The Student Room Group

How can I tell him?

I had big fears of intimacy and my boyfriend has ended the relationship. I have realised I need to tell him something happened in my childhood as I can't leave it knowing he never knew. He has gone abroad to think and won't be back till Sunday. What should I do?
Tell him when he gets back.

/thread
i swear we had a thread pretty much identical to this a couple of days ago.

basically tell him when he gets back. i imagine he still cares/respects you enough to be supportive. but don't expect to get back together.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I had big fears of intimacy and my boyfriend has ended the relationship. I have realised I need to tell him something happened in my childhood as I can't leave it knowing he never knew. He has gone abroad to think and won't be back till Sunday. What should I do?

i'd leave him whilst he's abroad, give him time to think, then tell him when he gets back...
1 + 1 = your solution
Reply 5
I know he was miserable for a while, he keeps posting on Facebook on what a good time he is having but if he was why does he having to keep telling everyone. I feel sick when he posts he is getting drunk but I don't know if he is drinking everyday because of his problems and depression. I left my phone at home all day today so I didn't check it. Would he sleep with or kiss someone? My friends tell me he won't as he will be upset too and he promised me he wouldn't mess around.
Reply 6
I know he was miserable for a while, he keeps posting on Facebook on what a good time he is having but if he was why does he having to keep telling everyone. I feel sick when he posts he is getting drunk but I don't know if he is drinking everyday because of his problems and depression. I left my phone at home all day today so I didn't check it. Would he sleep with or kiss someone? My friends tell me he won't as he will be upset too and he promised me he wouldn't mess around.

not to sound rude, but it sounds like you have more than intimacy issues but trust issues too...

if you respect him, then you've got to trust him when he says he won't play around..
Reply 7
Original post by emmi_lou
not to sound rude, but it sounds like you have more than intimacy issues but trust issues too...

if you respect him, then you've got to trust him when he says he won't play around..

Thanks emmi_lou, I know you are right as without trust it is pointless. I'm sure he might be thinking the same too but would trust me.
Reply 8
Thanks emmi_lou, I know you are right as without trust it is pointless. I'm sure he might be thinking the same too but would trust me.

glad to be of help, pm me if you need any more advice :smile:
Reply 9
why did he end it?give him his own space and then when he's back tell him you want to talk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending