The Student Room Group

Is 6 months a big age gap?

Scroll to see replies

How old are you? :facepalm:
Yeah ok guys I actually wasn't trollin'

My friend was telling me today it was wierd, so I guess i get paranoid too easily but yeah ok.
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
Depends, if you're legal and he's not then it might be a bit naughty. Other than that,. get over yourself

i don't think there's normally the same reaction to underage boys but if this isn't what op's possible problem with she has got to be trolling surely
Reply 23
When my sister was 20 her boyfriend was 49.

Six months is nothing!
Reply 24
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS OF COURSE 6 WHOLE MONTHS IS TOO MUCH. You're practically from different generations. I'm sorry, but you'll be old and wrinkly while he's still a spring chicken. I think you should end it. :frown:
Original post by TheLastDaysOfDisco
Haha ok maybe i'm a bit too bothered about it then :smile:

Similar thing happened to me...we both thought he was older... and then he started acting weird...and he was only a few months younger:rolleyes:

I dont assume anyones age anymore :tongue:
Six months? I'm not having any problems with my boyfriend who's nearly 10 years older than me. Six months is nothing!!
Yeah ok guys I actually wasn't trollin'

My friend was telling me today it was wierd, so I guess i get paranoid too easily but yeah ok.

The only way it might be weird is if he's the year below you at school or college, and is particularly immature. But if he was particularly immature, the weirdness would be down to his personality, not the 6 month age gap.
Reply 28
6 months?! Are you actually kidding??!!!

Original post by Cicerao
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS OF COURSE 6 WHOLE MONTHS IS TOO MUCH. You're practically from different generations. I'm sorry, but you'll be old and wrinkly while he's still a spring chicken. I think you should end it. :frown:

LMAO!
Reply 29
6 months is nothing LOL.
Reply 30
baby snatcher
Reply 31
Ewww! You sick person! How dare you go after someone who's SO much younger than you! Ugh, age gaps should not exist. Everyone who's in a relationship should be birthday buddies too otherwise it's just disgusting!

Spoiler

Erm so basically there is a guy who really likes me, i'm not 100% sure how I feel about him yet. The main thing that's holding me back is that he's 6 months younger than me. I don't know, i've just always had this thing about younger guys. He's still in my year, does anyone think that it really matters that much? I'm not sure if I have something about what other people would think, I don't know. I wondered what TSRians thought about a six month age gap. I'm a girl btw :smile:

Edit: btw I meant because it's the guy being younger than the girl. Like if it was the other way around I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. I know that's really cliche and sexist but I don't like the girl being younger. But yeah ok i'll stop being paranoid now and 'get over myself' thanks.

It is not even remotely an age gap to be concerned about.
Reply 33
lmao, the things people think these days.
Reply 34
OP is ~12 years old.
Reply 35
I'll bet you wouldnt think twice about dating a guy 6 months older. Double standards, anyone?
6 months isn't even an 'age gap' - especially if you're in the same year at school!
Um, lol?
No, not at all.
Reply 38
Just wasted 2 minutes of my life
Reply 39
Hell no. My boyfriend's five months younger than me; age-wise, he's closer to the age of many of the people in the lower year group, but that's irrelevant to me. A friend of mine (who is seventeen) is going out with a guy who's ten years older than she is. So, really, six months is nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending