The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jessyfantastic90
yours looks quite professional. Like a magazine :smile:

Thank you (: x
I've started my blog finally! Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on here. I want to make a few more posts before I post the link here but rest assured I will do eventually
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
This comment is probably getting old lol, but I also absolutely adore your blog! :love: The stunning photography combined with your interesting writing makes very good viewing :yep:. I especially love the backdrop picture you use when taking photos of accessories and makeup etc, it looks very good! :biggrin:

Aww! It's always lovely to get nice comments and feedback so thank you! :smile:
Reply 83
i'm so sick of bloggers! everyone now calls themselves a blogger and it's so annoying! just a bunch of rambling idiots who think we are SO interested in what they're wearing today.
Reply 84
Original post by clarrissa
i'm so sick of bloggers! everyone now calls themselves a blogger and it's so annoying! just a bunch of rambling idiots who think we are SO interested in what they're wearing today.

Thats nice.
I get the blogger as a celeb hate but did you read everyones blog? Clearly not as some on this thread aren't personal style blogs, including mine.
i love reading peoples blogs. i think i'm just so nosey lol. i'm tempted to set up one of my own but i don't think anyone would read it. i also love style/make up posts, so good for tips and insperation! you'll always get stupid haters

LOL, nobody is forcing you to go on their sites and read them. It's a free country :p:
Reply 87
i can't be bothered reading such dribble. bloggers just annoy me. if they were that talented at writing good beauty/fashion reviews they'd be working for magazines (paid) it's just an ego trip for them. i've never read one good blog - they are all wannabe writers! but could never get a job doing it.

Ever tried to get a job writing for a magazine? Okay then.

Many do work freelance for magazines too or blog for vice magazine, I use my blog to practise my writing and many magazines want to look at a blog before they hire you.
i can't be bothered reading such dribble. bloggers just annoy me. if they were that talented at writing good beauty/fashion reviews they'd be working for magazines (paid) it's just an ego trip for them. i've never read one good blog - they are all wannabe writers! but could never get a job doing it.

exactly. that's why i've stopped reading them - because they are rubbish!

That's fair enough having those opinions, but you've got to understand it's just a hobby for most of these people. Working for magazines is hard to get into, and if they can find another way of expressing their work, which is through these free blogs, then I say why not? And some of them do have hundreds or even thousands of followers, so they must be doing something right :p:
Reply 89
yes, respect to your reply. i'm sure they are some people who are popular and it is good to express yourself. it's just that i get fed up with those people who write crap and get carried away with the title of blogger!

Thats fair enough, I just hate the judging of blogs before you have read them. Of course people write crap blogs but people write crap everywhere so what can you expect when you offer the space for free.
There are some amazing blogs out there though and of course some people who do get carried away with the title of blogger.
Being a blogger doesn't imply that someone is good. "blogger" simply means someone who writes in a blog. with the creation of free blogs people are free to write what they like and given the range of people they can vary from amazing to really really bad. I'm not going to judge anyones blog on merit, it might not be to my taste but whos to say theres not many people who love it. For example i'd get bored of a blog about lady gaga but that doesn't mean many people would find it interesting. on the other side I could be enthralled by a blog about muse or vintage stuff when someone else would find it boring
Hey, does anyone know how to follow or subscribe to a Blogger blog that has no "follow this blog" or RSS link on their page? Like this one: http://xiaxue.blogspot.com/

I really like her blog, but I don't know how to subscribe :erm:
Hiya,
Here's my blog:
http://selfishspontaneousstatements.blogspot.com/
Hope you like :smile:
(hopefully the link will work)
Mine is http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com/. Im a bit self conscious about adding it, as i know it's not the best, but i do enjoy posting. I've looked at everyone's blog on here, and they're all fabulous. Im a bit new to the whole following thing, but im definitely going to follow a few!
Original post by Sky_Dream

Mine is http://dollydotgirl.blogspot.com/. Im a bit self conscious about adding it, as i know it's not the best, but i do enjoy posting. I've looked at everyone's blog on here, and they're all fabulous. Im a bit new to the whole following thing, but im definitely going to follow a few!

I just tried to post a comment on your blog. Your post "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed but can you ever just be whelmed?"
I really really wanted to post "I think you can in Europe" but when i clicked on post comment it wouldn't let me. Damn
So, I've got my blog up and running now. I have 6 proper posts and I would really like some feedback, particularly from people interested in vintage stuff.
Any recommendations on subject material? Any opinions on colour sceme and fonts and general formatting of the blog? basically any opinions would be helpful. don't be afraid to say if you do think something is working.
http://nobodychaperonesthechaperone.blogspot.com/
Original post by museobsessed
I just tried to post a comment on your blog. Your post "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed but can you ever just be whelmed?"
I really really wanted to post "I think you can in Europe" but when i clicked on post comment it wouldn't let me. Damn

Thanks for the thought though, i do appreciate that comment, even if it was made on here :smile:. Sorry to hear you couldn't comment on my blog, i'll try to look into that. I'll check out your blog too, by the way :smile:.

Thanks for the thought though, i do appreciate that comment, even if it was made on here :smile:. Sorry to hear you couldn't comment on my blog, i'll try to look into that. I'll check out your blog too, by the way :smile:.

10 things is such an amazing film. Thanks for saying you're check out my blog :biggrin: