The Student Room Group

I don't understand how girls pick partners

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm guessing the answer you're looking for is that girls only date the douchebags.

However in truth girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type.
I friendzoned my bf, but then un- friendzoned him. Obviously. But my point is that if a girl says something like that then it's more that they're not into you, rather than ruining the friendship. Friends can make the best bf's/gf's after all!
Reply 22
Be that as it may, the heart of the matter is this:
Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type.
Reply 23
Girls prefer strangers because they don't like to ruin relationships because making a friend a partner ruins relationships

Amiright?
As said above, either

1. girl doesn't find guy attractive
2. there isn't a "spark" between girl and guy

or, in my previous case,

3. girl couldn't imagine boy being boyfriend. Eg, being romantic, calling her 'darling', the thought was all very strange.

Sincerely regret it now though.
What the **** is going on here?
Original post by Asiko
This topic isn't about me but I'll use me as an example. I've asked out so many girls and they've all replied "we're too much like friends, I don't want to ruin or friendship". In fact, every single girl I've asked out has turned me down.

Now I'm wondering then, how the hell do they pick their partners? Do they pick people who are not their friends i.e complete strangers? Would they prefer to date someone they don't know much over a friend who they know will treat them right and enjoy being with?

What's the difference if a guy and a girl spend a lot of time together then become a couple?

I know that sometimes it's the truth but a lot of times I know that this is because the guy is unattractive or not their "type". But personally I would prefer the truth. Do people fear what would happen if they broke up? Can't people just act mature because it only becomes "awkward" if you make it so. For example, I can talk to a girl after I ask them out yet they act as if it's the strangest thing ever almost as if they think they should because that's the procedure or something.

I have no idea about the awkwardness thing; it's not something I understand. But in terms of friends->couples, sometimes I think girls can just be really picky, and be adamant that if someone is not their type then it'll never work.

Personally, both my partners (who were also both long term fwiw) came from friendships. But that could be because I'm attracted to a personality traits rather than looks. That doesn't mean I'm attracted to all of my friends haha.

Each to their own though. We all have our vices.
I understand perfectly, it's quite simple actually.
Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not attractive to the girl and/or not their type.
Reply 28
Many girls under 25 spend all their time messing people about, sometimes turning blokes down in case someone better comes along, sometimes turning down good prospects just for the ego boost.

Suddenly, they hit 25, the world turns on its head and they spend all their time crying about how there is no-one out there for them.
Reply 29
I think it's just that it's nice for the boy to be a friend for a little while before getting with them because you get to know them etc but when a guy is your friend and doesn't make any hints at liking the girl and they stay friends for too long the girl starts loving the guy like she would her brother so it would just be weird.
They check to see how big your........

..........wallet is.

(joking)
Reply 31
Reply 32

Yey, this is fun! And it's true! :P
They're women, I don't think they even understand or know what they want.
Example, i told this girl i liked her and got the whole "we're just friends" blah blah blah. I was upset ofc but whatever at least i could move on. Two days later i bumped into her in a club. She comes over and starts grinding on me. I'm like WTF?? So i just left. The one sure thing is that the older they get then the more desperate they become saying stuff like "there aren't any good men left" whine, bitch moan, complain e.t.c
Just do what this guy says...

Reply 34
Well I suppose this is when:

'Girls say "I don't want to ruin our friendship, and replace it with a relationship; so we can have some sexy time" when the guy is in the friend zone, and not quite attractive to the girl and/or not very much their type.'

:sexface:
Reply 35
Original post by mikeylfc1989
I disagee with the other posts.

I'd say that...

:teehee: i actually laughed (after hours of boring college work) at what you said, you just repeated the ....haha never mind :tongue:
Original post by Antonia87

My thoughts exactly???
Original post by Antonia87

God, I have no idea.
Reply 39
Original post by IlexBlue
I would go for a guy if:
a) I met him and felt a spark between us.
b) We were friends and realised we were both becoming mutually attracted to one another.

I would not go for a guy if:
a) I met him and I felt no attraction toward him.
b) We were friends and I wasn't attracted to him at all, and saw him strictly as a friend.

Why do guys find this so hard to grasp?

Mabe if the girl just turned round and said, hey i like you as a freind but sorry in not atracted to you this might make it easier for guys to understand lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending