The Student Room Group

Do I have too high standards for a relationship?

So basically I go to a Comprehensive school, and I would not say I am the average Comprehensive student. I love politics. I love world cinema. I love discussing philosophy, debating, and I also revise, unlike quite a lot of other students in my school. Despite this, I have loads of friends and do well in school. But unfortunately, I have never been in a committed relationship. I've asked girls I like out, but they've said no, but whenever girls ask me out I say no as I never like them, or haven't in the past. I've been told that I am quite handsome, but still nothing, no relationships. I really want a girlfriend who likes the same things I do, but the thing is I am starting to think that the girls in my school won't be interested in those topics. I go to social events and things, and often talk to hot girls who also like these stuff, but then after the events life goes on as usual, even if I talk to them on Facebook.

Are my standards too high, or not?
Hot girls who like politics, debating and revising.... shouldn't be too difficult...
Reply 2
You sound like Kurt off Glee.
PM random TSR girls with this emote:

:wannastop:

BAM! Insta-pussy!
Reply 4
Meh, you're still young.
Was the thing about going to a comprehensive school really a necessary detail? :confused:
I hope whoever told you you were handsome wasn't your mother:colondollar:
Reply 7
If you;re only at school you're still really really young. Dont worry about a relationship right now, they're usually more trouble than they're worth anyway. Have fun and dont go looking for it, it will happen on its own
Reply 8
Original post by Fight-or-Flight
I hope whoever told you you were handsome wasn't your mother:colondollar:

nope lots of girls from school, it's just I've not been in a committed relationship before. And I mean I get quite a lot of attention from the girls at school.
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I go to a Comprehensive school, and I would not say I am the average Comprehensive student. I love politics. I love world cinema. I love discussing philosophy, debating, and I also revise, unlike quite a lot of other students in my school. Despite this, I have loads of friends and do well in school. But unfortunately, I have never been in a committed relationship. I've asked girls I like out, but they've said no, but whenever girls ask me out I say no as I never like them, or haven't in the past. I've been told that I am quite handsome, but still nothing, no relationships. I really want a girlfriend who likes the same things I do, but the thing is I am starting to think that the girls in my school won't be interested in those topics. I go to social events and things, and often talk to hot girls who also like these stuff, but then after the events life goes on as usual, even if I talk to them on Facebook.

Are my standards too high, or not?

Dude you sound a lot like me. I'm a guy btw. I also am interested in stuff such as History, Science, maybe not politics so much but basically things nobody my age seems to like.
Where the hell are all the girls that like stuff like this? All the ones in my uni are just sluts who like to drink.
Reply 10
sorry m8 ur gonna lead a bachelor's lyf
Original post by *Dreaming*
Hot girls who like politics, debating and revising.... shouldn't be too difficult...

Really?!!! :smile: (feeling good about myself now!)

OP, I just think you have not foudn the right person yet, thats' all. It's not becaus eyou have too high standards. People wants to be in a relationship with someone that has the same interest , it's so typical. :dontknow:
Reply 12
Original post by Silver Arrow
Dude you sound a lot like me. I'm a guy btw. I also am interested in stuff such as History, Science, maybe not politics so much but basically things nobody my age seems to like.
Where the hell are all the girls that like stuff like this? All the ones in my uni are just sluts who like to drink.

and the annoying thing is that I have a friend who is a "player" and gets all the girls even though he talks badly about them behind their backs, and is obsessed with sex. It's not fair, and I feel bad that I've never had a girlfriend :frown:
Reply 13
You sound right for me :o:

Thing is, I dislike student parties (if I go out, its usually other places) and I don't love getting pissed all the time. I am a tad shy as well, so problem is where to meet the guys. You need an arena to meet up, and one to take it further.
I am same as you though, I rarely experience a match, that he likes me and I like him. When I have, there has always been an obstacle, like he lives far away. Or he's not looking for commitment :frown:
Reply 14
Alright then mate , next question please !!
Reply 15
Original post by *Lollo*
You sound right for me :o:

Thing is, I dislike student parties (if I go out, its usually other places) and I don't love getting pissed all the time. I am a tad shy as well, so problem is where to meet the guys. You need an arena to meet up, and one to take it further.
I am same as you though, I rarely experience a match, that he likes me and I like him. When I have, there has always been an obstacle, like he lives far away. Or he's not looking for commitment :frown:

I'm also not interested in online relationships so it's really hard :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending