The Student Room Group

2012 - veterinary re-applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jacko111
In RVC accommodation in campden, do you have to pack up all your things each holiday or can you stay and/or leave your stuff in your room? Is there lots on in freshers week and is it expensive to buy tickets for events during freshers? :smile:

think you've quoted the wrong person there... :wink:
I am actually considering this embryo veterinary school course... seems real good :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by Irishguy2K10
I am actually considering this embryo veterinary school course... seems real good :smile:

What's that? I haven't heard of it :frown:
Reply 63
anyone on this thread thought about doing a degree abroad as its still not too late to apply for 2011 entry..im in a dilemma to do a degree abroad, re-apply next year or take another degree i have been offered then do veterinary after
Original post by dol:)

[QUOTE=dol[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];30708017]What's that? I haven't heard of it :frown:

Its like a 3 day course that has a lot of animal practicals and theories... sure look at the website...
http://www.embryovets.com/
Original post by jayman22

Whats course have you been offered abroad ?
U would need to consider the fees abroad compared to taking a gap year here and maybe having a part/full time job and earning cash for next year....... the degree abroad is 3 years I take it. So maybe reapply this year and see if you get any offers instead of going abroad and doing a degree.
During my first and second time application I have received an offer for bioveterinary...... I honestly have been thinking about doing this.... but I have a good paying job atm and have earned plenty of money on my gap year...so I am going to give it another shot instead of doing biovet,

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by schizopear
i don't suppose you know how many graduates there are on the five year course?

Yep :smile: Acc. Vet Med:
Applications 258
Interviews 171
Offers 121
Enrolments 54

But...this is for 2010 entry (so the year I'm in) and quite a few of the 54 enrolments are american students, prob about 20 to half-ish of the number. So I don't know how many of the applications/interviews/offers were also american, so applying differently to UK applicants.

Original post by jacko111
In RVC accommodation in campden, do you have to pack up all your things each holiday or can you stay and/or leave your stuff in your room? Is there lots on in freshers week and is it expensive to buy tickets for events during freshers? :smile:

College Grove is a 48 week contract and Mary B is a 50 week contract, both running september to august, so you don't have to move anything out. There are a fair few people still in London now (easter holiday) doing placements here, since they are still paying for the flat anyway.

Fresher's week - normally an event every evening and something during the day as well. Prices depend on what the event is, the meet and greet was at a wetherspoons (RVC only night) and was I think £3, whereas there was a river cruise night on the river thames which was more (£10 I think). Depending on how much you are likely to go to you can buy a wristband, which is cheaper if you are going to a lot of things.
Reply 67
Original post by kookabura
Yep :smile: Acc. Vet Med:
Applications 258
Interviews 171
Offers 121
Enrolments 54

But...this is for 2010 entry (so the year I'm in) and quite a few of the 54 enrolments are american students, prob about 20 to half-ish of the number. So I don't know how many of the applications/interviews/offers were also american, so applying differently to UK applicants.

sorry, i meant do you know how many graduates are doing the normal five year course, not the accelerated course... thank you! :smile:
Reply 68
Whats course have you been offered abroad ?
U would need to consider the fees abroad compared to taking a gap year here and maybe having a part/full time job and earning cash for next year....... the degree abroad is 3 years I take it. So maybe reapply this year and see if you get any offers instead of going abroad and doing a degree.
During my first and second time application I have received an offer for bioveterinary...... I honestly have been thinking about doing this.... but I have a good paying job atm and have earned plenty of money on my gap year...so I am going to give it another shot instead of doing biovet,

Hope this helps. :smile:

ive been offered a biotech degree in the uk for 2011 entry, but i can still apply to do a 6 year vet degree in europe for 2011 entry which would still work out cheaper than doing a uk vet degree for 2012 entry with the fees/possibly grades going up...

ive been offered a biotech degree in the uk for 2011 entry, but i can still apply to do a 6 year vet degree in europe for 2011 entry which would still work out cheaper than doing a uk vet degree for 2012 entry with the fees/possibly grades going up...

ooo I dont know anything about biotech so I cant really comment. But, you should definitely apply for the 6 year vet degree..... what university is this ??
sorry, i meant do you know how many graduates are doing the normal five year course, not the accelerated course... thank you! :smile:

Don't know I'm afraid. People who meet the entry req's for G&T are automatically looked at for that course, and people who don't are looked at for the 5yr along with all the other applicants with Btecs, IB, Alevels etc etc, so no difference is made with grads applying for the 5 yr course as far as I know, just looked at along with everyone else.
Reply 71
think you've quoted the wrong person there... :wink:

ooooooooops!:biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by kookabura
Don't know I'm afraid. People who meet the entry req's for G&T are automatically looked at for that course, and people who don't are looked at for the 5yr along with all the other applicants with Btecs, IB, Alevels etc etc, so no difference is made with grads applying for the 5 yr course as far as I know, just looked at along with everyone else.

ah ok, thank you!
Reply 73
Its like a 3 day course that has a lot of animal practicals and theories... sure look at the website...
http://www.embryovets.com/

i've booked this for the 23rd september... :smile: is anyone else going then?
Original post by jayy...(:

i've booked this for the 23rd september... :smile: is anyone else going then?

I might do it in July.... so I can have my application in nice and early this year :smile:
Reply 75
I might do it in July.... so I can have my application in nice and early this year :smile:

That's a good idea! I'm in South Africa then though, so can't do it! :/
Reply 76
ooo I dont know anything about biotech so I cant really comment. But, you should definitely apply for the 6 year vet degree..... what university is this ??

The biotech course is something I'm using as another option at the moment though obviously not the course I want to do but I could still potentially do a vet degree as a graduate after, the one abroad is the UVM kosice that there is a thread about on here but there are also a few others though I havent looked into them yet. This seems the one that is most talked about

That's a good idea! I'm in South Africa then though, so can't do it! :/

OO, what r u doing in South Africa??

The biotech course is something I'm using as another option at the moment though obviously not the course I want to do but I could still potentially do a vet degree as a graduate after, the one abroad is the UVM kosice that there is a thread about on here but there are also a few others though I havent looked into them yet. This seems the one that is most talked about

OOO, well, its worth a shot applying to that vet school... so u know the applications- acceptance ratios and do they interview ??
Reply 79
OOO, well, its worth a shot applying to that vet school... so u know the applications- acceptance ratios and do they interview ??

I'm still yet to find out their stats but you have to take a bio and chem entrance exam, no interview fr what I've heard . The spec is on their website and it's seems to be all a level topics. I'd expect there to be a lower level of competiton than for uk vet schools..that's something for HannahUVM to answer ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending