The Student Room Group

I think she likes me but she never initiates text.

Ok, so I went out with this girl, we had a good time (when i asked her if she wanted to go home she insisted on staying). In school she tries to grab my attention by grabbing my arm and smiles at me when i look at her. She even tells me she will skip a lesson to meet me this Wednesday...

but why, after all this, does she never ever text first?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe she has no credit. Maybe she doesn't text much. Maybe, just MAYBE you are over-thinking....
Reply 2
Maybe girls still think that men should initiate things such as texts, kisses etc.
Reply 3
maybe she doesn't want to seem
too keen?
If this was "initiate sex" you'd be lad.

Right now you're just derp.
Original post by hanaalou
maybe she doesn't want to seem
too keen?

This. Maybe she's playing a little hard to get or maybe she's just not a texter. Probably nothing. I wouldn't worry if she does all those things!
Some girls think that guys should initiate things like that... looks like you found yourself one of them!
She dont have dem unlimited texts.

I use them to send bitches smiley faces. Bitches love smiley faces.
It's so ridiculous these days how text messages/facebook are somehow part of relationship problems now.

"He/she doesnt text me enough"

"He/she 'liked' my profile picture but wont ask me out"

Waah waaaah waaaaaaah
Reply 9
Damnit, I misread the thread title as 'I think she likes me but she never initiates sex' and got all excited...

Disappointed :emo:
Reply 10
She probably doesn't want to come on too strong. I wouldn't read too much into it - I think I've texted the guy I like first once, every other time it's him. It's probably a stupid thing to do, wait for him to get in touch first, but I know for me it's because I'm still not 100% sure how he feels and I don't want to bother him by texting him if he doesn't want to talk. She might well feel the same way. Does she text back quickly when you text her?
Reply 11
Original post by aeterno
Damnit, I misread the thread title as 'I think she likes me but she never initiates sex' and got all excited...

Disappointed :emo:

should have gone to specsavers:smile:
Original post by d123
She probably doesn't want to come on too strong. I wouldn't read too much into it - I think I've texted the guy I like first once, every other time it's him. It's probably a stupid thing to do, wait for him to get in touch first, but I know for me it's because I'm still not 100% sure how he feels and I don't want to bother him by texting him if he doesn't want to talk. She might well feel the same way. Does she text back quickly when you text her?

And if he does the same thing then you won't speak :rolleyes: leading to the breakdown of any potential relationship
Reply 13
She doesn't have credit. She doesn't text often. She forgets. She doesn't want to come across as too keen. She doesn't want to feel like she's annoying you. She wants you to initiate it. She wants you to chase her. She's playing hard to get.

Take your pick.
Original post by d123

This is sort of what is happening to me with a guy... he said he liked me about a month ago (but is at uni so we haven't been able to meet up yet) recently I've been starting all the conversations, he always replies and always asks questions and seems interested... but if he's not starting conversations has he got bored? I'm honestly so confused :frown:
Girls have developed this ridiculous belief that it is the responsibility of the guy to text first, and if he doesn't then nothing will happen.

However, if the guy texts her first all the time, he gets called an obssesive weirdo that "won't leave me alone!"

(from my experience anyway :L)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Foo.mp3
Hold up, the prospect of a girl not initiating sex excites you? :confused:

:facepalm2: I think you've missed the point here...
Reply 17
Girls neveer text first.. :smile:
Original post by String.
Girls neveer text first.. :smile:

i do actually...all the time so dont lie:tongue: guys never reply when i do so its their own fault if most girls dont text first
same happens to me. And I asked her, she said she feels she might disturb me. But I think it's also because she doesn't want to show she is over keen. so don't worry about it at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending