The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Original post by Maya1234
Can't make my mind up on where to go, it's between

LSE: Management (N203) AAB
Nottingham: Economics (L100) AAA

I know grade wise it would be pretty obvious to firm Nottingham and insurance LSE, however i like both course structure a lot, like both universities so cannot really differentiate. Therefore I guess it's going to have to come down to future prospects and career options. Which do you think is better?

both are really good to be honest.. depends what you want to study! if your really into econ then go for that but otherwise i'd say LSE has an amazing name.. also where would you want to live? take everything into account then make a decision :smile: but congrats on writing your personal statement for such different degrees! they can be really picky sometimes if they think you're not applying for the same thing everywhere!
Original post by Iqbal007
Well i applied for eco at City, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Brunel, they all gave me an offer in a month.
And applied at LSE for eco and eco history, but got rejected.
Its probably your personal statement that went wrong, because academically your fine, try and email these uni's and find out why they rejected you then look at other uni's who may go through adjustment or clearing or extra.

I'm not sure if it was my PS because the head on econ and my tutor, an english teacher, checked it and no university has said there was anything wrong with it.
i'm still waiting on Warwick so hopefully that will turn out well :biggrin:
also I don't know why your comment got neg repped, but it wasn't me because i know you're just trying to be helpful :biggrin:
Original post by lemonade789
I'm not sure if it was my PS because the head on econ and my tutor, an english teacher, checked it and no university has said there was anything wrong with it.
also I don't know why your comment got neg repped, but it wasn't me because i know you're just trying to be helpful :biggrin:

I might know why, it probably because you applied to Cambridge, and as your deadline is earlier the other universities can tell that you have applied, seeing your predicitions they may have thought you would never choose them. Like for example my mate got into Cambridge but rejected for Imperial. To be honest there are a lot of haters on TSR, but thats life. And also you should try contacting universities that are in extra for economics, as they may have a place for someone with your grades, look at southampton, birmingham, kent , soas, edinburgh :smile:
Reply 2203
Original post by mlsdbk
Leeds or york uni for insurance.. they both want similar ib grades. I know York arguably has a better reputation as a uni but i know that leeds is very very good for economics hence this year they ask for aaa and that their econ department is really big with good teaching and facilities.. however i still can't decide.. any ideas ??

what is the ib offer like?
Reply 2204

I know grade wise it would be pretty obvious to firm Nottingham and insurance LSE, however i like both course structure a lot, like both universities so cannot really differentiate. Therefore I guess it's going to have to come down to future prospects and career options. Which do you think is better?

Did you write a PS about both management and econ? It's incredible that you got into both LSE and Nottingham if it was focused on just one subject!
Reply 2205
Warwick offerrr :biggrin:
Original post by pinggor
Warwick offerrr :biggrin:

awesome, well done! I'm still waiting on them :s-smilie:
What are you predicted? (if you don't mind)
Reply 2207
Original post by Shaneel
Did you write a PS about both management and econ? It's incredible that you got into both LSE and Nottingham if it was focused on just one subject!

yeah i was really worried about my personal statement before I sent it off. I wrote mainly about Economics, but tried to put in management hear and there, especially in my work experience part. Nottingham and Birmingham accepted me for straight economics, but i got a rejection from UCL with the reason being that regrettably my personal statement didn't show enough commitment to the course, so fair enough.
Reply 2208

Hmm I think you should choose on what you're more interested in. LSE is tempting because of the networking and possible future careers but remember this sort of reputation is obtainable from a masters in economics at a top institution afterwards, and it's not as if Nottingham is a bad university for economics, quite the opposite in fact. I'd go for Economics but that's because I don't want to compromise on content for prospects
Reply 2209
Bristol or Exeter???

I CANT DECIDE!!!
Reply 2210
Original post by Booshak
Bristol or Exeter???

I CANT DECIDE!!!

Bristol in every way!!!!
Original post by Booshak
Bristol or Exeter???

I CANT DECIDE!!!

Fillet steak or penguin turd???

I CANT DECIDE!!!
Reply 2212
Original post by Brian Butterfield
Fillet steak or penguin turd???

I CANT DECIDE!!!

Hmm. Is this a hilarious and witty way of telling me that I am being stupid and should ofcourse go to Bristol? If so I like it....
Original post by Booshak
Hmm. Is this a hilarious and witty way of telling me that I am being stupid and should ofcourse go to Bristol? If so I like it....

Bristol is kewl :biggrin:
Reply 2214
Course: L100 Economics
University: Warwick
Offer: A*AA

:biggrin:
Reply 2215
Warwick A*AA :biggrin:
Reply 2216
Original post by Aminee
Warwick A*AA :biggrin:

Well done! :biggrin:

Mind me asking what your GCSEs and AS levels were like? also, are you taking further maths?
Reply 2217
Original post by lemonade789

Ouch seems like you were really unlucky did you get 90%+ in your AS to get A* predictions? because if the unis think the school isn't being strict enough it weakens everyones application.

And good luck for warwick :smile:
Offer from Bath :smile: A*AA
Reply 2219
Original post by tateco
Well done! :biggrin:

Mind me asking what your GCSEs and AS levels were like? also, are you taking further maths?

Thankyouuu :biggrin: So happy but bit confused what to firm and what to put as insurance now!

GCSE: 8 A*'s, and 3 A's
ALEVEL predictions: A*AAa maths, chemistry, economics, biology

Latest