The Student Room Group

Football Manager 2011 won't load after first time

Right, I have tried this on FM10 and FM11 in the past few days...

When I originally install the game it opens automatically as part of the installation, loads up and works fine; when i then come back to it for the second time and insert the desk nothing comes up... I then went to 'start' searched football manager, found the programme, clicked it and it came up with a box asking what programme to use to open it but all the programmes in the list are either obviously incorrect or I have tried them and they don't work... The other option which is to search the internet for the appropriate programme brings up some stuff about it being a '.lnk' file so i don't really know... When i click auto run on the disk drive it quickly comes up with a loading sign but nothing happens, i even opened up task manager to see if it was actually doing anything and its not... I originally installed it not using steam as I find it slows down the computer more than the disk and it just drives me mad... How do you generally load up the game from the disk for the second time and what is the problem?

I have already checked and the laptop does exceed the minimum requirements to run the game (obviously it is fine to run it as it ran it the first time). I basically just can't start it up again... Thankyou for any help.
You're better off asking in the FM soc mate
Reply 3
Original post by Karma Charger
You're better off asking in the FM soc mate
*shrugs* I check all of Gaming, so there's no real need :smile:

Original post by ASaxby04
Right, I have tried this on FM10 and FM11 in the past few days...

When I originally install the game it opens automatically as part of the installation, loads up and works fine; when i then come back to it for the second time and insert the desk nothing comes up... I then went to 'start' searched football manager, found the programme, clicked it and it came up with a box asking what programme to use to open it but all the programmes in the list are either obviously incorrect or I have tried them and they don't work... The other option which is to search the internet for the appropriate programme brings up some stuff about it being a '.lnk' file so i don't really know... When i click auto run on the disk drive it quickly comes up with a loading sign but nothing happens, i even opened up task manager to see if it was actually doing anything and its not... I originally installed it not using steam as I find it slows down the computer more than the disk and it just drives me mad... How do you generally load up the game from the disk for the second time and what is the problem?

I have already checked and the laptop does exceed the minimum requirements to run the game (obviously it is fine to run it as it ran it the first time). I basically just can't start it up again... Thankyou for any help.
Go directly to the game's installation path. You're not using Steam so by default this is C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\fm.exe
Run that file.

If you still have problems, post again and I'll have a think about what the issue might be :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest