The Student Room Group

if a guy is looking for marriage material girls would that freak girls out lol ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlottelisabeth
Fiiinally, a guy who actually admits that this is what he wants! :smile:. No I wouldn't find it wierd or off putting at all, it's kind of what I'd prefer. I don't see the point of having a casual relationship with someone, I'd much rather get into a relationship with someone who I felt I could be really serious with.

lol, I don't think that most guys (of your age) aren't admitting that this is what they want. They just don't want it.
Reply 21
Original post by IlexBlue
Pretty much.

I don't really see that changing, either.

Want to bet?
Original post by Anonymous
Yes depending on what toothpaste you use. Do you use colgate?

Yep. Do I get extra points for using mouthwash too?
Reply 23
yeah it may scare most away. Doing a Ted, as they call it in how i met your mother.
Reply 24
this sounds like the set up to How I Met Your Mother
Original post by Ayshizzle
Yep. Do I get extra points for using mouthwash too?

Nope, mouthwashes are gimmicks. Do you drink coffee?
Nope, mouthwashes are gimmicks. Do you drink coffee?

Nah, tastes like crap
It would freak me out. I'm all for a long term relationship, but the idea of marriage scares me a little.
Reply 28
No, that is the type of guy most girls want !!!
I think you have now made every girl on TSR want to marry you haha
You need to find yourself a christian
Original post by tigertiger
lets just say i dont like short time or casual relationship.i will only be with someone if i see their is a future. like i am not saying getting marrid straight away but like having a plain. we date now and then get to know each other for couple of years and settle down. Is this like too upfront lol. whats the point of having a proper relationship and putting lot of effort and sacrifice. where at the end there is no future

I'm glad that there's males like yourself, who aren't just interested in ONS and flings! :smile: Although I've never had a proper serious relationship (I'm only 17) I'm one of those girls that would be much more interested in a long-term relationship. It wouldn't freak me out because of that, as long as the guy didn't spring it on me suddenly.
Original post by anoushka1
No, that is the type of guy most girls want !!!
I think you have now made every girl on TSR want to marry you haha

You are joking me right? Because alot of guys are simpletons like this who do want to settle down soon etc. but then get shocked when they enter uni life to see what reality is really like. A guy's perspective of what his chances are to finding the right girlfriend change alot during university during which time the girls show themselves are promiscious willing to have any short term relationship to lose their (apparently overdue) virginity. Hence the guy adapts to this shocking society. Alot of guys change themselves by the situation they are faced with, that is, being a nice guy will mean he will finish last.
Some girls would freak out, but not me.
Reply 33
It wouldn't freak me out, it depends if I saw a future with him though. If I believed the relationship to be of a casual nature and you said you saw a future with me, I'd be freaked out. If I was falling for you, I'd be pleased if you then told me you are looking for a long-term, serious relationship... just don't say marriage straight away lol!
You are joking me right? Because alot of guys are simpletons like this who do want to settle down soon etc. but then get shocked when they enter uni life to see what reality is really like. A guy's perspective of what his chances are to finding the right girlfriend change alot during university during which time the girls show themselves are promiscious willing to have any short term relationship to lose their (apparently overdue) virginity. Hence the guy adapts to this shocking society. Alot of guys change themselves by the situation they are faced with, that is, being a nice guy will mean he will finish last.

:rolleyes:Not all girls are promiscious and enter a relationship in order to lose their virginity. Infact majority of girls i know arent like that....where are you from?

A lot of people enter a relationship without knowing whether it will be a long term or short term...and thats normal and theres nothing wrong with it. You cant expect to know how the relationship will change before you enter it.

OP..if you dont kow the person well enough...then it's normal to be freaked out...why would you even consider thinking of getting married to someone you dont really know well enough. I guess everyone has some sort of life plan, theres no point thinking about it with every other person you meet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by When will I know?
:rolleyes:Not all girls are promiscious and enter a relationship in order to lose their virginity. Infact majority of girls i know arent like that....where are you from?

A lot of people enter a relationship without knowing whether it will be a long term or short term...and thats normal and theres nothing wrong with it. You cant expect to know how the relationship will change before you enter it.

OP..if you dont kow the person well enough...then it's normal to be freaked out...why would you even consider thinking of getting married to someone you dont really know well enough. I guess everyone has some sort of life plan, theres no point thinking about it with every other person you meet.

I can only thank you for the reassurance. It's nice to know not all girls are like that.
At my age (nearly 25) this is something that is very important to me, so no, it wouldn't freak me out at all. In fact, if he didn't think it was going to be long-term, then I wouldn't get involved in the first place.

It's only when you get the guy(s?) who says they want long term, then a year down the line (and after lots of emotional sacrifices and promises) realise they want freedom. That gets my blood boiling!
Reply 37
I don't see the point in dating if you know it's not going to go anywhere, tbh. So no, it wouldn't freak me out.
Original post by Dekota-XS
There comes a time in a man's life when he wants grandchildren without wanting to be a father first.

Original post by Ilora-Danon
It's only when you get the guy(s?) ... realise they want freedom.

with this in mind, marriage equals babies?
Reply 39
Original post by x-lolarose-x
You need to find yourself a christian

lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending