The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7320
Original post by Rascacielos
Yes, I mean that. It's probably something to do with the crack in time.

I don't mean Tennant returning as the Doctor for a length of time, but there was some speculation he'd return for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who in 2013.

If they did a episode with the 10th and 11th doctor together my head would explode from the shear awesomeness of it all. Though I highly doubt they will but still I can dream :moon:
I really don't think they should bring back David Tennant... they seem to have a habit of bringing people back and by doing so messing up their storylines (Rose, Martha, Captain Jack, the Master, even the Daleks). Can't they just keep creating new stuff?
For the 50th anniversary, don't be surprised for something in the vein of "The Two/Five Doctors".
I think this is real, but just found out what the Silents' do.

Spoiler warning of course

Spoiler

I like it.
No spoilers per se, SFX have given us their usual batch of teasers.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/04/05/doctor-who-preview-%E2%80%9Cthe-impossible-astronaut%E2%80%9D%E2%80%9Cday-of-the-moon%E2%80%9D/

Neither episode starts as you’d expect

Both episodes open magnificently, especially episode two which is a patented. Moffat-montage special

The gay agenda is back!

The monsters (whose mere name would be a spoiler) are brilliant, with a truly chilling MO. They should rate up there with the Weeping Angels as one of the new series’ greatest creations. They look great, but it’s the idea behind them that is truly chilling

There is an Easter Island gag

The Doctor dances… with some unexpected film stars

There are lots of Americans with guns gags

There are two fez mentions

It’s very, very dark and spooky at times. Wait till you see the scene in the Whitehouse toilets…

At least three Moffat tropes are put into action again

There is the startling return of a familiar special effect… twice

There is the curious return of a familiar prop

The Utah footage is quite simply stunning, but there’s not as much of it as we’d expected

There are some quite beautiful, cinematic sequences

Rory gets to wear some specs

Amy reveals a secret

The President’s nose dominates any scene it’s in

The special effects are downright magnificent

Matt Smith takes his portrayal of the Doctor up a gear

The Doctor looks very embarrassed at one point

The first time we see the Doctor, he’s naked. Sort of…

The monsters have some important dialogue, so it’s a bit of a shame their voices are not terribly clear at times

The first episode is a little talky and surprisingly character-led when you’d expect a barnstorming opening; the second episode kicks off storming that barn and keeps storming it

Having said that, the character led-moments are often quite exquisite

It’s funny, it’s wildly inventive, it’s fiendishly clever, it’s surprising, it’s audacious, it’s uncompromising and it’s quite unlike anything else on television

There’s lots of timey whimey stuff, and not just in terms of the science fiction more so, we’re referring to some of the storytelling techniques involved, with lots of flashbacks, sudden jumps and montages

However, it’s so packed with ideas, you can’t help thinking some important elements are undeveloped. There are enough great concepts here to fuel five or six episodes, which is a good thing in many ways, because it keeps the energy fizzing and the plot surprising, but they do all fight for room a bit. We’d certainly liked to have seen more about the monsters’ background and had the dénouement clarified, among other things

You can’t help thinking there are a lot of moments when kids are going to turn to mum and dad go, “Why did that happen?” and mum or dad will go, “Erm… shhhh, I’m concentrating!”

You may suffer from revelation fatigue by the end of it. And a lot of things perhaps a couple too many are not wrapped up in the story itself, but are ongoing mysteries to be sorted out later. This show is getting like Lost, designed to be picked over on the internet! Let’s hope it doesn’t take seven years to get some answers

The final, final, final scene, though, will ensure you’ll carry on tuning in to find out what happens next… or maybe in the story after next. Or maybe next season…

(edited 13 years ago)
Sounds so epic! Particularly interested by this one...
21. The first time we see the Doctor, he’s naked. Sort of…

:colone:
Original post by loonyplatypus
Sounds so epic! Particularly interested by this one...

:colone:

The Lodger....I'm just saying :colone:
Original post by spacepirate-James

:confused:

Edit: Oh yeah! God how I could I forget that :daydreaming:
:confused:

Back in the day... :colone:

Original post by LastLordofTime
It would have been nice, but I knew he wouldn't be. He was nearly naked though. A modesty sock only covers the cock and balls. I made a gif of the part, and you definitely see something swinging :teehee:

Original post by Mist786
Cool, can I see the gif?

LastLordofTime

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Ah, the memories :daydreaming:
Original post by JWH
If they did a episode with the 10th and 11th doctor together my head would explode from the shear awesomeness of it all. Though I highly doubt they will but still I can dream :moon:

My thoughts entirely. It would be the best episode ever. And with all this timey-wimey crack in time business, it might actually work quite well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/5922497/David-Tennant-I-might-return-to-Doctor-Who.html
We can only hope. :colone:

Original post by TulipFields
I preferred Angels in the last season, rather than Blink- Blink was good, but nowhere near as scary.

Which one did you watch first?

Original post by Colonel.
I disagree. With the images in Amy's mind, I think their threat was increased actually.

I think the danger in the second episode was more, but the perceived danger in Blink was higher, simply because we'd never met them before and didn't really know how they rolled.

Original post by Colonel.
I just realised how sad River's story is. She's basically seeing the Doctor forget why he loves her.

Expliquez.
(edited 13 years ago)
Expliquez.

Because as she grows older, she's meeting the Doctor backwards so he's younger each time and has met her less and less. Makes sense in my head anyway :p:
The new Doctor Who series is going to start on the 23rd and with only severn episode then the following 6 episode in the Autumn time which is going to be a long wait to find out what happens. Also one of the four are going to leave within the opening episode, who do you think it'll be.

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/news-extra/article/137536/doctor-who-character-to-be-killed-off.html

I would probably say Rory however River has the possibility to as well even though the time line thing would be affected unless it was meant to happen that is. I reckon is between them two.

Can't wait
I really don't think they should bring back David Tennant... they seem to have a habit of bringing people back and by doing so messing up their storylines (Rose, Martha, Captain Jack, the Master, even the Daleks). Can't they just keep creating new stuff?

I quite like it actually, apart from the Master's return, that buggest me immensely. The first episode with those spikey ball things was great, but after that it bored me. But then, it had to be something magnificent like the return of the Time Lords to kill Tennant off.

I liked Rose coming back and I think the Daleks have to come back over and over again - they are, after all, the Doctor's greatest enemy. They are what makes Doctor Who - if we had new monsters over and over again it would get boring because you know the Doctor was going to kill them off and you'd never see them again. At least with the Daleks, they still find a way of coming back. Plus who can resist their new colourful appearance? :tongue:

As for Tennant, I guess there will be mixed opinion if he returns. He is generally considered to be one of the best Doctors of all time and most people were sad to see him go. A Smith-Tennant episode would absolutely make my day. :love:

Original post by Bella Occhi
Because as she grows older, she's meeting the Doctor backwards so he's younger each time and has met her less and less. Makes sense in my head anyway :p:

I thought it was just a big timey-wimey mess in no particular order?

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I think this is real, but just found out what the Silents' do.

Spoiler warning of course

Spoiler

I like it.

Are the Silents the monster in the mirror from the trailer?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7334
wasnt river song already killed off in the library episode? time travel is confusing :s
Original post by snapple
wasnt river song already killed off in the library episode? time travel is confusing :s

As was droned into us last series, "Time can be rewritten"
I thought it was just a big timey-wimey mess in no particular order?

Well it is a big timey-wimey mess, they probably don't meet each other exactly backwards, but that basically sums it up - River sees the Doctor knowing her less and less.

When you say "the gay agenda is back....?"

Original post by spacepirate-James

:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

Why did they not do any Tennant naked scenes? :frown:

Original post by Bella Occhi
Well it is a big timey-wimey mess, they probably don't meet each other exactly backwards, but that basically sums it up - River sees the Doctor knowing her less and less.

Hmm, I didn't notice that. Must. Pay. More. Attention.
(edited 13 years ago)
It's hard to imagine the series without one of them, probably be either River or Rory then one of them will come back later in the series like they usually do.
Original post by snapple

Original post by snapple

yeah she was but I think it might have been in the book which she had about the doctor (spoilers book) that it was the last time for her

Latest