The Student Room Group

Are there any drugs that make you smart?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Roo Bix
Makes you bi-winning! :awesome:

Oh yeah!
Reply 41
Original post by IlexBlue
A beta blocker? :s-smilie:

Yeah, most people do badly in exams cos they are too nervous. Also, its been shown that you pick up concepts faster at lower heart rates.
Reply 42
NZT mate!
Original post by NO ONE
Like in the movie Limitless.

Serious question guys, I'm not a troll lol. Can anyone suggest me any drugs which make you smart?

I'm just having troubling revising for my final exams thats all and procrastinating isn't helping. I think my case is irreversible :/
i feel like a complete pleb.

Adderall works for studying and exam taking apparently, don't know where to procure it from though :frown:
Reply 44
Original post by tehFrance
Adderall works for studying and exam taking apparently, don't know where to procure it from though :frown:

Don't! It can get you some serious jail time - up to 5 years (possession) or up to 14 bloody years (dealing - which includes 'giving one to your friend to try'). It's a class B drug - not worth it at all!
Reply 45
Original post by NO ONE

Serious question guys, I'm not a troll lol. Can anyone suggest me any drugs which make you smart?

I'm just having troubling revising for my final exams thats all and procrastinating isn't helping. I think my case is irreversible :/

I take weed sometimes before exams, helps me too relax. Although it may have different effects on different people.
Original post by NO ONE

Roofies.
Reply 47
Oh and OP if you are crazy enough to listen to what any one us say. At least do some research on side effects, the law regarding it, addiction stuff like that. And also tell me how you go on if you decide to try anything. I'm curious.
Original post by dentistry1
Propranolol

OMG reallly :eek:
heroin

oh wait.....
Reply 50
Modafinil.
Original post by Beska
Don't! It can get you some serious jail time - up to 5 years (possession) or up to 14 bloody years (dealing - which includes 'giving one to your friend to try'). It's a class B drug - not worth it at all!

Really? shame as it is a good way to revise apparently... can't be worse than Cocaine though can it?
They're called nootropics.

They can increase cognitive ability and aid concentration.
There are loads of types, pretty much all of them are prescribed for psychological conditions, and some/if not all are illegal to have without a prescription.

If you really want to get some, you'll have to get diagnosed with ADHD or narcolepsy, which means you have to get tested for it and even lie to the doctor.

To be honest, it's all in your mind.
Do you want to be an poor mcdonalds worker when you grow up, or get good grades and get an amazing job and be successful in life?
If you sniff some deodorant up your nose your brain is like 'yeah man, dat's cool' and you become really smart.
Reply 54
Original post by Marsha2112
http://www.vitabiotics.com/neurozan/

Keep hearing about it inbetween parts of Countdown..

Just to let you know, I'm a 2nd year Psychology student currently writing a coursework assignment on exactly why Neurozan is a sham. Don't buy it.

Also, nicotine and caffeine both provide temporary boosts to intelligence, particularly if you're addicted to them. If you're a smoker, try to order some Snus from Scandinavia. It's much stronger than a cigarette, and you just tuck it under your lip, so you can use it during exams. Helps to improve recall.

Be warned about caffeine - it's beneficial to your long term memory but it'll ravage your short term memory. Overdo the energy drinks before you walk into an exam room. It'll help.
Reply 55
Original post by Marsha2112
http://www.vitabiotics.com/neurozan/

Keep hearing about it inbetween parts of Countdown..

Just to let you know, I'm a 2nd year Psychology student currently writing a coursework assignment on exactly why Neurozan is a sham. Don't buy it.

Also, nicotine and caffeine both provide temporary boosts to intelligence, particularly if you're addicted to them. If you're a smoker, try to order some Snus from Scandinavia. It's much stronger than a cigarette, and you just tuck it under your lip, so you can use it during exams. Helps to improve recall.

Be warned about caffeine - it's beneficial to your long term memory but it'll ravage your short term memory. Overdo the energy drinks before you walk into an exam room. It'll help.
Reply 56
Original post by NO ONE

Try OMEGA - 3 supplements, they are awesome after a while of using them. They help me memorise things better.

Also, try going on ebay and type something like 'concentration' here's an example or try this.

Or search for yourself...
Reply 57
Weed tends to make me more creative, not sure if that counts as "smart", though.
Reply 58

This is seratonin.
Original post by NobSon
Weed tends to make me more creative, not sure if that counts as "smart", though.

Weed makes you stoopid, it aint called 'dope' for nuthin'. If you want to get smart just spray the contents of an aerosol can up your nose.

Quick Reply

Latest