The Student Room Group

Could you have an affair?

I think I could and here is how. the blog at the bottom telling dedicated to how to get away with cheating is pretty over the top.

Please get me right I hate everything about cheating, these days however it is easier to cheat than ever. I mean there are businesses dedicated to help people cheat, society is getting ridiculous now, literally has no morals. Treating adultery as something to be joked and laughed about.
My rant of the day over.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

phsyically yes i could do it and get away with it.

mentally i don't think i could
Reply 2
No, because I actually love my partner.

PS) Nice work on making a thread to get Triond monies. (y)
Of course I could, anyone could, it's not like it's difficult. :confused:

Everyone will say "I would never!" but you don't know whether you would until you're in the situation. Affairs are rarely premeditated...
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
phsyically yes i could do it and get away with it.

mentally i don't think i could

:ditto:

I don't think I'd be able to handle the guilt. I'm a sensitive soul and don't like betrayal and/or confrontation :no:
Reply 5
weres the womens version? :tongue:
Reply 6
no one sits there and decides ' oh look i'm going to have an affair la la la' ( well some people may actually..) BUT i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't, but sh*t happens
Reply 7
I think even now, people saying yeah it is bad etc. society has accepted it too much, to the point it is just becoming a mockery. Granted it is still looked down upon but compared to before even 10 years ago, people looked far worse on a cheater than now. Sorry I am just a bit annoyed.
Reply 8
Original post by Boo!xx
weres the womens version? :tongue:

haha, greattt. I'm sure some of the techniques could still be employed for women.
I don't think so I want to respect my partner and not hurt them like some douches.
Original post by Pink Bullets
Of course I could, anyone could, it's not like it's difficult. :confused:

Everyone will say "I would never!" but you don't know whether you would until you're in the situation. Affairs are rarely premeditated...

People who put themselves in those situations intend to cheat anyway.

I like how people say "I didn't meant to. I was drunk!"

People are fully aware that drinking has consequences.

Not saying everyone who gets drunk to have a good time intend to cheat, but if you're going to a place filled with people looking to pull... then you're asking for it.
Reply 11
Original post by aja89
I never thought I could/would, until I did. :dong:

Why? Was it alcohol related?
Reply 12
Original post by o Rebecca o

Not saying everyone who gets drunk to have a good time intend to cheat, but if you're going to a place filled with people looking to pull... then you're asking for it.

So what are you saying?
Don't drink? or more to the point don't drink to excess.
Reply 13
You may very well think so, but I couldn't possibly comment.
Original post by o Rebecca o

I'm not talking about deciding to cheat a minute before you actually do cheat.

I'm saying that (almost) nobody thinks, "Yes, I think I might fancy having an affair one day in the future. Sounds like a laugh." It's only when you're in the situation (i.e. a bad marriage, and the opportunity for an affair comes up) that you decide to cheat.
Reply 15
Original post by aja89
No. It was a much more complicated scenario of a much older ex-boyfriend coming back and being extremely persistent, and me being weak.

I have no sympathy to be honest.
People always see affairs coming. From something as drawn out as knowing the "friendly coffee's" you are having are not as innocent as they seem for a few months to staying at the bar for 10 minutes too long when you know you're getting signals from a girl.

The fact of the matter is simple. You know what's coming, someone doesn't show up and sex you without your consent. That's why there is no excuse for it (obviously rape isn't cheating).

Someone in this thread said that everyone will say they never would and that everyone is wrong. Well I'm going to disagree and say that I would never. I'm not going to answer it with the literal "could" because everyone could. However I see things coming, I see when the girl I volunteer with is getting a bit too flirty and I stop reciprocating beyond simple pleasantries. I see what my ex is up to when she wants me to come to hers for "a friendly talk". I stop things before they even get the chance to start. Some people probably think some of the stuff I do is too far but I have a strong sense of loyalty and a very different perspective on betrayal to most people. My gf knows how I feel about it and she knows it may work against her one day but for now she is very fond of it I think.
Reply 17
Original post by SPMS
I have no sympathy to be honest.

Don't recall asking for any.
Original post by SPMS
So what are you saying?
Don't drink? or more to the point don't drink to excess.

It's just an example I'm using.

I'm just saying if you're willing to put yourself in a situation that could risk your relationship then it's clearly obvious that you don't care much for the relationship.

But to answer your question, no I haven't cheated and don't think I ever could.
Reply 19
Original post by aja89
Don't recall asking for any.

Haha, well I hope you are stronger from it.

Quick Reply