The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessaay!
I'm not sure whether to be worried about this or not :p:

I'd take it as a compliment, shows that you don't try to be somebody else online.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I'd take it as a compliment, shows that you don't try to be somebody else online.

Epic... I guess :p:
Original post by Jessaay!
Epic... I guess :p:

Eh. I'd be more verbose but I've had a few tonight.
Eh. I'd be more verbose but I've had a few tonight.

Haha no I getcha. And especially considering you're speaking my language right now :wink:
I've gotta be pretty ill before the lymph nodes in my neck go up, but they have today. That, coupled with the fire burning at the back of my throat leads me to believe that I'm probably not going to be feeling very well tomorrow. :frown:
edcourageous
at risk of sounding killjoy i dont know how you got away with this, stinks of FTP committee to me!

Original post by RollerBall
It was only PBL. If it was patients fair enough.

Dude, when speedystef told me your story you sounded horrific man, wasn't even subtly bit drunk, outright embarrassingly mashed obstructing PBL and making things awkward :s-smilie:

The LAD in me says hero, and crys a tear of admiration

The realist in me says, come on man, really? :/

P.s. I love you, without you I wouldn't have xbox live in my room :p:
So now friends from back home are getting married and having babies? I so should not be broody as a second year!
Reply 2767
hey, can somebody help me!
im a first year, and am very very stuck with one part of an assignment.

basically its a case of a guy who has fractured his leg, and we have been given some blood gases to analyse. The blood gases are quite low, but the issue im having is that the guy is at a hospital at 3300m when these gases are taken, so how do I find out if these gases are normal for this altitude or not?

I have tried looking on the internet for blood gas values for different altitudes but have found nothing.. is there an equation I can use such as the alveolar gas equation?

thanks v much in advance! :smile:
Original post by Mushi_master

Original post by Mushi_master
So now friends from back home are getting married and having babies? I so should not be broody as a second year!

And as a male second year :p:

SMed

How's St Peters going?
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
And as a male second year :p:

I know, right! I guess my 2 gap years may have made a difference to these things...
Reply 2770
Original post by dooodles
hey, can somebody help me!
im a first year, and am very very stuck with one part of an assignment.

basically its a case of a guy who has fractured his leg, and we have been given some blood gases to analyse. The blood gases are quite low, but the issue im having is that the guy is at a hospital at 3300m when these gases are taken, so how do I find out if these gases are normal for this altitude or not?

I have tried looking on the internet for blood gas values for different altitudes but have found nothing.. is there an equation I can use such as the alveolar gas equation?

thanks v much in advance! :smile:

Not a soton medic by any chance?
Reply 2771
Original post by Alex D
Not a soton medic by any chance?

maybe :wink: have you any idea?! im stuck :frown:
Original post by JordanCarroll
Dude, when speedystef told me your story you sounded horrific man, wasn't even subtly bit drunk, outright embarrassingly mashed obstructing PBL and making things awkward :s-smilie:

The LAD in me says hero, and crys a tear of admiration

The realist in me says, come on man, really? :/

P.s. I love you, without you I wouldn't have xbox live in my room :p:

Thankfully you're more lad than realist :wink:
lekky
Grabby :smile:

You know BSL, right? How much did it cost? I'd like to give it a go, but I can't afford a £280 course.
Reply 2774
You know BSL, right? How much did it cost? I'd like to give it a go, but I can't afford a £280 course.

It was free because I started when I was 18 (or under) and in full time education.

Booyah!

If I had had to pay, BSL level 1 was around 200, 70 for the prep for BSL level 2, and BSL level 2 around 350
Reply 2775
Original post by dooodles
maybe :wink: have you any idea?! im stuck :frown:

Haha! I haven't really looked at the assignment yet but the blood gas is altitude is the aspect that I'm not looking forward to. So I'm clueless too atm :wink:

Can you not do it through uni? We had the opportunity to do it as our humanities module this year, but it sounds like the kind of thing that might be offered as an extracurricular by a student union...
Original post by lekky
It was free because I started when I was 18 (or under) and in full time education.

Booyah!

If I had had to pay, BSL level 1 was around 200, 70 for the prep for BSL level 2, and BSL level 2 around 350

Damn you. :unimpressed:

Original post by Becca-Sarah
Can you not do it through uni? We had the opportunity to do it as our humanities module this year, but it sounds like the kind of thing that might be offered as an extracurricular by a student union...

Hopefully, it's top of my list of things to find out about when I go back. I think I've read that it is an SSC somewhere, ?QUB and UCL.
(edited 13 years ago)
:wavey:
Reply 2779
Damn you. :unimpressed:

Hopefully, it's top of my list of things to find out about when I go back. I think I've read that it is an SSC somewhere, ?QUB and UCL.

My Uni has like, language courses in french etc, think I remember seeing they had BSL. they're free. have a look!

Latest

Trending

Trending