The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent - leniency with offers?

Okay, I've firmed Kent now. But I'm petrified with the offer. It's 320 points, so effectively ABB and it is for a joint honours in English Language and English and American Lit. Anyone know how lenient they are with their offers if by some chance I slip up a grade an receive BBB? simply out of curiosity.
Reply 1
Soooo many people I know on my course (ABB/AAB/AAA) got in with pretty **** grades through clearing. This is for Psychology, one of Kent's best known departments.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
I was offered ABC and got BBC. then again I was 1 UMS of an a in philosophy, mahybe that was taken into account
Reply 3
It depends on the course, but I got through on clearing (for Multimedia Tech) with CDD. And there are plenty of other people on my course with slightly crappy grades, but it really depends on course popularity. Plus you have to contend with all the extra people trying to get a cheaper deal this year before the fees go up.
Reply 4
Does anyone have any information with the leniency in Law?
Original post by JJJ3
Okay, I've firmed Kent now. But I'm petrified with the offer. It's 320 points, so effectively ABB and it is for a joint honours in English Language and English and American Lit. Anyone know how lenient they are with their offers if by some chance I slip up a grade an receive BBB? simply out of curiosity.

I got in for English and American Literature through Clearing with BBB. If they turn you down on your official offer, apply for the same course through Clearing and you'll probably get in.
Reply 6
Original post by cinnamon442
I got in for English and American Literature through Clearing with BBB. If they turn you down on your official offer, apply for the same course through Clearing and you'll probably get in.

Ohh that's good :smile: Do you know if it would be the same for a joint honours? Out of curiosity. I don't actually expect you to know. Thanks a lot. However, I'm worried that me declining my insurance choice to go to clearing could take a long time. Was this a problem for you?
Reply 7
Depends. I missed my offer last September and was basically told they were rejecting anyone and everyone who missed their offer by any mark.
No idea. Depends on whether your course is popular or not I think. I originally applied for English and American Literature with Creative Writing and got turned down for that because they didn't have a sample of my work, and then went for English and American Literature with an Approved Year Abroad which they accepted me for. Then just changed to a straight 3 year degree in my second year. Phone them and find out would be my recommendation. School of English seem to be pretty good with offers though.

As for Clearing, I phoned Kent at about 1pm and had my offer by 3pm the same day, so it wasn't too long of a wait, but I would STRONGLY advise that you get prepared before results so you can do it all from the school. You've got more chance if you get in there when they're just starting to receive phone calls, and losing time while you get home could make it a bit more difficult and mean you wait longer.
Reply 9
Original post by aliluvschoc

Original post by aliluvschoc
Soooo many people I know on my course (ABB/AAB/AAA) got in with pretty **** grades through clearing. This is for Psychology, one of Kent's best known departments.

Outta curiousity - What qualifies as 'pretty **** grades'?
Reply 10
Okay, just looked over my offer conditions and it says this;

"You will be required to provide official verification of your results if you accept the offer."

So does this mean I will have to send them my certificates? Why won't Kent have my grades sent to them from UCAS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending