The Student Room Group

Interview for MRes at York Uni - what shud I do?!

I have an interview at York Uni for Master (MRes) in Computational Biology..

I want to give a brilliant performance and need your help. How should I prepare? Should I read anything? Also, how should I dress- Plain Jeans and Plain Cardigan with a shirt? would this be ok?!

I need to secure a place so I could be considered for scholarship! Help!!:eek:
Reply 1
Original post by planet

I want to give a brilliant performance and need your help. How should I prepare? Should I read anything? Also, how should I dress- Plain Jeans and Plain Cardigan with a shirt? would this be ok?!

Well I didn't have an interview at York but from my own master's interview. i dressed relatively formally and knew my dissertation so I culd talk about that. I talked about the research I wanted to do and about. I knew the subject area. And new what I wanted to do afterwards and how it would help me achieve my aims. Can't think of anything else really. I'm going to say no jeans though. But then I don't know what others wear.
Original post by planet

I'm at York at the moment-a Biochemist. Who's lab do you plan to be in or do you get to decide that later?

I would say definitely dress formally. The poster above gave some really good advice. PM if you have any specific questions about York and good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by alleycat393
I'm at York at the moment-a Biochemist. Who's lab do you plan to be in or do you get to decide that later?

I would say definitely dress formally. The poster above gave some really good advice. PM if you have any specific questions about York and good luck!

Hey, I've PM'd you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Sweets7
Well I didn't have an interview at York but from my own master's interview. i dressed relatively formally and knew my dissertation so I culd talk about that. I talked about the research I wanted to do and about. I knew the subject area. And new what I wanted to do afterwards and how it would help me achieve my aims. Can't think of anything else really. I'm going to say no jeans though. But then I don't know what others wear.

Thanks, will keep that in mind :smile:
Original post by planet
Hey, I've PM'd you :smile:

I haven't received a PM from you! :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by alleycat393
I haven't received a PM from you! :tongue:

haha PM'd the wrong guy!!

Quick Reply