see him during the Easter holidays around a fortnight ago, I text him yesterday asking if he'd picked a day and he said, no not yet because he was unsure of his work rota and would let me know either yesterday or today. I text him back a few hours later asking how work was going, he replied, but then ignored my response and I am yet to hear from him.

I'm very conscious of appearing clingy/too eager but at the same time, uni ends in early June and then he will be 300 miles away and I am unlikely to ever see him properly again so I want to make the most of the time we have left.

Realistically, I was going to give him till late tomorrow night/thursday before texting again asking if he knew which day he was free but another part of me feels this is a no-go and I should wait for him??

What would you do?
Reply 1
House's Diagnosis: Common case of whotextsfirst-itus.
Reply 2
I think if youre just friends, you risk looking like youre up for more if you text again, depending on how long you've known him? You should just wait for him to get back to you,if he does then great, if not then maybe he's busy/not that up for seeing you?
Reply 3
Original post by petitflam
I think if youre just friends, you risk looking like youre up for more if you text again, depending on how long you've known him? You should just wait for him to get back to you,if he does then great, if not then maybe he's busy/not that up for seeing you?

We've had a friends with benefits set up for a year or 2 which is why i'm probably more eager than if our relationship was purely platonic.
Reply 4
Original post by lauraa1
We've had a friends with benefits set up for a year or 2 which is why i'm probably more eager than if our relationship was purely platonic.

and you want more (bf)? or not?
Reply 5
Original post by petitflam
and you want more (bf)? or not?

I'd love that but i've admitted my feelings in the past and he's a commitment phobe so it would never work out. It's a shame as I feel we would be good together. I still haven't heard from him :/

Quick Reply

Latest