The Student Room Group

I think she likes me but she never initiates text.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nick Longjohnson

I use them to send bitches smiley faces. Bitches love smiley faces.

it's true. we do.
Do guys ever not want to text first because they might seem too keen?
Reply 22
Original post by Helpful_Charlie
And if he does the same thing then you won't speak :rolleyes: leading to the breakdown of any potential relationship

I'm aware of this, and of how stupid it is. Luckily, at the moment, he's texting me pretty much every day :smile: It's just a bit of a complicated situation and I don't want to say or do the wrong thing.
She doesn't want you to think she likes you more than you like her. Sad but true.
Reply 24
Original post by o Rebecca o
It's so ridiculous these days how text messages/facebook are somehow part of relationship problems now.

"He/she doesnt text me enough"

"He/she 'liked' my profile picture but wont ask me out"

Waah waaaah waaaaaaah

someone liked your profile picture and didn't ask you out?!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Original post by Anonymous
Do guys ever not want to text first because they might seem too keen?

yeaaa i don't want to look clingy. Sometimes I really want to talk but I don't how what she might think :sadnod:
Reply 26
Original post by Jellybean91
Some girls think that guys should initiate things like that... looks like you found yourself one of them!

This.
Original post by S129439
Girls have developed this ridiculous belief that it is the responsibility of the guy to text first, and if he doesn't then nothing will happen.

However, if the guy texts her first all the time, he gets called an obssesive weirdo that "won't leave me alone!"

(form my experience anyway :L)

This.
From my experience, I almost always have to text first. Then if the girl doesnt reply I spend like a day panicking that I have come across as obsessive, not sure if I should text again. Then they finally get back to you saying they ran out of credit :colondollar:

Girls are ridiculous.
Reply 28
Original post by d123
She probably doesn't want to come on too strong. I wouldn't read too much into it - I think I've texted the guy I like first once, every other time it's him. It's probably a stupid thing to do, wait for him to get in touch first, but I know for me it's because I'm still not 100% sure how he feels and I don't want to bother him by texting him if he doesn't want to talk. She might well feel the same way. Does she text back quickly when you text her?

It depends, when she text back (which could take either 15minutes or 3hours) the convo gets flinged back and fourth in the range of 10minutes.
Original post by Fight-or-Flight
yeaaa i don't want to look clingy. Sometimes I really want to talk but I don't how what she might think :sadnod:

I've been texting a guy and recently he's only been texting me if I text first.... it's making me really self conscious....

If he always replies pretty quickly and is asking questions/seems interested in what I'm saying is that more important than whether or not he starts the conversations?
Reply 30
I think you're looking too much into it.

I always get slightly offended when she don't text first, and when I have to, it's like I'm sacrificing a bit of pride.

Then I realise I'm getting over sensitive.
Reply 31
Original post by alwatkins1991
This.
From my experience, I almost always have to text first. Then if the girl doesnt reply I spend like a day panicking that I have come across as obsessive, not sure if I should text again. Then they finally get back to you saying they ran out of credit :colondollar:

Girls are ridiculous.

As a girl, I can say in all honesty that this is one of the truest statements I have ever read on TSR.
Reply 32
It depends, when she text back (which could take either 15minutes or 3hours) the convo gets flinged back and fourth in the range of 10minutes.

I wouldn't worry about it anyway :smile: While I can't sit here and say that she definitely likes you, her not initiating texts doesn't mean she's not interested. So don't stress about it too much!
Reply 33
She wants you to woo her and give her lots of attention and make her feel special, not to be your pal who texts you.
Original post by d123
As a girl, I can say in all honesty that this is one of the truest statements I have ever read on TSR.

It really is. This girl I was seeing kissed me, said she really liked me. Ignored me for a week then said we should just be friends.

I mean wtf!
Reply 35
She wants to be sure you like her by waiting for you to be in touch. I have overheard guys talk about "clingy girls" before and nobody wants to be that girl. Even though she wouldn't be clingy by texting you once in a while. It's just that eternal fear of boring someone or making them sick of you by being too keen and available.

As one guy here said, that a girl was afraid she would bother you. Some guys have that about them, either genuinely or because they pretend, that they are very busy and important (especially if they can take their time when texting or replying to you), and you get the idea that you'll be sitting by the phone, staring at it and waiting. So you rather skip it and hope to be positively suprised by the first text.
Reply 36
Original post by alwatkins1991
It really is. This girl I was seeing kissed me, said she really liked me. Ignored me for a week then said we should just be friends.

I mean wtf!

You obviously didn't satisfy the requirements.. :/
Original post by UnknwnEntity
If this was "initiate sex" you'd be lad.

Right now you're just derp.

What is a 'lad'?! I don't understand. Here (where I'm from), it means boy/male/bloke, but on TSR it's always used with negative connotations...explain please

Oh, and yeah a lot of girls prefer the guy to text first as they don't want to seem too keen.
(edited 13 years ago)
I've been texting a guy and recently he's only been texting me if I text first.... it's making me really self conscious....

If he always replies pretty quickly and is asking questions/seems interested in what I'm saying is that more important than whether or not he starts the conversations?

You are not the girl I talk to are you? Cos I am recently not starting texts/messages too :eek::eek: LOL

I don't particularly start anymore because I want to give her a bit of space. I don't want attention but I want her to miss me and care for me (something I used to do for her for ages and ages). When she texts me I reply instantly with a big grin on my face :colondollar:. And I usually ask questions to get replies until I think that's probably enough.
I don't know which one is more important but when I start conversations I'd like her to reply to me with the same caring tone of language. If she doesn't reply or is a bit cold, I get slightly upset :erm:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Fight-or-Flight
You are not the girl I talk to are you? Cos I am recently not starting texts/messages too :eek::eek: LOL

I don't particularly start anymore because I want to give her a bit of space. I don't want attention but I want her to miss me and care for me (something I used to do for her for ages and ages). When she texts me I reply instantly with a big grin on my face :colondollar:. And I usually ask questions to get replies until I think that's probably enough.
I don't know which one is more important but when I start conversations I'd like her to reply to me with the same caring tone of language. If she doesn't reply or is a bit cold, I get slightly upset :erm:

Haha maybe I am.... :smile:
How long would you leave it not texting her?
I was worried as I haven't seen this guy in 2 months (he's at uni) and we were going to meet up in easter and he said he liked me but now he only replies when I text and I'm afraid he's changed his mind :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending