The Student Room Group

if a guy is looking for marriage material girls would that freak girls out lol ?

lets just say i dont like short time or casual relationship.i will only be with someone if i see their is a future. like i am not saying getting marrid straight away but like having a plain. we date now and then get to know each other for couple of years and settle down. Is this like too upfront lol. whats the point of having a proper relationship and putting lot of effort and sacrifice. where at the end there is no future

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
finally
Most relationships are a gamble, you have to keep playing to win, but then again you can still lose after that.

I made that up on the spot. Rather proud of myself.
Reply 3
Plenty of girls will like that.

Some will freak out, but then they won't be the right girl for you anyway!

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Most girls won't see someone who puts 'lol' on the end of a sentence like that as marriage material.
Reply 5
I would freak out, to be honest. At 18, marriage feels very far in the distant future.

Although I suppose it depends on your age.
Depends how you play it. Keep it close to chest until she asks what you think of the future or something and you should be aight, walking up to her on the first date and going WE'RE GOING TO BE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER while handing her a list of potential names for your children might not go over well.
Depends how old you were when you told her this. At 11 I think maybe to soon, no?:colone:

at 25, 35 yeah maybe it's fine.
Reply 8
Original post by tigertiger

Original post by tigertiger
lets just say i dont like short time or casual relationship.i will only be with someone if i see their is a future. like i am not saying getting marrid straight away but like having a plain. we date now and then get to know each other for couple of years and settle down. Is this like too upfront lol. whats the point of having a proper relationship and putting lot of effort and sacrifice. where at the end there is no future

As nice as it sounds I would FREAK out! the thought of planning a future terrifies me! I prefer not knowing whats going to happen and not planning :/ but thne some girls may like that :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Bektas
Most relationships are a gamble, you have to keep playing to win, but then again you can still lose after that.

I made that up on the spot. Rather proud of myself.

that was pretty clever!
Reply 10
Original post by IlexBlue
I would freak out, to be honest. At 18, marriage feels very far in the distant future.

Although I suppose it depends on your age.

In other words: you are not marriage material (at least for now).
Reply 11
Original post by viriol
In other words: you are not marriage material (at least for now).

Pretty much.

I don't really see that changing, either.
Please don't go on a first date with the opening words of:

"Hi, I think you're really pretty but I want to be upfront with you so we can best understand each other. Do you trust me? Where do you see yourself in 5 years time, kids, house, making your husband breakfast. What about your family history? - Any addicts? good education?. Would you marry me say after 2 years of being boyfriend and girlfriend. Have you considered dying your hair to brown, I like brown hair, what is the thing you like about yourself, what about me, what do you like about me and what made you come on this date?"

Because frankly, anyone who just dates anyone for the hell of it can do so and you and me and many others only date girls who we find interesting and could see a future with. I have a two month rule, if I don't see a future after two months I usually know then that it's not fair to go on... Obv exceptions apply. But that's the joy of relationships!
If they're looking for the same thing, no.
If they're looking for something else, yes.

Pretty simple. And wouldn't you rather eliminate the people who aren't looking for what you're looking for?
Fiiinally, a guy who actually admits that this is what he wants! :smile:. No I wouldn't find it wierd or off putting at all, it's kind of what I'd prefer. I don't see the point of having a casual relationship with someone, I'd much rather get into a relationship with someone who I felt I could be really serious with.

Obviously you don't know until you've known them for quite a while if they are marriage material so I don't like rushing into relationships, I think dating a person for a few months or knowing them as friends for a few months before getting into a relationship is better, for me anyway! I'd much rather know a person really well and be fully comfortable with them before I get into a relationship with them rather than only knowing them for a little while and not knowing much about them and rushing into a relationship for the sake of it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
There comes a time in a man's life when he wants grandchildren without wanting to be a father first.
Finally! Will you marry me?
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
Fiiinally, a guy who actually admits that this is what he wants! :smile:. No I wouldn't find it wierd or off putting at all, it's kind of what I'd prefer. I don't see the point of having a casual relationship with someone, I'd much rather get into a relationship with someone who I felt I could be really serious with.

Obviously you don't know until you've known them for quite a while if they are marriage material so I don't like rushing into relationships, I think dating a person for a few months or knowing them as friends for a few months before getting into a relationship is better, for me anyway! I'd much rather know a person really well and be fully comfortable with them before I get into a relationship with them rather than only knowing them for a little while and not knowing much about them and rushing into a relationship for the sake of it.

Agreed, dont see the point being in a relationship unless you can see yourself with them in the very long term.
Reply 18
Original post by Onwards and Upwards!

Because frankly, anyone who just dates anyone for the hell of it can do so and you and me and many others only date girls who we find interesting and could see a future with. I have a two month rule, if I don't see a future after two months I usually know then that it's not fair to go on... Obv exceptions apply. But that's the joy of relationships!

I, for example, used to have a similar rule. It's just that instead of two months after it was two months before!
Original post by Ayshizzle
Finally! Will you marry me?

Yes depending on what toothpaste you use. Do you use colgate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending